"It's time to sign up for Edge!"

Chuplayer

CAGiversary!
Uh, no it isn't.

Any other CAGs around East Brunswick, NJ? You may know about this doucher named Regan. I don't know why, but I've seen him work at three different Gamestop stores. The original Gamestop in Midstate Mall that finally got closed within the past year, the old Funcoland that was just at the other end of Midstate Mall, and now he's at the Brunswick Square Mall location. He's an older guy that pushes and pushes and pushes subscriptions and preorders.

I traded in Metroid Prime Trilogy at the old Funcoland one day, and he asked me if I wanted to preorder Other M. I said no, I don't like Metroid. He said that the series has been around for a long time, and it's good. I told him I've been trying to like it for just as long, and I still don't like it. He then asked me if I wanted to preorder it again. I told him no. Holy crap, what a doucher. Then he began pushing Edge on me after I told him no. He already had the magazine inside the bag before he got the message. Geez.

Then just a couple days ago I had to pick up a GameCube memory card at the Brunswick Square Mall location, and he asked me if I had my Edge card. I told him no. He instantly turned on his training video in his mind, said "It's time to sign up for Edge", and proceeded to reach for a Game Informer magazine. I told him no. He kept going on about how it's a $15 investment that pays for itself in no time. I continued to tell him no. He kept on pushing. Since I had been through this before with him, I was waiting for him to put the magazine in the bag before he got the message again, but I had a better idea. I said, in my best Hank Hill voice, "This is asinine. Why do you keep insisting that I get this Edge card after I told you no? It's like you've got a problem with concentration." He finally got the message, and I paid for my memory card.

If I see him in any Gamestop store ever again, I'm turning around and walking right out.

Apparently you go in to gamestop often, why would you not just pay for the Edge card? Yes the sales pitch is annoying. Why not just sign up, then you don't have to hear it AND YOU SAVE MONEY BUYING GAMES!!!!!

Seriously, you might hate gamestop, but if you are going to shop there, there literally is no reason not to have the edge card.

This is literally exactly like people who run in to a blockbuster and pay $13 for 2 movies, candy and a soda. The employees EXPLAIN to you the movie pass but people refuse to listen. You are wasting money if you shop at Gamestop frequently and don't have an edge card.

[quote name='schuerm26']Apparently you go in to gamestop often, why would you not just pay for the Edge card? Yes the sales pitch is annoying. Why not just sign up, then you don't have to hear it AND YOU SAVE MONEY BUYING GAMES!!!!!

Seriously, you might hate gamestop, but if you are going to shop there, there literally is no reason not to have the edge card.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flea']I just borrow my friend's edge card when I need to buy something at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

This and this- I buy most of my games used. I like to look at them first to check condition. Therefore, I shop at GS often, and as such buy the Edge card- I mean, unless you only trade in/buy used once or twice a year, it's probably worthwhile. My fiance doesn't much like GS or used games, but gets roped into them sometimes (siblings, just being cheap, can't find it new)- so he uses my card. I don't mind, it just makes it more worthwhile to bother with.

You should probably crunch the numbers and see if it's really so bad. Check with a friend, see if they'll split with you for a shared use card. You can even mess with this guy by making it a point not to get your edge from him.

[quote name='schuerm26']Apparently you go in to gamestop often, why would you not just pay for the Edge card? Yes the sales pitch is annoying. Why not just sign up, then you don't have to hear it AND YOU SAVE MONEY BUYING GAMES!!!!!

This is literally exactly like people who run in to a blockbuster and pay $13 for 2 movies, candy and a soda. The employees EXPLAIN to you the movie pass but people refuse to listen. You are wasting money if you shop at Gamestop frequently and don't have an edge card.[/QUOTE]

No, this literally isn't like that at all. I think this used memory card is the only used thing I've bought so far this year. The first time I saw the doucher, I didn't buy anything. The second time I saw the doucher, I was picking up my MGS Peace Walker PSP.

Here's the plan:

Buy the EDGE card from another store, then go into this guy's store once you have it.

When he starts on you to get an EDGE card, get him to somehow lean in really close to you, then smash him in the frickin' face with the EDGE card while screaming "I have a fuckin' EDGE card and I didn't buy it from you".;)

Then turn around and walk out of the store.

Oh and don't forget the glitter and knocking over a few magazine racks.:D

I just say "No means no" on preorders. An edge card is a very good investment if you are a frequent shopper. I've saved $30+ easily. The magazine is just a bonus.

You think it's annoying having the guy ask you all the time? Just think about how annoying it must when he gets chewed out by his manager about getting EDGE subs...and how annoying it is for his manager to get chewed out by the DM...and so forth and so on.

i would get an edge card, but i tend to find cheaper deals online than at gamestop

same goes for trade-ins (ebay)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You think it's annoying having the guy ask you all the time? Just think about how annoying it must when he gets chewed out by his manager about getting EDGE subs...and how annoying it is for his manager to get chewed out by the DM...and so forth and so on.[/QUOTE]

I've been asked in the past, but this guy takes it way too far. Have you ever had somebody put a Game Informer magazine in your bag as if it was already a done deal that you'd be signing up? I'm not paying for that magazine, so what is it doing in my bag?

And have you ever had somebody command you that it is time to sign up for the Edge card? That's ridiculous.

So basically your problem is you feel emasculated by this assertive alpha male pushing the edge card upon you? Just tell him to fuck off I bet he stops asking after that.

[quote name='blissskr']So basically your problem is you feel emasculated by this assertive alpha male pushing the edge card upon you? Just tell him to fuck off I bet he stops asking after that.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... quit being a pussy OP.:p Manners are great when you're dealing with a respectable employee but sometimes you need to be a dick. Sure, the guy may try to screw you over in the future but that's when you get the DM involved.

[quote name='blissskr']So basically your problem is you feel emasculated by this assertive alpha male pushing the edge card upon you? Just tell him to fuck off I bet he stops asking after that.[/QUOTE]

How would you like it if the newspaper person hawking newspaper subscriptions at the supermarket you go to put a newspaper in your cart as a tactic to get you to sign up? You wouldn't like it very much, would you?

[quote name='chuplayer']i've been asked in the past, but this guy takes it way too far. Have you ever had somebody put a game informer magazine in your bag as if it was already a done deal that you'd be signing up? I'm not paying for that magazine, so what is it doing in my bag?

And have you ever had somebody command you that it is time to sign up for the edge card? That's ridiculous.[/quote]

[quote name='blissskr']so basically your problem is you feel emasculated by this assertive alpha male pushing the edge card upon you?[/quote]

[quote name='vinny']seriously... Quit being a pussy op.:p [/quote]

[quote name='chuplayer']how would you like it if the newspaper person hawking newspaper subscriptions at the supermarket you go to put a newspaper in your cart as a tactic to get you to sign up? You wouldn't like it very much, would you?[/quote]
BEST RESPONSES EVA!!! Seriously though Chuplayer, if he puts it in your bag walk the fuck out (preferably with the mag).

[quote name='Chuplayer']How would you like it if the newspaper person hawking newspaper subscriptions at the supermarket you go to put a newspaper in your cart as a tactic to get you to sign up? You wouldn't like it very much, would you?[/QUOTE]

Next time you should just carry a bat around with you and wear a shirt that says "Don't try to sell me shit, I MEAN IT!"

That should solve your problems.

[quote name='Squarehard']Next time you should just carry a bat around with you and wear a shirt that says "Don't try to sell me shit, I MEAN IT!"

That should solve your problems.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that laws regarding assault and battery have been repealed. I'll be sure to clobber every person I meet from now on.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that laws regarding assault and battery have been repealed. I'll be sure to clobber every person I meet from now on.[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit!

[quote name='Scorch']it seems like you don't want to be pushed around, but you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.[/QUOTE]

Hence the creation of this passive-aggressive thread.

[quote name='Scorch']it seems like you don't want to be pushed around, but you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.[/QUOTE]

This is asinine. Why do you insist that I didn't have the balls to stand up for myself when I explained how I did at the end of the original post? It's like you've got a problem with concentration.

[quote name='Chuplayer']How would you like it if the newspaper person hawking newspaper subscriptions at the supermarket you go to put a newspaper in your cart as a tactic to get you to sign up? You wouldn't like it very much, would you?[/QUOTE]
I'm not a fucking puss bag I'd take the newspaper and throw it in his fucking face.

[quote name='blissskr']I'm not a fucking puss bag I'd take the newspaper and throw it in his fucking face.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I didn't know that laws regarding assault and battery have been revoked.

Seriously. It's like you've got a problem with concentration.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I'm sorry, I didn't know that laws regarding assault and battery have been revoked.

Seriously. It's like you've got a problem with concentration.[/QUOTE]

And your a girly man that plays dress up with dolls dude not exactly the definition of masculinity, but no harm no foul princess.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I'm sorry, I didn't know that laws regarding assault and battery have been revoked.

Seriously. It's like you've got a problem with concentration.[/QUOTE]

Next time you should just walk around with a and bat wear a shirt that says "Don't try to sell me shit, I MEAN IT!"

That should solve your problems.

I got so pissed at them for offering me an edge card that I went around the store ripping the cellophane off all the new games! They were like "thanks" and I was like "haha! now you have to sell them at a loss as used games!" and they were like "lol, no we don't!" and I was so puzzled by this...is it really true that they can sell opened new games as regular new games?

[quote name='Squarehard']Next time you should just walk around with a and bat wear a shirt that says "Don't try to sell me shit, I MEAN IT!"

Squarehard,

Try harder.

Chuplayer

[quote name='Squarehard']Next time you should just walk around with a and bat wear a shirt that says "Don't try to sell me shit, I MEAN IT!"

Yeah except I'd read it as someone trying to literally sell you shit, then hawk products on you until you explode.

Anyway Chu, just do what I did when I was in a Sears yesterday looking at the electronics clearance table, sales person came up, said hello. I did not want to be bothered so I literally just walked off saying yeahhh how's it going in a Lumberg from Office Space tone. Dude left me alone after that.

[quote name='blissskr']And your a girly man that plays dress up with dolls dude not exactly the definition of masculinity, but no harm no foul princess.[/QUOTE]

^This!!!!!!

:applause:

[quote name='moon_knight']Anytime a person tries to sell you something, challenge them to a round of fisticuffs.[/QUOTE]

Dear CAG,

Grow up.

Chuplayer

everything we say to you, you come up with some smartass response or say that we "don't concentrate" (i think you've accused at least four people of "not concentrating".. or maybe i'm not concentrating on you concentrating on the lack of people not concentrating).. what were you looking for with this post? aww, poor Chuplayer, he was almost conned into buying an edge card, blahblahblah.. what did you expect the responses would be to you whining about an overly aggressive salesman? he wants to keep his job. if you don't like it, quit going in b&m stores and start shopping online like most of us have.

Maybe I wanted a little support. The guy had the magazine in my bag. I didn't want it. I don't do enough used business. Continuing to hawk on it isn't going to make me want it more. It's annoying. I don't like him.

[quote name='Scorch']Then A.) Drop the item and walk out of the store and B.) Never shop there again.[/QUOTE]

I had to get a memory card. What was I going to do without a memory card?

And I already told you that I was going to not shop there if he was there. It's like you've got a problem with concentration.

...are you repeating yourself because it's your mantra or something or are you just not realizing that you keep saying the same thing?

To be honest friend, I don't think you're going to find any support here, I don't think anyone here finds the situation severe enough to warrant any sense of outrage. I'm not being a dick when I say this but maybe you should work on your social skills... if you're prepared for these kinda encounters then they probably won't bother you as much as they currently do.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I had to get a memory card. What was I going to do without a memory card?

And I already told you that I was going to not shop there if he was there. It's like you've got a problem with concentration.[/QUOTE]

Is concentration Sesame Streets word of the day? I think you should try concentrating harder on what the word actually means and how to use it in proper context.

GS employees used to harp me to get an EDGE every time I went in (and I rarely go in), but not anymore it seems like. I mean, there was a new guy when I traded some stuff in last Thursday, and he only asked once (with his manager right behind him, even).

Maybe you should say (OP), something like "I have an EDGE card, but I love GameStop SOOOO much, that I will pay full price, and get jipped on my trade ins." - and pull out a GS giftcard (EDGE card) real quick, and pocket it back again.

:lol:

[quote name='Scorch']everything we say to you, you come up with some smartass response or say that we "don't concentrate" (i think you've accused at least four people of "not concentrating".. or maybe i'm not concentrating on you concentrating on the lack of people not concentrating).. what were you looking for with this post? aww, poor Chuplayer, he was almost conned into buying an edge card, blahblahblah.. what did you expect the responses would be to you whining about an overly aggressive salesman? he wants to keep his job. if you don't like it, quit going in b&m stores and start shopping online like most of us have.[/QUOTE]

^
:applause:

[quote name='moon_knight']Anytime a person tries to sell you something, challenge them to a round of fisticuffs.[/QUOTE]
yea, fisticuffs!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You think it's annoying having the guy ask you all the time? Just think about how annoying it must when he gets chewed out by his manager about getting EDGE subs...and how annoying it is for his manager to get chewed out by the DM...and so forth and so on.[/QUOTE]
IN-Deed...and any place where they ask about cards...
It's god awful...Management never shuts up...Even if they don't pull in ppl themselves.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']IN-Deed...and any place where they ask about cards...
It's god awful...Management never shuts up...Even if they don't pull in ppl themselves.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it again. He had the magazine in my bag. That rubbed me the wrong way. That should rub you the wrong way, too.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Maybe I wanted a little support. [/QUOTE]
9sq5tx.gif

[quote name='kingtut313']
9sq5tx.gif
[/QUOTE]

Response of the year.

Seriously man, what do you want from us? Sure, it was presumptuous and outrageous of this guy to put the magazine in your bag. He's a salesman, it's what he does. I even worked with a guy like that at Gamestop for a while and it was just as annoying from the other side of the register.

Stop getting all defensive. Even the dude above who supported you wasn't good enough. You want support? Call your mom.

Don't bother quoting King of the Hill to me either. You look snappy enough as it is.

bread's done
Back