iTunes App Store Integration on CAG - What Features Would You Like?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Similar to what we currently do with console and PC games, we are going to be adding the contents of the iTunes App Store to the CAG Price Tracker and database. Here is what we've got planned:

• App info pages with description, price history, screencaps, review scores, CAG comments
  • Daily price change reports
  • Collection & Wish List integration
  • Set your own price email alerts
  • Browse/Filter apps by category, price (free/paid), release/update date, popularity
What are we missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ipod/iphone games deal thread should be stickied on the front page, along with amazon credit deals, and BM stores like walmart. It pretty much stays on the front page every day, and is updated so frequently, it would save room for other threads.

[quote name='Gooney Gu Gu']Sort by Developer/creator i.e. PopCap, ngmoco[/QUOTE]
I second this.

I like the stickied comment for the thread! :D

As far as the app notifications, I think push notifications for free games (or I was thinking, when they drop to the cheapest they've ever been ... although, I don't know if that's possible?) would be extremely applicable! That I would most definitely add!

I have a feature for the whole database, not just the iphone apps.

How about a horizontal scrolling cover view of similar or related games when looking at any game in the database?
Also, make it based on what CAG's recommend as a similar or related game.
Sorta like how Amazon does it with their "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section at the middle of their listings.

Also, not only should you show screenshots, you should show youtube gameplay or review videos of the apps (and/ or games).

Seeing how fun a game is is better then a screenshot.

[quote name='jamesesdad']I think the ipod/iphone games deal thread should be stickied on the front page, along with amazon credit deals, and BM stores like walmart. It pretty much stays on the front page every day, and is updated so frequently, it would save room for other threads.[/QUOTE]

I would go a step farther and say it should have it's own section in the forums, that way individual sales/ games that are good can be especially highlighted with their own thread without bogging down the main deals video game forum. Given the popularity of the Current thread I think a sub forum would get a lot of traffic.

If you can rate these games, then an option to sort by ratings would be nice.

Are these games automatically added to the database or is it still user-submitted? Because an actual new release list that isn't limited by pre-requisites like the one in the app store would be nice to have.

All apps will be automatically imported into the db. In fact, the games are already in.
I think we will be able to have both iTunes ratings and CAG ratings.

I would wanna know if an app goes free & for how long it will be free. I always go to freeappcalendar.com but that only shows 1 app & not for how long it's free. also if its ipad or iphone, etc.

Apps by nature are generally not expensive. I doubt anyone would go nut if plants vs. zombies dropped from 10 to 8. just a comment.

bread's done
Back