I've finally picked the right religion for me!!!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The effects were cool, I'll give you that. Quaid seemed to be trying to channel Han Solo. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, alot of the kids seem to be forming religions out of entertainment mediums that have entered the public consciousness, such as Star Wars and the works of HP Lovecraft.

For example, I've seen kids ritualistically taking on the role of Darth Vader replete with fake lightsaber. As for Lovecraft, an example would be that several versions of the fabled Necronomicon actually exist and have been put to use in ceremony.

I'm all for experimentation on this bold level. I find the dance between imagination and "reality" utterly fascinating - for somewhere in the middle lies what we can only vaguely label as spirituality.

You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism 79%
Islam 71%
Paganism 58%
Satanism 58%
Christianity 54%
agnosticism 50%
Judaism 46%
Hinduism 33%
atheism 13%

[quote name='Kayden']What I gather of it, they're both the same. Before you start yellin I'm wrong, just read. Satanism is enjoying earthly pleasures right? What does Christianity label most of those? Sins. Satanism and Satan are more or less the same, its just that the Christian spin on sex being bad that gives it the evil image. Sure, he's also linked with torture and death and all that fun stuff, but thats just Christians attaching a dangerous and sinful image to sex. Yep... they demonized Satan.
Rapists have sex.... you don't want to be a rapist do you? :roll:

Everything Satanism stands for was wrapped up into a nice little package and personified as Satan with a dash of murder and eternal torment.[/QUOTE]

Enjoying earthly pleasures is not where Satanism and Christianity divide. The divide is that Satanism is individualistic, while Christianity is communal. The Satanist pursues the good of himself, while the (true) Christian pursues the good of all.

The Catholic Church does not consider sex itself to be sinful, just certain applications of it. Look at how many kids your typical Catholic family has :)

[quote name='miniarnold']The Catholic Church does not consider sex itself to be sinful, just certain applications of it. Look at how many kids your typical Catholic family has :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think the catholic church considers sex between married heterogeneous couples of the catholic faith to be sinful, it's the enjoyment of sex that they consider a sin.

I don't think you want to use anecdotal evidence when talking about the catholic church's sex policies though (See: Recent News, priests and altar boys...)

Wow, people get really personal and aloof when relgion is discussed.

That test was fun.

You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 96%
Buddhism 75%
Paganism 58%
Satanism 38%
atheism 33%
Islam 25%
Christianity 25%
Hinduism 21%
Judaism 17%

[quote name='camoor']I don't think the catholic church considers sex between married heterogeneous couples of the catholic faith to be sinful, it's the enjoyment of sex that they consider a sin.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Are you saying that Catholics cannot enjoy sex, or that this enjoyment cannot be found by married Catholic couples?

[quote name='miniarnold']I'm not sure what you mean by that? Are you saying that Catholics cannot enjoy sex, or that this enjoyment cannot be found by married Catholic couples?[/QUOTE]

They aren't supposed to have sex for any reason other than producing children. Hence the ban on contraceptives, and the large families. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']They aren't supposed to have sex for any reason other than producing children. Hence the ban on contraceptives, and the large families. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sex to produce Catholic offspring. Hence the bans on gays, abortion, contraceptives, masturbation (but not in vitro fertillization!) and the frowning upon intermarriage with people of other christian sects / jews / other.

However all the Mel Gibsons of the world can't change the fact that Catholism is experiencing a worldwide decline like never before.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']What I would love to see is everyone's age along side these test results.. I would be sure as the age rises, the tendency towards high levels of Satanist/Atheist/etc would drop dramatically.

This is why you don't see very many "Wiccans" out of college.[/QUOTE]

agnosticism - 88%
Buddhism - 79%
atheism - 67%
Paganism - 63%
Islam - 58%
Satanism - 46%
Judaism - 42%
Hinduism - 29%
Christianity - 25%

I don't think that Satanism should be as high up as it is on my results--it should be at the bottom with Christianity. Aside from that, it's accurate enough, and I've identified as agnostic for the past six years. I'm 20.

And one more thing: "Religion is the opiate of the masses."

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Meanwhile faith in RA is obviously on the rise[/QUOTE]

In Horus We Trust

istockphoto_241836_the_eye_of_the_pyramid.jpg

You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Islam83%
Satanism83%
agnosticism83%
atheism79%
Buddhism50%
Judaism42%
Paganism42%
Christianity33%
Hinduism21%

haha, funny results.

bread's done
Back