I've got the parts; where can I get my PC built for me?

sergioalb64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Hi everyone. What's a good place to get a computer built from pre-bought parts? I set aside $100 for this :) Many people tell me that I should just do it myself, but I couldn't even consider it; too risky, methinks :)

I've seen the Geek Squad / Firedog, but seems to me like they might not do a great job and charge me way too much. Apparently PC Club did a great job on this but they went bankrupt. Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Almost everything nowadays is socketed so differently, that there's no way to screw anything up by putting it in the wrong slot.

The hardest part is dealing with any software quirks that come up.

If you really want someone to do it for you, try a local computer shop. BB won't do it for you and you'll pay too much for someone to come to your house.

It's easy but time consuming work.. it takes a couple hours.. I'd expect it to cost far more than it's worth anywhere official.

Maybe you could post a bulletin at your local university in the EE department, say seniors only or something so you know they'll have some idea of what they're doing. Students work cheap. Like $20/hr or so would be fair, considering it's a short job and they'd have to go out to your place. You'd probably end up paying about $40. You could offer your full $100 and you'd get a ton of responses, then you could pick and choose the most qualified...

If any of your friends are computer geeks ask one of them to do it, but help them. It's really not that hard to do. Maybe watch an online tutorial or two before you start.

It's honestly so easy, I could probably do it blindfolded. I'd say the hardest part is putting thermal paste on the CPU. Try it yourself. There's no possible way you could put anything in the wrong spot, as no part has the same socket type as another part.

bread's done
Back