I've seen plenty of generous CAG'ers on here, so I guess it's worth a try..

unitedvandalism

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know this is a stupid place to ask, but hear my plea.

I just got a PS3 slim, and Battlefield 2/FFXIII. I was so excited to play it on my 32" HDTV. So, I got home, unboxed the slim... and realized NO COMPONET CABLES?

360/PS3 are all about HD gaming, yet they only give you the standard composite cables.. I had no idea. Especially I don't have a SD television, so the games look so blurry on my HDTV in SD. I have to sit at least like 6-10 feet away from the games for them to look playable. I've tried upscaling and everything - as I AM on a HDTV, but it made little to no difference.

I know you can find the cables for like 5$, but I moved to a tiny town last year, and live an hour and a half from any kind of civilization. All we have is a Dollar General, a Rite Aid, a few places to eat, and 2 gas stations.

I won't have a ride out to Walmart again for probably another month or so. Which really sucks. If anyone had a spare one they could send me, that'd be awesome. I could send concealed cash for it.. if you wanted, but I don't have paypal or anything.

I don't know, I'm really not just being some cheap ass here, I just have no possible way to get one for a while, and figured it was at least worth asking for.

Don't flame me... :(

Eh, I have a debit card with -48$ on it, haha.

Stupid gas station was slow with charging me, and I thought I had nine dollars in my account and bought 2 packs of smokes. Next thing I know, I get a letter saying I'm 48$ in the hole >_>

I guess I'll just have to end up paying that off, and then putting some money into my account to order one.

Figured it was at least worth a try asking, considering I saw someone else give a spare one away. Would save me a lot of hassle, but eh, I suppose I'll figure something out.

Any reason why you wouldn't be looking for a HDMI cable over component cables? Does your TV not have a spare HDMI input at the moment?

I got my first HDMI on ebay for 9, then wound up getting a clearance monster cable HDMI from RadioShack for 15 (was in the mountains, didn't know they had an LCD, needed one, flipped out on the price)

You'd be retarded to use anything else unless you absolutely had to

[quote name='kurrptsenate']You'd be retarded to use anything else unless you absolutely had to[/QUOTE]

I switched from HDMI to Component with my PS3 for capturing purposes, and I haven't noticed a difference. Besides the fact that I bought shitty component cables, there's nothing wrong with component.

Also, Sony doesn't include HDMI/Component cables because third parties bitch about not being able to sell their $100 'super' HDMI cables.

be careful with monoprice, they recently got compromised and a ton of people got fraudulent charges on their cc. Makes me second think purchasing from them

[quote name='ssjmichael']be careful with monoprice, they recently got compromised and a ton of people got fraudulent charges on their cc. Makes me second think purchasing from them[/QUOTE]

That's been taken care of. I wouldn't think twice about purchasing from Monoprice. One of the best sites out there. At least 2 or 3 times a year, I place around a $50 order, which usually gets me about 10 pounds of random cables. Some I use, some I don't, either way, they're cheap. :p

And if you're worried use Paypal or Google Checkout. Or even cash/check/money order.

Haha, thanks for the advice guys. I just went ahead and ordered a HDMI cable from Amazon for around 10 bucks after shipping. I really didn't think I had a way, but I talked my brother into letting me use his CC.

I just never really considered HDMI, as I had componet for my 360, and I remember a friend paying 50 some dollars for his PS3 HDMI cable. I didn't realize they were so cheap online.

You wonder why they even bother putting a composite cable in there at all. HDMI is the way to go. You can occasionally find good deals like 3 for $10 or something like that.

CAG = Cheapassgamer

CAGer = Cheapassgamerer

A common mistake.

Slightly annoying after seeing it hundreds of times.

[quote name='antlp89']CAG = Cheapassgamer

CAGer = Cheapassgamerer

A common mistake.

[/QUOTE]

I waited 12 hours for this post. :)

That said-- Go straight to HDMI- do not stop at "go". There is no point with how cheap you can get HDMI cables on Monoprice and Amazon.

[quote name='unitedvandalism']Haha, thanks for the advice guys. I just went ahead and ordered a HDMI cable from Amazon for around 10 bucks after shipping. I really didn't think I had a way, but I talked my brother into letting me use his CC.

I just never really considered HDMI, as I had componet for my 360, and I remember a friend paying 50 some dollars for his PS3 HDMI cable. I didn't realize they were so cheap online.[/QUOTE]HDMI cables are retail are usually ridiculous in price compared to online options.

Monoprice and Amazon are places you can find cables on the cheap that are decent, good quality cables.

I'd move the 360 to HDMI as well, assuming you have the free port. It's much easier to do video + audio on one HDMI cable than the component cable. Anything I have going to my receiver that does 1080p gets a HDMI cable, anything that does 1080i or lower, it gets either a HDMI cable or component cables.

For now, the component cables on the 360 won't make any difference unless you're running 1080p, and if your TV is 32", it's likely only a 720p/1080i set, so it won't matter.

[quote name='antlp89']CAG = Cheapassgamer

CAGer = Cheapassgamerer

A common mistake.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks for pointing that out. I obviously meant CAG'er'er. Common mistake.

We're all Cheap Ass Gamererer's here, right?

bread's done
Back