J-Cag, translation help

PhantomaZero

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I have a test coming up sixth period and could use some last minute help. If you guys could help translate these sentences, it'd be really cool:

- How long did you watch TV every day (Should be something like mainichi terebi o miru kotoga...)

- How many months is your summer vacation (Natsu yasumi ni nankagetsu...)

- How many years have you studied Japanese? (Nihongo wa nannen kan benkyoushimashita ka?)

mainichi nanjikangurai terebi wo mimasuka

Natsu yasumi wa nangetsugurai arimasuka

Nihongo ga nannengurai benkyoushimashita ka

thats from the top of my head, but ur on the right track with what uve written. Not so sure about the second one id have to pull out my book to double check. Also for number one you say DID in english...do you want it to be in past tense?

u can also say mainichi terebi wo nanjikangurai mimasuka. Just dont use that miru kotoga...when using that in class its most likely describing if you have done something before. IE Have you ever been to boston? (boston ni ita kotoga arimasuka)

[quote name='Weedy649']
Natsu yasumi wa nangetsugurai arimasuka
[/quote] 夏休みは何ヶ月ですか。
Should be "Nankagetsu", since "-kagetsu" is the counter for a number of months.

[quote name='Weedy649']
Just dont use that miru kotoga...when using that in class its most likely describing if you have done something before. IE Have you ever been to boston? (boston ni ita kotoga arimasuka)
[/quote] Yeah, in the past tense, "~~ ことがあります" expresses experience.
In the present tense, like if he said "ボストンに行くことがあります" it expresses something that's done with some frequency. "I go to Boston sometimes." Still inapplicable to what the OP's trying to say though.

Looks like I got these correct for the most part. I forgot if month was ka gatsu or gettsu, so I ended up putting both of them in the other section. Pretty sure I handled this test well though! Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back