J&R Blu Ray Blowout

[quote name='kellehair']How is $20 a good deal for a movie?[/quote]Because it seems to me that the currently cheapest price coming up on DVDPricesearch.com is $24.49 at Amazon.com.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Tekkon Kinkreet and Paprika at $17 each looks good - which tells you how outragous the price is normally. I've never seen either below $25. Seriously considering these.[/quote]I picked up those two at that price, well well worth it, due to them not going below $25.

[quote name='kellehair']How is $20 a good deal for a movie?[/quote]

well since MSRP for blus are about $30, $20 is good.

Its like buying a fancy car that costs $300K for $280K or something.

Ah thanks OP! There are 3 titles I wanted for a long time, I used google check out so it was like free ship.

On a side note, anyone know what that "Buy 3 and Save!" is all about on near top of each page? It didn't seem like it gave me any additional savings..

[quote name='kellehair']How is $20 a good deal for a movie?[/QUOTE]

Well actually since it's a BluRay it isn't a bad deal, 20 for a brand new release is enough to get most people interested to jump...
The real question is how is anything less than them paying you for taking Wall-E off their hands, considered a deal??
As it was a drab, overly drawn out greenpeace commercial disguised as a feature film...
Unfortunately, people like it, I really can't get why, but hey, to each his own...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Well actually since it's a BluRay it isn't a bad deal, 20 for a brand new release is enough to get most people interested to jump...
The real question is how is anything less than them paying you for taking Wall-E off their hands, considered a deal??
As it was a drab, overly drawn out greenpeace commercial disguised as a feature film...
Unfortunately, people like it, I really can't get why, but hey, to each his own...
-Goatman[/quote]

i think someone lost there inner child.

thanks OP! lots of great movies i wanted, decided to only buy 3:

6th day (for some reason, i feel compelled to own every Arnie film ever on bluray, ironically this will be my 6th)
Seven Years in Tibet
Memoirs of a Geisha

each was 12.99 and i loved the latter two.

(i love all arnie's movies, including the "bad" ones, hes awesome!)

I am angered I bought what I thought was a deal at best buy on blu ray's, it seems like they just get cheaper and cheaper as deals get better. After the holidays will probably show blu rays at regular dvd prices
CAGpixel.JPG

nice. i'm picking up curse of the golden flower, house of flying daggers, black hawk down, layer cake, and face off. overall, 38 dollars cheaper than amazon.

*edit. after shipping, it's almost exactly 26 dollars cheaper than amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Rambo 1-3 boxset for $24.99 at Amazon. (already had Rambo from Gamestop $5)

FYI, you get a bigger selection on J&R's site if you just go to Blu-Rays and click the price range. Many movies are garbage but some notable ones are missing from the other list.

Anyone find out how buying 3 saves money?

For Prime members as well- Saw 1 and 2 are $10.49 a piece. I'm going to wait till Saw III ($14.99 everywhere it seems) drops a bit and I already got Saw IV used ($5) at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I dunno,. I picked up Walle and Paprika for $36. While not great, I really wanted Walle and paprika never goes below 16.[/quote]
Yeah I might pick up Wall-E myself. I saw it at the drive-in and thought it was a decent adventure.

It says Buy 3 and save at the top, but I added 3 into my cart and didn't get any discount or anything. I guess I misinterpreted?

Are there any coupons for free shipping or something of the sort?

[quote name='trunks982']went to the store and picked up Forbidden Kingdom for the same price.[/quote]

You're going to regret it. That movie was horrible.

Is Silent Hill any good? I've got Wall-E and The Lives of Others (GREAT price on the latter. $10 cheaper than Amazon) in my cart but am considering a third movie.

Also, Google checkout makes for free shipping pretty much.

[quote name='graf1k']Is Silent Hill any good? I've got Wall-E and The Lives of Others (GREAT price on the latter. $10 cheaper than Amazon) in my cart but am considering a third movie.

Also, Google checkout makes for free shipping pretty much.[/QUOTE]

I thought that it was a really good game to movie adaptation, good movie in general. But of course some of it is because I have played all the SH games & being somewhat of a fan. But either way, my friends (who didn't play any SH games) liked the movie & story.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Tekkon Kinkreet and Paprika at $17 each looks good - which tells you how outragous the price is normally. I've never seen either below $25. Seriously considering these.[/quote]

Hell yes to tekkon kinkreet.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Ordered 1, worked fine. Don’t pay attention to that buy three thing. Lol.[/FONT]

hmm......studying all day and then checking this for a "break" is really killing my wallet. do i NEED any of these movies? Does it even make sense to buy these if i already have them on DVD??? Biochem is eating my brain!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Tekkon Kinkreet and Paprika at $17 each looks good - which tells you how outragous the price is normally. I've never seen either below $25. Seriously considering these.[/QUOTE]

those are decent prices but i picked both of these up in a previous J&R sale for about $13 a piece. both movies are worth it at this price though!

but i will probably snag a couple off this sale for some x-mas gifts. thanx op

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']How much are some of you guys paying for shipping? I'm very interested in Tekkonkinkreet.[/quote]
Dude, all you have to do is add the stuff to your cart to see.

$2.95 for the first. $1 addl each addl movie for me in the US.

[quote name='Viperx116']You're going to regret it. That movie was horrible.[/QUOTE]

i saw it in the theater. i like it. its not bad.

Some good movies, but nothing in there I want that I don't already own on DVD--and none of them are one's I plan on upgrading to Blu Ray.

[quote name='dizz.lee']nice. i'm picking up curse of the golden flower, house of flying daggers, black hawk down, layer cake, and face off. overall, 38 dollars cheaper than amazon.

*edit. after shipping, it's almost exactly 26 dollars cheaper than amazon.[/quote]
Well now it isn't.....if you have Prime (plus there's free 2-day shipping).

There are new low prices for movies on J&R's website.

Basically it's more titles to choose from where it says NEW LOW PRICE on the left.

bread's done
Back