Jak 3 bugs?

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I've been playing this game for less than 3 hours and I've already had the game lock up in between scenes, and I've noticed hit detection and camera issues as well...

Is it me, or does it feel like this game was not tested extensively?

I think it's just you, the reviews I've read haven't mentioned bugs or any glitches like what you've mentioned. ND has always done a great job of fine-tuning their games to reduce the amount of problems as much as they can.

I rented the game and I had no such problems.

Probably a dirty ps2, dirty disk, both or a scratched disk.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Brand new disc, brand new ps2...

I've had no problems with Jak 2, Ratchet series, or any other games.[/quote]

Try renting it or borrowing it and see if you get the same problems. If not then try exchanging the disk.

bleh, it locked when the screen was switching between the rounding up of the lizards and whatever was before the leaper vehicle... I had to push triangle to skip the "cut scene" and now it saved.

I guess I can try it with someone else's game, but I'd have to start all over.

None of the cut scenes are working, I'm going to exchange the disc, or kill sony for making faulty PS2s...

Problem is, my PS2 original makes the loud clicking sometimes when loading discs, which someone told me could scratch the games.

I am going to return my PStwo tomorrow, it's less than 90 days. If they exchange me a new one, I'm going to try to trade it for an old one, or ebay it.

I knew the slim PStwo would be trouble, but I gave in.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Problem is, my PS2 original makes the loud clicking sometimes when loading discs, which someone told me could scratch the games.

I am going to return my PStwo tomorrow, it's less than 90 days. If they exchange me a new one, I'm going to try to trade it for an old one, or ebay it.

I knew the slim PStwo would be trouble, but I gave in.[/quote]

That is why I'm waiting for a while to make sure they get the kinks out. By now no one should buy sony game hardware at launch. It's just common sense.

It's definitely my console... My almost four-year-old PS2 booted the cutscenes with no problem.

EDIT: this happened with multiple cutscenes.

I had the same problem. I also felt like the game was horribly rushed, with collision detection problems, a piss poor storyline, and weak level design. I was a HUGE fan of this series, but Jak 3 was an utter letdown to me.

OK, I did finally have one problem, albeit a minor one. I came across a location where you have to defeat all the enemies in the area before a platform will appear to take you to the next section. After defeating all the enemies, the platform never came. Of course, I didn't know at first that there would be a platform appearing so I spent a good 15 minutes at a complete loss as to what to do next. I decided to just jump off an edge and die so I could restart that section. That's when I realized, during the second playthrough, what was really supposed to happen...

Now that I'm done with the game, I do have to agree with you, Repairman Jack, in saying that the story and level design were sorely lacking. The game is still pretty fun to play if only because it has the first two games as a foundation for its gameplay, but the series definitely didn't go out on top. That major plot development near the end was a real stinker...

Now that I went back to my old PS2 (may 2001 30001 model) the game is loading like a breeze... I have to say the experience is a lot better when you aren't worrying about ps2 failure.

I am only 35 or so % in, and I really like it, even though it's more of the same Jak 2 formula.

bread's done
Back