jak and daxter collection (vita) 19.99$ @gamestop

Amazon has it for $20 as well.  Quick price drop is probably due to the substandard quality of the ports to Vita. 

I'll grab it if it ever hits $10 retail or on PSN.  The PS3 versions are all pretty sweet from what I've played.

Might pick this up nice deal for $20 I've heard Jak 2 and 3 aren't bad at all but Jak 1 has some issues. Thinking about picking it up thanks for the heads up OP! :)

I can't help but think that this will have plenty of 15 dollar and maybe even 10 dollar sales in the future. I think I'll hold off for now, but thanks anyhow OP.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

This is the WORST port of ALL TIME. It was the worst $30 I have ever spent in my life, buying it on release day. The games run at an extremely choppy ~15 fps. Forget about trying to drive in Jak 2 unless you want to play in slow motion.

Not trying to be dramatic here, this is the biggest disappointment of a game I have ever purchased and I do not want my fellow CAGS to get ripped off like I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this at Amazon on release(June 18, 2013). Their policy says that new/sealed games must be returned within 1-month of shipment.

If I buy it at GS, can I return that sealed copy to Amazon? It''s not fraud, right?

This is the WORST port of ALL TIME. It was the worst $30 I have ever spent in my life, buying it on release day. The games run at an extremely choppy ~15 fps. Forget about trying to drive in Jak 2 unless you want to play in slow motion.

Not trying to be dramatic here, this is the biggest disappointment of a game I have ever purchased and I do not want my fellow CAGS to get ripped off like I did.
Thanks. Every time a veteran CAG says "it's the worst (or one of the worst) $XX I have ever spent", it really means something to me. Mine still goes to Brink for $5.

Thanks. Every time a veteran CAG says "it's the worst (or one of the worst) $XX I have ever spent", it really means something to me. Mine still goes to Brink for $5.
mine still goes to the poor pokemon game the mailman ran over... everyone remember that story LOL

I actually enjoyed Brink. Maybe not a $20 pickup, but easily worth $5. I do realize, though, that I am in the minority.

Biggest mistake for me was X-Men Destiny on release day. I wanted to kill myself...

i was excited to finally play these only to find that they suffer from terrible frame rates and graphical issues. one of my few regretful purchases this year. i dont recommend buying it

Can you transfer saves between versions if you have PS3 and Vita?  Bought the PS3 version,  but it's been sitting in the backlog.  This might be a good way to kill the lunch hour.

This is pretty much how I felt about the R&C Full Assault port. I bought the game and sold the PS3 one back (paying 10 bucks in the end) for the Vita version and I regret it because it's such a bad, bad, experience.

i hated myself for buying then ps3 versions of condemned 2 and lost planet. both games were bad and the ports were worse smh. of course brink is # 1 on my current gen smh list

Like the price, but I've read bad, bad things about the frame rates. I'll hold out until they're fixed... if that does indeed happen.

Brink, Goldeneye remake, Lost Planet 2, Superman Returns, and day purchase of Fuel (I had way to much faith in Codemasters...never again) round out my top 5 gaming regrets in recent memory.

Expanding my Vita collection with this markdown, as well as the recent sales price on MLB 13 and Soul Sacrifice.  Thanks for the heads up.

Expanding my Vita collection with this markdown, as well as the recent sales price on MLB 13 and Soul Sacrifice. Thanks for the heads up.
Pardon my ignorance, but where is Soul Sacrifice on sale? I'm definitely looking to score it on the cheap.

Brink, Goldeneye remake, Lost Planet 2, Superman Returns, and day purchase of Fuel (I had way to much faith in Codemasters...never again) round out my top 5 gaming regrets in recent memory.
What's wrong with Lost Planet 2? I paid $60 bucks at launch and got $60 dollars of enjoyment out of my plush toy alone! xD

Will there ever be not a tale of woe, for games remade from long ago?

Every single remake/collection i've seen, on sale, and had the desire to purchase seems to have a long trail of buyers remorse behind it's launch. Off the top of my head being Silent hill and J/D. It's not like these games were without issues when playing. Any one remember using a Musou Charge in Samurai Warriors in co-op on the PS2? or how about one of my pasttimes in jack and daster was to punch, uppercutt, and dive bomb onto the Crimson Police's bikes for the pure purpose in achiving a rippling blow in the sky like a nuke, and watch the game shutter as it throws me into a tree that i was stuck and clipped in while the gaurd was on full alert. though funny seeing as they couldn't even pot shot me.

tl;dr

How much of this is true unbearable gameplay, and how much is it of resurrecting a previous gen game franshise and it not living up to the expectations of the next gen?

Heh I bought one anyway but I might regret it lol

bread's done
Back