Jak & Daxter Collection: $15.00 + eligible for FSSS

Yeah having to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases here in PA sucks... I might order this.

My backlog is so huge though that I'd probably never get around to playing it.

[quote name='mweav067']Yeah having to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases here in PA sucks... I might order this.

My backlog is so huge though that I'd probably never get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]

What??? Someone complaining about amazon and taxes? Suddenly amazon is not so amazing once they charge taxes.

[quote name='oasisboy']What??? Someone complaining about amazon and taxes? Suddenly amazon is not so amazing once they charge taxes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is still fantastic, just the paying of the sales tax sucks.

Not a big deal on smaller stuff like this, but for bigger purchases it can really drive the price up.

I've been paying NY sales taxes for a couple of years now - 8.75% - and it actually has cut down a bit on my spending for some whim purchases. Or I just go Newegg.

Thank god I live in Oregon and not in California anymore. Luckily even when I was living in CA AZ didn't charge tax.

[quote name='oasisboy']What??? Someone complaining about amazon and taxes? Suddenly amazon is not so amazing once they charge taxes.[/QUOTE]
What is up with you and Amazon? Every chance you get, you'd bad mouth them.

[quote name='kouleefoh']What is up with you and Amazon? Every chance you get, you'd bad mouth them.[/QUOTE]
It's the problem of opinions and assholes. Every asshole has one! ;)

[quote name='rjejr']I've been paying NY sales taxes for a couple of years now - 8.75% - and it actually has cut down a bit on my spending for some whim purchases. Or I just go Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I actually didn't renew my Prime membership b/c of how much less I've been using the site.

B&M retailers matching the big online guys + Target's awesome Red Card (5% off + free shipping on everything) have both really cut into how much shopping I do w/ Amazon.

How do these games stack up against the Ratchet and Clank games? I wanted to get the R&C Collection, but have also been curious about the Jak series.

[quote name='kouleefoh']What is up with you and Amazon? Every chance you get, you'd bad mouth them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, amazon should charge taxes in every state. They don't create jobs as compared to retail stores and they are killing retailers because of not charging taxes which is clear here at CAG by some of the comments posted. Once amazon starts charging taxes everywhere you will see all this love quickly go away.

On top of that here at CAG there is too much amazon ass kissing when online stores as Newegg deserve as much attention. I hate it when best buy, GameStop or some retail store has a sale and we always see the "lets price match at amazon post". Support your local store and the economy.

[quote name='TheFirstAvenger']How do these games stack up against the Ratchet and Clank games? I wanted to get the R&C Collection, but have also been curious about the Jak series.[/QUOTE]
They are both great games. Hard to say which one is better. Although I wasn't a big fan of Jak II, but Jak 3 was definitly worth it. While all three R&C titles in the collection are great. I would get both if you can.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Haha just wondering if Amazon has wronged him thats why he gets annoyed with anyone who mentions Amazon[/QUOTE]

Actually they have with trade ins where they fucked left 4 dead and claimed it was defective when it was actually in mint condition. The idiots even put 2 stickers on the readable part of the game saying it was defective. The game was returned to me and didn't play afterwards. Called amazon to complain and they gave me the finger so I got it in the ass.

[quote name='TheFirstAvenger']How do these games stack up against the Ratchet and Clank games? I wanted to get the R&C Collection, but have also been curious about the Jak series.[/QUOTE]

Jak & Daxter - awesome 3D platformer, no guns/weapons, easy platinum trophy

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

Jak 3 - better than 2, but too much vehicle and not enough platforming IMO

R&C is better IMO, but the Jak games are still very good. I liked the Sly games the best FWIW.

[quote name='waldo21212']Jak & Daxter - awesome 3D platformer, no guns/weapons, easy platinum trophy

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

Jak 3 - better than 2, but too much vehicle and not enough platforming IMO[/QUOTE]

All of this is accurate, actually.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']They are both great games. Hard to say which one is better. Although I wasn't a big fan of Jak II, but Jak 3 was definitly worth it. While all three R&C titles in the collection are great. I would get both if you can.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='waldo21212']Jak & Daxter - awesome 3D platformer, no guns/weapons, easy platinum trophy

Jak 2 - one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, wouldn't be quite as bad if there $were actually check points in the game, completely changed (for the worse) what was good about Jak & Daxter, added guns, took out most of the platforming, added in vehicles and some racing

Jak 3 - better than 2, but too much vehicle and not enough platforming IMO

R&C is better IMO, but the Jak games are still very good. $I liked the Sly games the best FWIW.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the responses! Looking around online I'm reading mixed reactions to the Jak games whereas nothing but praise for the R&C Collection so I might just go with R&C.

Jak is a mixed bag but still very worthwhile at $15. R&C is better. Sly is even better. You can't go wrong with any of these collections.

Played the Sly Collection last year and loved loved Sly 1. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy 2 and 3 as I found them repetitive and boring. Really excited to get the R&C Collection as I've seen them compared to ACIT and TOD, some of my favorite PS3 games.

bread's done
Back