Jak X: Combat Racing $29.99 w/free shipping at amazon.com

I am thinking this is an error similar to SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS and orders will be cancelled, but you can always give it a try and see what happens.

I was a beta tester for this game and found it to be pretty lacking, to be honest. I'd suggest dropping the $30 elsewhere.

[quote name='BigHow']I was a beta tester for this game and found it to be pretty lacking, to be honest. I'd suggest dropping the $30 elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I figured it was the way of Crash. Three platformers, then a racing game, then sold to Universal.

-_-

It's a shame becuase I love Jak too.

Actually Crash was alwasy owned by Universal. When they created Crash they were working for Universal and were later brought by Sony. Sony just had an agreement to make Crash a PS exclusive.

[quote name='62t']Actually Crash was alwasy owned by Universal. When they created Crash they were working for Universal and were later brought by Sony. Sony just had an agreement to make Crash a PS exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Same deal with Spyro and Insomniac?

But those first four were developed by Naughty Dog and then a new team later on was the point I was shooting for.

[quote name='62t']Actually Crash was alwasy owned by Universal. When they created Crash they were working for Universal and were later brought by Sony. Sony just had an agreement to make Crash a PS exclusive.[/QUOTE]

So Naughty Dog was just the developer of Crash then?

$29.99 for Jax sounds like an error... usually Sony games debut at $39.99.

When Naughty Dogs developed Crash they were working under Universal. So Universal always own the rights to Crash. Sony had an agreement which makes Sony the publisher and the Crash games PS exclusive. Later Sony brought Naughty Dogs but Universal still have the rights to Crash. After the fourth Crash game Naughty Dogs decide they dont want to work on the Crash games and Universal let Eruocom make Crash Bash.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Alright, how many people were actually going to buy Jak X Racing at launch? :D[/QUOTE]

Not me... but people like to jump on deals just for the sake of it.
I didn't want Road to Colleseum but when I saw it at $9.99 at GS, I wanted it... or with Xenosaga II at BB... I don't need it right now (haven't even played the first one). But I couldn't pass when I saw it at $15.

I'll probably get Jax X from my buddy at Sony... he can get games as gifts for $10.

Looking at the IGN vidoes Cheapy linked to I'd have to say the environments do look pretty good. But what the hell is up with the soundtrack?

[quote name='spidey']I beta tested the game as well and found it to rather fun, I wouldn't spend more than $20 on it though.[/QUOTE]

I think my main problem was that I was also playing Burnout 3 while I was play testing Jak Racing, so the racing didn't feel fast enough and the controls felt really loose. My buddy described it as a poor man's Diddy Kong Racing. Without planes.

[quote name='BigHow']I was a beta tester for this game and found it to be pretty lacking, to be honest. I'd suggest dropping the $30 elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Quoted for truth.

I'd definitely get this game. I beta tested the game, and it was easily the best racer this generation. I had a lot of fun in the beta chatting with others, using my headset. The game is definitely worth it.

I can't see how anyone could find the beta lacking, although it didn't contain much. The game was just so much fun. It kills every Xbox racer.

bread's done
Back