jak x racing or gran turismo 4

Played the demo of Jak X racing and didn't like it, but honestly, it's quite difficult to compare the two, there kinda on opposite ends of racing genre.

Its basically comes down to this:

If you like more realistic driving games and tons of unlockable cars and tracks then GT4 is for you

If you like shooting other racers, going at pretty fast speeds and playing a racing game with a storyline then get Jak X.

If you want a game that you'll play for hours on end, get Gran Turismo 4.
If you want a game that will give you leperosy, get Jak X Combat Racing.

[quote name='whoknows']Its basically comes down to this:

If you like more realistic driving games and tons of unlockable cars and tracks then GT4 is for you

If you like shooting other racers, going at pretty fast speeds and playing a racing game with a storyline then get Jak X.[/QUOTE]

yea that is a good point. Plus when it comes down to a "Hours played:Money Spent" ratio, GT4 is the better pickup.

EDIT: oh yea, and another thing is getting your license. that can be pretty difficult if its your first time playing a GT game

I've not played Jak X yet, so I can't comment on it.

However, after playing GT4 for a few hours, I can certainly say that it's essentially GT3 with a bunch more cars. That being said, as realistic as people try to play it of as being, it certainly is a far cry from realism in many respects, and can get quite boring and tedious when you start running into the less fun unrealisms (such as the joke that the game passes off as "rally" or the 5 second penalties the game gives you for hitting invisible barriers or when the computer oponent hits you).

I could go on, but I'll wait until I can collect my thoughts a little better to write it out.

My conclusion? Buy GT3 and experience, essentially, the same game, and buy Jak X for something on the other side of the spectrum (or get Burnout 3, which kicks copious amounts of ass).

bread's done
Back