James Bond 007 LE Gift Set at Sam's Club

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
175 (100%)
Hi guys,

Was at Sam's Club with the gf today and they had 1 Bond gift set. Contained Volumes 1 and 2 and a car. Was 124. She bought it for me for Christmas. Here's a pic, ignore my other items from today... Does give you an idea of the size though.

HPIM0932.jpg

Does anyone know when volumes 3 and 4 hit? I'm assuming while I'm away....

^It looks like Godzilla 84 and Godzilla vs Biollante. I remember reading about some high quality legal versions coming out of Hong Kong or some place in Asia a month or two ago ago for very cheap.
I know I'm thinking about buying them and making region free backups since those two films have never been released in the States on DVD and I doubt they ever will be.

[quote name='Kaijufan']^It looks like Godzilla 84 and Godzilla vs Biollante. I remember reading about some high quality legal versions coming out of Hong Kong or some place in Asia a month or two ago ago for very cheap.
I know I'm thinking about buying them and making region free backups since those two films have never been released in the States on DVD and I doubt they ever will be.[/QUOTE]

Well the classic Godzilla films have been seeing releases recently with the Godzilla Raids Again/Mothra vs Godzilla both hitting retail stores in January but avalible at Godzillaondvd.com right now. I was just curious if any other company is following the lead.

I got them from Yesasia. and the other guy is right about which they are. The only 2 to never be released in the states. Oh and if anyone is wonderign what the cd with the Teddybear is, it's the new Utada Hikaru cd/dvd from her kids book she wrote.

I would kill for an unedited R1 US release of Godzilla 1984. Anywho, the Christmas stuff pictured is most excellent. What's in the Clerks 2 gift set?

[quote name='furyk']I would kill for an unedited R1 US release of Godzilla 1984. Anywho, the Christmas stuff pictured is most excellent. What's in the Clerks 2 gift set?[/QUOTE]

2 disc dvd, the employee hat, name tag, cup w/ lid and normal fast food straw. All in a happy meal-esq box. Wasn't too pricey and I really enjoyed the movie.

Well, I can't find that box set with the car online. Guess I'm SOL, which is just as well. Have lots of goodies to pay for as is. ;)

[quote name='merkman']That Bond gift set is pretty cool!!! Any idea if it's exclusive to Sam's Club? I don't have a membership. :([/QUOTE]

I've never seen it anywhere else and there is one on EBay but with a different car. I believe there are four cars total in the lineup (had to open mine cause a wheel was off but it all fit back together). A slip was inside listing the different cars so maybe the one I have and the one on Ebay are the cars available for the first gift set and the other two will be available in a second gift set. Need to keep my eyes open for it.

Edit: here's the ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/James-Bond-Volu...goryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw the set with the silver Aston Martin at my Sam's when I was there on BF. Definitely a sharp looking set, although a bit pricey for me. Probably would've jumped on it if I hadn't already picked up 1 & 2 from the DDD sale. What are the other two cars featured in the next gift sets? Volumes 3 & 4 are supposed to be released on December 12. The Clerks II set look pretty cool, even though I haven't seen it yet.

[quote name='Tyga24']I saw the set with the silver Aston Martin at my Sam's when I was there on BF. Definitely a sharp looking set, although a bit pricey for me. Probably would've jumped on it if I hadn't already picked up 1 & 2 from the DDD sale. What are the other two cars featured in the next gift sets? Volumes 3 & 4 are supposed to be released on December 12. The Clerks II set look pretty cool, even though I haven't seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

Is it the same Aston Martin from the Ebay thing?

Other cars listed are...

Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Diamonds are Forever
Aston Martin Vanquish V12 - Die ANother Day
1965 Ashton Marin DB5 - Goldfinger

The one in mine is the Jaguar XKR Roadster from Die Another Day.

It's the Aston Martin from Die Another Day, the same one in the Ebay listing you linked. Interesting that they chose the two cars from Die Another Day. Has anybody found out if these are Sam's exclusives?

bread's done
Back