3 - WII - Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board (Nintendo) - 555.7K
4 - 360 - Modern Warfare 2 (Acti-Blizzard) - 326.7K
5 - WII - Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel (Nintendo) - 310.9K
6 - WII - Wii Sports Resort w/ Motion Plus (Nintendo) - 297.6K
7 - PS3 - Modern Warfare 2 (Acti-Blizzard) - 259.0K
8 - 360 - Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA) - 246.5K
9 - WII - Just Dance (Ubisoft) - 191.9K
10- 360 - Darksiders (THQ) - 171.2k

11- PS3 - Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA)
12- WII - Wii Play (Nintendo)
13- PS3 - MAG (Sony)
14- PS3 - Darksiders (THQ)
15- WII - EA Sports Active (EA)
16- NDS - Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
17- 360 - Bayonetta (Sega)
18- NDS - New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
19- NDS - Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (Nintendo)
20- PS3 - God of War I & II Collection (Sony)

LTD:

WII - 27.7m
360 - 19.0m
PS3 - 11.4m
NDS - 39.3m
PSP - 16.9m
PS2 - 45.5m

Estimated LTD:

WII - Mario Kart Wii - 8.41m
360 - Modern Warfare 2 - 6.16m
WII - New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 4.89m
WII - Wii Sports Resort - 4.84m
WII - Wii Fit Plus - 4.09m
PS3 - Modern Warfare 2 - 3.25m
PC - Modern Warfare 2 - 290k

Year over Year:
Code:
                 January 2010    January 2009    Difference
PlayStation 2  	 41.6K  	 101.2K   	 [COLOR="Red"]-58.9%[/COLOR] 	   	 
PlayStation 3 	 276.9K 	 203.2K  	  [COLOR="Lime"]36.3%[/COLOR]	  	 
PSP 	         100.1K          172.3K          [COLOR="red"]-41.9%[/COLOR]	  	  	  	 
Xbox 360 	 332.8K          309.0K           [COLOR="lime"]7.70%[/COLOR]	  	  	 
Wii 	         465.8K          679.2K	         [COLOR="red"]-31.4%[/COLOR]  	  	  	 
Nintendo DS      422.2K          510.8K          [COLOR="red"]-17.3%[/COLOR]

US Benchmarks:

PS2 - 22,080,000 (39 months) (December 2003)
PS2 - 26,892,000 (51 months) (December 2004)

Xbox - 12,054,000 (39 months) (January 2005)
Xbox - 14,154,000 (51 months) (January 2006)

GCN - 9,150,000 (39 months) (January 2005)
GCN - 10,790,000 (51 months) (January 2006)

PS3 - 11,402,100 (39 months) (January 2010)
Wii - 27,600,600 (39 months) (January 2010)
360 - 14,006,000 (39 months) (January 2009)
360 - 19,061,900 (51 months) (January 2010)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some random numbers I've heard

MAG - ~150k
Darksiders PS3 - ~130k
Bayonetta 360 - ~100k
Bayonetta PS3 - ~60k
TvC - ~50k
NMH2 - ~25k
Dark Void (Combined) - ~22k

Those TvC/NMH2 are about what I expected considering the lack of marketing for both and the week of sales. Dark Void...holy crap. That's 2 bombs in a row for Capcom games from Western devs. Dead Rising 2 trying for a trifecta?

As for the numbers we're given, the PSP needs to either die and make way for a PSP2 or get a price cut. Probably die because piracy is just killing software sales for that thing. PS2's time has come it seems, nothing terrible about that as it had a damn good run. It seems like Wii/PS3 had shortages this month, moreso for Wii than PS3.

Oh, and the DS lite might be getting a price cut/clearance soon to make way for the DSiXL

I wonder how much Best Buy selling Bayonetta in late December had to do with its showing. The ads couldn't have helped either - not giving even the slightest hint of its gameplay and only being shown in piss poor quality.

Capcom pushed Bionic Commando quite a bit and did almost nothing for Dark Void after the delay, so I'm not surprised that it bombed hard. The news of Nolan North voicing the lead character wasn't even revealed until the demo came out, which told me that they weren't even trying to market the game.

Sony needs to drop the price on the PSP first. With how well it's doing in Japan, there's no reason for them to put out a PSP2 yet and they haven't dropped the PSP's price over here in a long, long time. And they need to force the MSRPs of games to drop to $30 as the max.
[quote name='mtxbass1']Just Dance cracks the top 10 again? My God...[/QUOTE]
Giant Bomb's done wonders for that game's sales.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Capcom pushed Bionic Commando quite a bit and did almost nothing for Dark Void after the delay, so I'm not surprised that it bombed hard. The news of Nolan North voicing the lead character wasn't even revealed until the demo came out, which told me that they weren't even trying to market the game.

Sony needs to drop the price on the PSP first. With how well it's doing in Japan, there's no reason for them to put out a PSP2 yet and they haven't dropped the PSP's price over here in a long, long time. And they need to force the MSRPs of games to drop to $30 as the max.

Giant Bomb's done wonders for that game's sales.[/QUOTE]

They had that Tesla Roadster and Las Vegas contest. I saw many ads for it too on tv, online, and magazines, and got emails about it. I don't think avg gamer would care about Nolan North. Dark Void came at the wrong time, was generic looking, and a poor game.

I heard the Just Dance game has Carleton's dance from The Fresh Prince

My friend told me after buying the game...guess people buy um

Or it could be that people find that game fun just like some of you people like the latest manchild-wet dream from Microsoft and other people don't? It's called taste, and everyone has a different one.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Or it could be that people find that game fun just like some of you people like the latest manchild-wet dream from Microsoft and other people don't? It's called taste, and everyone has a different one.[/QUOTE]

what would life be without making fun of people who have different tastes than you?

[quote name='ninja dog']what would life be without making fun of people who have different tastes than you?[/QUOTE]
I tried that once.

It was damp, and smelled vaguely of oatmeal and sawdust.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Or it could be that people find that game fun just like some of you people like the latest manchild-wet dream from Microsoft and other people don't? It's called taste, and everyone has a different one.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

No, the game is terrible.

[quote name='ninja dog']what would life be without making fun of people who have different tastes than you?[/QUOTE]

Life would be great, but net forums would completely die!

Though given the gazillion hours I've wasted on forums from the mid 90s on that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing! :D

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']:rofl:

No, the game is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The game blows. That's great that other people like it. People liked Soul Plane, too. Doesn't mean we can't bash it for the piece of shit that it is and bash the people who like it for being brain dead and tasteless.

Fight the good fight, god knows poor ol nintendo needs your support.

I have Just Dance. Its hardly a game since the controls are essentially worthless. That said, it is a huge hit at partys, and since i got 4 wiimotes for NSMB wii, we played 4 players and everyone was insanely entertained.

That doesn't make it a good game, or even a game. People get as entertained watching chickens kill each other, playing monopoly or watching a movie. Its more entertainment then it is game. Hardly interactive.

That said, i know they are bringing Just Dance to PS3/360 using Sony Arc/NATAL. I will likely get the NATAL version since it will be able to actually, you know, know what the hell you are doing when you move your body around.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo ever cares (or should even bother caring) that the third party sales on Wii are mostly poor.[/QUOTE]

What can they do about it? Their only options are to release fewer 1st party games (while people are already claiming they don't release enough of their good franchises) or advertise/market the games for the 3rd party companies.

bread's done
Back