Japan-Exclusive DLC for Xbox?

vamn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just created a Japanese Xbox Live account - to get the free DLC for Lost Odyssey that isn't available in the US.

Now that I have it, I kinda want to milk this thing for all it's worth.

So anyone know of any other good Japan-exclusive stuff? Like free DLC that'll work in US games? Free XBLA games? Rock Band tracks? Anything?

[quote name='62t']That DLC was available in the US as a preorder bonus[/QUOTE]

True. But Japanese account is pretty much the only way anyone who didn't preorder could get it now. So it still counts as JP-exclusive... sort of. :lol:

[quote name='helluvagood']theres a link for this stuff somewhere..[/QUOTE]

There's the free Xbox Live content thread in the freebies forum. But that one seems to be US-only. (I'm guessing cuz it didn't have the Lost Odyssey thing.)

[quote name='kylerg']Could you DL the JAP DLC and then sign in with a US account and use it? The GF love that game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. The item you get is meh. But the thing I wanted to see was the extra dream. Supposedly, it fleshes out the character a little more. (I haven't checked it out yet, since I just grabbed the DLC today.)

I've had a jap account for awile now and aside from the LO DLC there's not much else reason to have one except to get (rarely) some demos early/at all (example, Bayonetta was up like a month before US demo, Naruto 2 was up 2 weeks before US).

From what I've read all of the games on demand are still region locked, so even if you buy them with a japanese points card they will still not play on your machine.

[quote name='BigPopov']From what I've read all of the games on demand are still region locked, so even if you buy them with a japanese points card they will still not play on your machine.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if that was the case. I was thinking of downloading The Idolm@ster, glad I read this before I bought the Japanese points.

bread's done
Back