Japan gets Super Mario Bros?

Arsonide

CAG Veteran
Why don't we? I never played Mario Bros, I played Super Mario Bros...and thus that's the one I wanted on VC...

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Who knows, but I'm sure the Nintendo zealots will explain that its part of a "master plan".[/QUOTE]

yes, the master business plan. trickle the games out one at a time, release patches in between to fix old ones that no one cares about anymore, and make a shitload of announcements of all the amazing games coming out, but never release them.

oh wait, I'm on the nintendo board? I thought this was the 360 forum.

[quote name='Apossum']yes, the master business plan. trickle the games out one at a time, release patches in between to fix old ones that no one cares about anymore, and make a shitload of announcements of all the amazing games coming out, but never release them.

oh wait, I'm on the nintendo board? I thought this was the 360 forum.[/QUOTE]

BA-ZING!

Anywho, the Master Plan is very impressive. It's also in my pants.

You know the Wii hasn't even come out in Japan yet. So I would say when it hits there it can hit us to.

the title says Super Mario bros but you're talking about Mario Bros right?

from what I've heard, it's the worst version of Mario Bros., not as good as the versions of Mario Bros in the gameboy advance games

[quote name='dastly75']the title says Super Mario bros but you're talking about Mario Bros right?

from what I've heard, it's the worst version of Mario Bros., not as good as the versions of Mario Bros in the gameboy advance games[/QUOTE]

I think the op is talking about "Super Mario World". Japan is getting that game on VC in December.

[quote name='dastly75']the title says Super Mario bros but you're talking about Mario Bros right?

from what I've heard, it's the worst version of Mario Bros., not as good as the versions of Mario Bros in the gameboy advance games[/QUOTE]
You're right that it is a crappy version because it's the original NES version, and neither the arcade version nor the updated GBA version. Now, Super Mario Bros. on the other hand...who knows which version we will get? The original NES version, the SNES All-Stars version, or the GB Color DX version which I think had even more changes! Yeesh.

I really don't know why Super Mario Bros. I also don't know why the Wii won't save my top score in Donkey Kong if I reset it.

I love the VC concept and it has great potential, but they've got a long way to go to really make it fantastic. Not huge things, little fixes here and there, but there's a list of them that is getting longer and longer.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']They're doing it so they can keep a steady supply of games ready for us.[/quote]

What? The 900 or so NES games that got released needs to be metered?

ooookay... I'm sure licensing will come into play, but Nintendo released over 100 games on the original NES. Countless dozens on the SNES and N64, and we only get 16 so far? And of those, a little more than half are nintendo's own games?

Steady supply is more of a drip if you ask me.

[quote name='elwood731']You're right that it is a crappy version because it's the original NES version, and neither the arcade version nor the updated GBA version. Now, Super Mario Bros. on the other hand...who knows which version we will get? The original NES version, the SNES All-Stars version, or the GB Color DX version which I think had even more changes! Yeesh.[/quote]

My money's on the original version.

The GBA version possibly as well.

The GBC version had a retooled resolution to compensate for the square screen. The GBA did as well, but less so. All-Stars? That suckers going into a closet and will never be seen again. Much as we may want it, Nintendo is losing $20 in VC sales to sell you 4 games one time for $8.

I think it's a cruel joke that everytime I buy a game on the VC, Mario runs by.
I want to cry out, "Mario waittaminit! Buddy! Why don't you come back and stick around for awhile..." I even stuck my R.O.B. next to the Wii to coax Mario into staying a bit longer...

[quote name='ajservo1']Much as we may want it, Nintendo is losing $20 in VC sales to sell you 4 games one time for $8.[/QUOTE]

You mean losing $12 in VC sales (by buying all 4 for $8 instead of $20). I agree that they probably will release the originals making it over double price for far worse graphics. I just can't stand playing the originals after playing All-Stars.

[quote name='ajservo1']
The GBC version had a retooled resolution to compensate for the square screen. The GBA did as well, but less so. All-Stars? That suckers going into a closet and will never be seen again. Much as we may want it, Nintendo is losing $20 in VC sales to sell you 4 games one time for $8.
.[/QUOTE]
My thought was more that they would sell each All-Stars version separately rather than the original NES versions of the games. In which case, they could actually probably charge SNES price for each game instead of the NES price.

[quote name='furyk']BA-ZING!

Anywho, the Master Plan is very impressive. It's also in my pants.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, your pants trickle things out all the time and need patches to fix things no one cares about.

bread's done
Back