Japan-only VC titles on PAL systems - Sin and Punishment confirmed for PAL

This is awesome, I've been dying to play the NES Lost Levels; the All-Stars sprites for SMB1 and SMBLL are really weird. The simplicity in design of the original sprites looks really awkward when made 16bit.

[quote name='machoman_93']Yeah, that is awesome news. I hope that they're translated.[/quote]

Same here. Some games would be really easy to go on without translations (it seems like some of the games they list would be fairly easy to play un translated), but if there's any hope for the more complicated games like the Mother series, they need to do translations.

As much hope as this gives me, I don't get why they would translate something like Mother now, and then just put it on the VC. It seems like they could make more money translating it and then releasing it on GBA/DS.

[quote name='drfunk85']Same here. Some games would be really easy to go on without translations (it seems like some of the games they list would be fairly easy to play un translated), but if there's any hope for the more complicated games like the Mother series, they need to do translations[/quote]

Apparently Mario's Super Picross has a ton of Japanese in it. It was not translated at all. I don't think that SMB2j really had any Japanese in it either. Not sure about Sin and Punishment, but apparently it has English voice acting (with Japanese subs) so it might be able to be released without a translation as well.

As much hope as this gives me, I don't get why they would translate something like Mother now, and then just put it on the VC. It seems like they could make more money translating it and then releasing it on GBA/DS.

Nintendo already has a fully translated vesion of Mother (Earthbound 0) that was never released for the NES. All they would need to do is dig up the ROM, post it on the VC, and rake in the cash. It would be more econmical for them to release it this way since there is no advertising or media cost to release it.

I still highly doubt that it will happen, but it would seem that Mother would be a great way for Nintendo to make a lot of people happy for very little cost and effort.

[quote name='lebowsky']Apparently Mario's Super Picross has a ton of Japanese in it. It was not translated at all.[/QUOTE]
Very minimal Japanese, actually. I picked up the Super Famicom version about a month back - it's a blast.

bread's done
Back