Japanese/American compatibility?

Ultimatallica0

CAGiversary!
If I were to order Japanese S-Video cables would they work right with my American Wii? I imagine so, I'm just trying to make sure I don't waste $30.....

S-video/RCA cables should work fine.

I'm personally waiting for them to release the D-Terminal cables over here (this Saturday, woop!).
D-Terminal is basically Japan's equivalent of Component cables, but its just a single connector that looks a little like a PC Monitor's cable.

Zelda looks like mud using the RCA cables on my widescreen TV :(

Just another bump.... I get concerned about this everytime I get on Play-Asia and see it listed as Japanese compatible only....

Gets released in a few days, I guess I'll have my confirmation in a week or two, but any other insights? Maybe someone that has it already and knows it doesn't work?

Well I ordered one along with a Japanese Wii (which I hope to also use with my American one.) Once I get it I can let you know if it works, but I really think there will be no problem. I've never had a problem importing any Japanese controllers or anything else and using them with an American system before, I assume it will be no different. ^_^

Oh, and BTW (just need to throw this out there), I don't care how smooth and awesome the launch went, I don't care if they had enough for everyone in the world, Nintendo royally fucked everything up when they didn't put out these and the component cables. Seriously, what a retarded move. If they were going to not bother they should've at least made it compatible with the GC cables.

ARGGGGGGGH. :bomb:

if it is safe to order the Japanese S-Video cables, can the same be said about the component cables?

I know it's only another 2 weeks until the component cables hit stores, but I fear the kind of "shortage" that is happening with the controllers/accessories.

The Japanese component cables have a restock date on Play-Asia of December 2nd.

Huge Ass Map of Video Standards:
NTSC-PAL-SECAM.png

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']Nintendo royally fucked everything up when they didn't put out these and the component cables. Seriously, what a retarded move. If they were going to not bother they should've at least made it compatible with the GC cables.

ARGGGGGGGH. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I just think they should have given us a mixed cable like the universal cables that had both composite and s-video and then just sold the component cables. I'm more pissed off about the lack of digital audio out ... particulary optical. The sound is just plain sucks without them.

bread's done
Back