Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually reliable Best Buy actually let me down this time. 7th Dragon came in bubble mailer. It was mostly fine, but one corner got smushed.
Two of my games came smashed around the corners a few months ago. My local Best Buy gave me no issues on an in store exchange, if that's a possibility for you.

My copies of Zero Time Dilemma arrived yesterday. They're sitting on my shelf right now. No watches yet, but the 3DS and PS Vita copies have arrived.

My copies of Zero Time Dilemma arrived yesterday. They're sitting on my shelf right now. No watches yet, but the 3DS and PS Vita copies have arrived.
computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

I'm picturing a guy in the warehouse walking to the opposite end of the building to grab your copy of ZTD.  He walks all the way back with it in hand, only to find that you've changed your shipping to Standard.  His shoulders slump as he walks the copy back over to the shelf it was on before.  As he plods back over to his computer once more, he sees that it now says Prime shipping again.

bc739fddc5d21ebf86a4cd47bd710410.jpg

But......um, the fan service is what made me enjoy the previous games so much.....

Guess I won't be following this game so much anymore :/
Yep, I'm probably out on that one.

Went ahead and placed a pre-order for the Pokemon steelbooks for now. I don't have prime, so it's pretty expensive as it stands now. I might sign up a few days before it releases or something.

Yep, I'm probably out on that one.

Went ahead and placed a pre-order for the Pokemon steelbooks for now. I don't have prime, so it's pretty expensive as it stands now. I might sign up a few days before it releases or something.
do preorders discounts with prime still stay when your prime lapses? As you could save the free trial for a little bit and order it when you think they are gonna cut off order.

I'm gonna have to pass on this. you can bet you can get the steel books for like 5-10$ separate.

do preorders discounts with prime still stay when your prime lapses? As you could save the free trial for a little bit and order it when you think they are gonna cut off order.

I'm gonna have to pass on this. you can bet you can get the steel books for like 5-10$ separate.
You can't start a prime trial if you've previously had a prime account, right? I guess you can just make a new account. I wouldn't want them to notice I was kicking up new accounts/trials and shipping to the same address and blacklist me though.

You can't start a prime trial if you've previously had a prime account, right? I guess you can just make a new account. I wouldn't want them to notice I was kicking up new accounts/trials and shipping to the same address and blacklist me though.
yes you can as I've done it multiple times over the years. I just did it the other day for prime day :D

i searched but didn't find the answer or overlooked it,I ordered 2 copies of Zero Time Dilemma, one with the watch and game last year and then when it was pushed back i grabbed another one in case. I got the game that was supposed to have the watch today but nothing is with it. so i got 2 plain Vita games. What the hell? Was everyone else the same or did they mess up my order? I was keeping track of all this but have been really busy lately. Anyways any advice would be great! Oh they don't have any watches now?, just found that out, this is Amazon by the way.

Just to remind, Ruby/Sapphire got a paperboard sleeve, and that paperboard sleeve is worth $100-$200 itself:

https://www.amazon.ca/Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire/dp/B00OQLWM8M

Dunno about how they kick out free Prime trials, but you can supposedly get 1 month of Prime for $11. If you're gonna get a game for $60 or more the discount will cover the cost.

Kinda regret placing my order for the game on the NISA store now.....but I ordered it along with the Psycho-Pass LE and that isn't on Bestbuy, so I guess I'll keep my order from them then.
I wouldn't worry to much, as your NISA order has about a 1-5% chance of arriving damaged, where a BB order would be 50% at best.

I wouldn't worry to much, as your NISA order has about a 1-5% chance of arriving damaged, where a BB order would be 50% at best.
I agree with you, good sir. NISA has always done a great job when it can to protecting my purchases. I can say they're the best, where Atlus ranks quite low.

Thoughts about dynasty warriors gundam 2 and mobile suit gundam: gundam vs zeta gundam? Stumbled across them locally and wondering if they are worth buying for 15-20 a piece

Got my copies of ZTD for 3DS and Vita today. The plastic on the casing looked similiar to what some others had posted earlier. Also had some of that dry glue on it that I suspect would have been used to stick it to the watch package.

Persona 3 Dancing confirmed guys.

pls happen
I'd love P3 DAN, but unless it's a PS4 version, I'd rather just get it as DLC for P4 DAN so I don't have to buy another game. That's supposed to be the good part of DLC.

In this day and age I doubt it won't have DLC.

Got my copies of ZTD for 3DS and Vita today. The plastic on the casing looked similiar to what some others had posted earlier. Also had some of that dry glue on it that I suspect would have been used to stick it to the watch package.
UGH, when will my order finally ship?! :bomb:

I'm actually excited for Criminal Girls 2, as I generally quite liked 1. This looks like an improvement overall, though the release date is garbage for me since FFXV is after that and I believe DQ7 is before or just after that. Too many epic RPGs....wont get to Criminal Girls 2 till November or something. Also why I'm skipping that MeiQ game or whatever, but I doubt that one is as good.

That moment when you still hope that Persona 3 Plantinum Vita is still a thing
I'd love P3 DAN, but unless it's a PS4 version, I'd rather just get it as DLC for P4 DAN so I don't have to buy another game. That's supposed to be the good part of DLC.

In this day and age I doubt it won't have DLC.
I rather get it as a full Vita game than a PS4 version/as DLC.

I rather get it as a full Vita game than a PS4 version/as DLC.
Why (re: DLC)? I'm honestly surprised there already hasn't been P3 song DLC, but if they offered a full P3 story with a dozen or two songs for ~$20, I don't see why you'd want to shell out for a whole new game. Unless you just want a CE of P3 DAN on your shelf? Not that I wouldn't buy it either (though I'd probably wait this time considering what happened with the P4 DAN's CE), but I'd much rather save my money and just get it as DLC.

As for a PS4 version, at least then it would on a different console, so it would justify a new purchase.

Check your email if you backed Muv Luv. The Steam codes from the Kickstarter are being sent out.

Thanks, I got one...but I'm not sure what to do with it since I'm waiting to play the games on Vita.
I'm in the same boat. Is there a marketplace/forum/community where selling/trading Steam keys isn't breaching ToS?
There's always the cesspool. But I don't think people pay much for keys in there: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/

I pledged $150 for the Vita collector's box, so I'm debating whether or not I should sell my Muv-Luv Steam key on Ebay.

Thoughts about dynasty warriors gundam 2 and mobile suit gundam: gundam vs zeta gundam? Stumbled across them locally and wondering if they are worth buying for 15-20 a piece
Not a fan of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. Very repetitive.

Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam was fun though. I'd play it again for $15. Personally, I think Gundam video games peaked with Encounters in Space. It's all been downhill ever since.

Where they supposed to give Steam Keys to ppl who backed the VITA version?
I don't remember, but I thought they did & I didn't receive anything..

bread's done
Back