Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up all 3!
Same, even though I already have a copy of Cyber Sluts, I wanted one with the cover art. Which makes me wonder if they will come sealed, or even complete, knowing Gamestop and their "new." Let me know though what condition yours' come in. Don't forget to use SAVER for free shipping over $25. Although I didn't need it for some reason, probably part of a PUR promo or something.

Bray Wyatt beat John Cena, AJ Styles, etc. in the Elimination Chamber to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion and will now probably face his brother Randy Orton for the title at Wrestlemania.

I had to argue with the GS employee today which was fun. I did in an store hold for a new copy of attack on titan, he brought me a used one with no cover art and asked if it was okay. I said no, I want the new copy, he said they don't have any.

I took my phone out and showed him they showed stock on the app as did every other gamestop in the area, he grudgingly opened the drawer that had at least 5 new copies and gave me one.

I know they have qoutas and what not to meet but damn that's annoying.

I had to argue with the GS employee today which was fun. I did in an store hold for a new copy of attack on titan, he brought me a used one with no cover art and asked if it was okay. I said no, I want the new copy, he said they don't have any.

I took my phone out and showed him they showed stock on the app as did every other gamestop in the area, he grudgingly opened the drawer that had at least 5 new copies and gave me one.

I really want to go to a Gamestop and look for a Miku poster, but shit like this is why I haven't stepped foot in one of their stores in over three years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9qgEQdhQ0

I really can't think of any good experiences I've ever had with Gamestop. I'd feel sympathetic to their mistreated quota-besieged employees, but it's difficult when so many of their workers (that I've encountered) are either snide jerks or outright unhelpful in even the simplest task.

I really want to go to a Gamestop and look for a Miku poster, but shit like this is why I haven't stepped foot in one of their stores in over three years.
Feel the same way. I'm surprised more people don't use their "7-day return policy," play the game within a week, and just continually return their used games over and over and over...

Feel the same way. I'm surprised more people don't use their "7-day return policy," play the game within a week, and just continually return their used games over and over and over...
I did this the entire time I gamed on my PS3. My friend worked at the Gamestop and would let me go in and "rent" stuff all the time. After he left it just turned into a huge hassle because the regular employees run you through the ringer with endless promotions and shit.

How does this help the circle of life?
It doesn't.

e9ocd9G.gif

That's more than annoying, when you order something new for pick up and they say they don't have any (when they clearly do), that's just fraudulent.

Totally glad I left Gamestop a few years ago. Finally had my last friend who still worked there leave just last year. Dodged a bullet with this new version of the circle of life. 

That's more than annoying, when you order something new for pick up and they say they don't have any (when they clearly do), that's just fraudulent.
I got to argue with one GS employee Saturday. We finally had time to take my son in so he could spend his GS gift card, and extra Christmas money. He asked for Mario Star Rush, they pulled out the crappy used copy. I said, no, we want a new one. They started to argue that they had no new copies. I called BS and pointed to the "NEW" copies they showed to have on their shelf. They begrudgingly pulled out the new copy, then pointed out the used copy was $4 less...I didn't entertain them with an answer and simply gave a dirty look. Then they asked if I wanted the $3 insurance on the game. I sighed, and said, "look, you've already lied to me, I just want to pay for his damn game the minecraft sword and leave your stupid store."

It was then I realized I'm a grouchy old man. This is why I prefer to buy games online.

I got to argue with one GS employee Saturday. We finally had time to take my son in so he could spend his GS gift card, and extra Christmas money. He asked for Mario Star Rush, they pulled out the crappy used copy. I said, no, we want a new one. They started to argue that they had no new copies. I called BS and pointed to the "NEW" copies they showed to have on their shelf. They begrudgingly pulled out the new copy, then pointed out the used copy was $4 less...I didn't entertain them with an answer and simply gave a dirty look. Then they asked if I wanted the $3 insurance on the game. I sighed, and said, "look, you've already lied to me, I just want to pay for his damn game the minecraft sword and leave your stupid store."

It was then I realized I'm a grouchy old man. This is why I prefer to buy games online.
Holy Shit, I had no idea GS had gotten this bad. Most of the stores in my area, I casually know a handful of the employees, as they move around a lot, trying to get better positions within the company and such. So maybe since I see familiar faces more often than not, they don't try and bend me over, but that sound beyond scandalous to say the least.

They begrudgingly pulled out the new copy, then pointed out the used copy was $4 less...
I bought Ratchet & Clank from Gamestop, back when it was $9.99 new. They didn't have any extra used copies to pawn off and the look of disgust on the employee's face as she handed me one of the dreaded sealed copies was priceless. I flat out refuse to buy new games that aren't sealed. As far as I know, Gamestop's the only retailer that gets away with that...and I honestly don't understand how.

a few weeks ago (before the kotaku article) i asked the clerk "you guys have dishonored 2 le?" she was like "i think we have a used copy." but there was a shelf of sealed copies directly behind her... so i pointed and asked for one.

she turned and looked at me like i insulted her entire bloodline.

I'm surprised more people don't use their "7-day return policy," play the game within a week, and just continually return their used games over and over and over...
i've done that, until i was caught returning uncharted for uncharted 2 and an interrogation began by a jr detective asking a million questions.

Ya, GS is the only place that can get away with selling games that has been opened and calling it new.  Had that happen to me twice but both were obviously never used so I didn't make a fuss and both were below $20.  I did thought with all the bad PR lately they would've been screaming at there stores not to pull this shit lol.

Well, yes, I've haven't posted in a while, but quickie notes to say, yes, speaking of Round 1, yes I went there, but in SoCal, and in the Puente Hills location, I wish I could do a CAG meetup, but you guys mentioned another location further away, so...oh well.

But yes, speaking of the Miku PDX posters, I'll check out the GS's in my area if any of them would have them (I doubt it), cause I really need one so bad, since I've already have PDX on PS4, lol. (Need to get back into it sometime.) And yes, most of the Sega/Atlus posters have that ESRB and Date stuff, even my Aksys posters have some of that too. The KOF XIV one I got even has that, so, for those that don't like that, yes, scissors, lol.

Either way, I know its not too much to ask for one if anyone has a spare PDX poster to give out, lol. And yes, I know the habit of GS's policies, I get it, but at least that really doesn't effect or happen to me in the slightest, since I hardly go there, and only pick up niche stuff there now and then.

Gamestop has a bunch of posters for Anime Week. I urge you to go there ASAP if you want them. They were freebie handouts sitting on the counter at my closest store. I saw the Miku poster and thought of you guys. It's quite nice. Picked up Fallout 4 poster and a Yakuza 0 one as well.

IMG_3044_zpsex4nb1ie.jpg
My bro and I got one of those when that game came out in August. The bro had a test next day and I was like, if you fail the test I'm gonna hang this thing on the wall right above your head where you sleep. He was like, oh fuck no! Turns out he managed to get an A on that test.

I am very slow as well. I am impressed sometimes when I see by how some people just eat through games. I try real hard and so far this year I think I've only finished Da Capo 3. I may have finished another VN or two but that's it.
It must be me; I get in the groove pretty early but often I just get a brain fart and somehow miss some notes. Then on harder games when you go XOX or something like that I end up pressing OXO. Good thing they don't use this game to diagnose dyslexia. sselnU...

The last time I went to GameStop was because a store in my area had a 'new' copy Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I called ahead to confirm if it had all the launch edition stuff and the associate told me it did. When I arrived he told me he had the launch edition stuff but couldn't find the cover art for the game. So it was a vita game case with generic box art + the outer box with the CD. He offered to give me 10-15% off, which I would assume is just converting it to 'used', but I wasn't interested.

Amazon matched Gamestop's $9.99 price for Digimon Cyber Sleuth and SAO: Lost Song:
I'm glad I waited on SAO: Lost Song. I saw it on sale a few days ago for $19.99, but I didn't pounce on it. I'm in for 9.99, though, that's a really good price, and I have a hard time believing that it will ever go much lower. I already have Cyber Sleuth, otherwise I would have gone for it as well.

It's official: I am TERRIBLE at gaming. I can't believe I'm still trying to get through Trails of Cold Steel II after all these months...while my bro is on his way beating the game for the fourth(!) time.

In between that...well...there's just something wrong with me:

IMG_1419.JPG

My only perfect on hard.

IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1780.JPG

So close. Yet so far away.
I am super slow myself, but TBF, subsequent playthroughs of the Cold Steel games go way faster than the first. I'll bet your brother's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th playthroughs combined went faster than his first, especially if he was trying to get the platinum trophy in the first 2 playthroughs.

I am super slow myself, but TBF, subsequent playthroughs of the Cold Steel games go way faster than the first. I'll bet your brother's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th playthroughs combined went faster than his first, especially if he was trying to get the platinum trophy in the first 2 playthroughs.
You're right on that. My second playthroughs for Cold Steel I & 2 flew by in comparison. Of course, I did my best to get most of the trophies in the first run so I could focus on a quicker run, and anything that required a second run. CS1 was the only one that took a 3rd play since I missed speaking to a random person in one of the later chapters to complete the character profile trophy. I can't wait for CSIII to come out.

I picked up two extra Miku posters in order to share with you guys.   The thing is, shipping for a heavy duty poster tube is usually $9-12.  Perhaps there's another way.  Let me know if you want one. 

Well, yes, I've haven't posted in a while, but quickie notes to say, yes, speaking of Round 1, yes I went there, but in SoCal, and in the Puente Hills location, I wish I could do a CAG meetup, but you guys mentioned another location further away, so...oh well.
Cool, you're in my area. That's the one near me, but I also did go to the one in Japan to see if it was any different.

You're right on that. My second playthroughs for Cold Steel I & 2 flew by in comparison. Of course, I did my best to get most of the trophies in the first run so I could focus on a quicker run, and anything that required a second run. CS1 was the only one that took a 3rd play since I missed speaking to a random person in one of the later chapters to complete the character profile trophy. I can't wait for CSIII to come out.
Me too. I love what I've seen of CS3 so far. The visuals are a vast improvement over the first 2 games, and I like that the combat menus took a page out of Persona 5's battle system. I liked seeing Altina in street clothes as a playable character, and that pink-haired girl with the tonfas looks great too.

Me too. I love what I've seen of CS3 so far. The visuals are a vast improvement over the first 2 games, and I like that the combat menus took a page out of Persona 5's battle system. I liked seeing Altina in street clothes as a playable character, and that pink-haired girl with the tonfas looks great too.
I'm utterly wrapped up in the Legend of Heroes series. I played and Platinumed Cold Steel 1&2, back to back. There was no use trying to play a buffer game between them. I finally went back and finished Trails in the Sky FC, and immediately started SC. Hopefully I can complete it before 3rd comes out. My biggest hope is that the games all sell well enough for them to consider porting Zero, and Azure to PC. I know Zero is getting the fan translation, but who knows when it will finally get a release.

Yeah. He's whipping it like crazy. Without giving much away I'm on the "last operation" and clocked at 73 hours. I'm anticipating the rest of the game to easily take another 27+.

I'm utterly wrapped up in the Legend of Heroes series. I played and Platinumed Cold Steel 1&2, back to back. There was no use trying to play a buffer game between them. I finally went back and finished Trails in the Sky FC, and immediately started SC. Hopefully I can complete it before 3rd comes out. My biggest hope is that the games all sell well enough for them to consider porting Zero, and Azure to PC. I know Zero is getting the fan translation, but who knows when it will finally get a release.
Good stuff right?

A while back the Chinese devs that ported Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure over to PC called Joyoland had a Steam greenlight page. It was greenlit in a week but not long after everything disappeared from the Steam page. Trolls.

photo-63080.png

If anything though, at worst case scenario it was just a gauge to see how much demand there was for the series in general with no intention to launch it. But now they know. Let's see what happens next.

I'll see if I can dig up the source but the people who are working on a fan patch for the PSP/PC(!) versions are apparently well on their way to release. Said it'd be sometime after Sora the 3rd released.

I'm still betting on there actually being an official release of the Crossbell arc whether it's Xseed or Aksys (preferably Xseed just because it would be much more continuous). It's just that they can't announce it yet or they're working deals out.

Speaking of dead or alive, I've finished uploading full playthroughs of each girl in dead or alive xtreme 3 fortune onto youtube. If you were interested in the game but didnt get it or have the game but didn't want to grind for a hundred hours... to get all the sexy swimsuits, well then I think this is for you ;) Was it worth it to grind for 100+ hours? I dunno. But I did it and now you can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

These are full 14 day runs for each girl. New swimsuit(sexy ones oly ofc ;)) each day while the other girls will wear random swimsuits(Sexy ones only ofc :)). Covered most if not all the activities(I may have missed a few relax scenes in the earlier videos, as I optimized my process during recording, alternatively this also means the later videos are probably better). And I've edited out almost all of the loading times.

No pole dancing, peeking, or photo paradise in the videos.

Here's the link to the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3778gwbfB79LBTTvQffLukm2Gu4-TUdI

Yeah. He's whipping it like crazy. Without giving much away I'm on the "last operation" and clocked at 73 hours. I'm anticipating the rest of the game to easily take another 27+.

Good stuff right?

A while back the Chinese devs that ported Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure over to PC called Joyoland had a Steam greenlight page. It was greenlit in a week but not long after everything disappeared from the Steam page. Trolls.

photo-63080.png

If anything though, at worst case scenario it was just a gauge to see how much demand there was for the series in general with no intention to launch it. But now they know. Let's see what happens next.

I'll see if I can dig up the source but the people who are working on a fan patch for the PSP/PC(!) versions are apparently well on their way to release. Said it'd be sometime after Sora the 3rd released.

I'm still betting on there actually being an official release of the Crossbell arc whether it's Xseed or Aksys (preferably Xseed just because it would be much more continuous). It's just that they can't announce it yet or they're working deals out.
I check http://www.heroesoflegend.org messageboard once a day for updates, but they haven't posted anything in awhile. I saw where they had greenlit the games and at least half of the posts in the comments were in English, so you might have a solid theory there. It would be nice to have a complete collection of the games and the entire Trails story. I think I'd have to bet on us getting the Crossbell story as well. Trails of Cold Steel I&II sold quite well and we can only assume the same people will be in on buying 3 to finish the trilogy. I know I'll be buying whatever they have to sell us.

Amazon matched Gamestop's $9.99 price for Digimon Cyber Sleuth and SAO: Lost Song:

Digimon Cyber Sleuth: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X8Y18U6/

SAO: Lost Song (PS4): https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song-PlayStation/dp/B00X8XVJJ2/

SAO: Lost Song (Vita): https://www.amazon.com/Sword-Art-Online-Lost-Song-PlayStation/dp/B00X8XWBDK/

I snagged a Vita copy of Lost Song. I bought the Vita version of Cyber Sleuth during a PSN sale for $12, so I'm good on that front.
tfw bought it digitally on the vita a few weeks ago and now it takes up much needed space on my vita. Should've waited.

My bro and I got one of those when that game came out in August. The bro had a test next day and I was like, if you fail the test I'm gonna hang this thing on the wall right above your head where you sleep. He was like, oh fuck no! Turns out he managed to get an A on that test.

It must be me; I get in the groove pretty early but often I just get a brain fart and somehow miss some notes. Then on harder games when you go XOX or something like that I end up pressing OXO. Good thing they don't use this game to diagnose dyslexia. sselnU...
Why you encouraging him to fail his test?

Speaking of dead or alive, I've finished uploading full playthroughs of each girl in dead or alive xtreme 3 fortune onto youtube. If you were interested in the game but didnt get it or have the game but didn't want to grind for a hundred hours... to get all the sexy swimsuits, well then I think this is for you ;) Was it worth it to grind for 100+ hours? I dunno. But I did it and now you can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

These are full 14 day runs for each girl. New swimsuit(sexy ones oly ofc ;)) each day while the other girls will wear random swimsuits(Sexy ones only ofc :)). Covered most if not all the activities(I may have missed a few relax scenes in the earlier videos, as I optimized my process during recording, alternatively this also means the later videos are probably better). And I've edited out almost all of the loading times.

No pole dancing, peeking, or photo paradise in the videos.

Here's the link to the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3778gwbfB79LBTTvQffLukm2Gu4-TUdI
Thanks for the Valentine's Day gift!

(I don't know if you picked those video thumbnails on purpose, but very well done! They look like they could be uploaded on to a porn site.)

Also, Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Noire+Valentines+Day+Chocolate.jpg

bread's done
Back