Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still can't edit the wiki, which this makes at least 3 weeks now I guess? I should have the Steam sale list out by tomorrow sometime. Though the big publisher games aren't really discounted much at all. Grand Kingdom physical edition releases this week as well.

Other stuff that released without warning last week that are all on PC/Steam:
- Osozaki 遅咲き Late Blooming - First (Visual Novel)

- The Labyrinth of Grisaia (Visual Novel)

- My Little Kitties (Visual Novel)

- The Orchard of Stray Sheep (Visual Novel)

- VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (Visual Novel / Bartender)

Weekly Releases (June 26th - July 2nd)

Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

- Platform(s): Vita, 3DS, PC
- Genre: Adventure / Mystery
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A

- Comments: Watches from the special edition were damaged in transit. Game is supposed to ship first and the watches later for those who bought the special edition.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithfulness

- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: RPG / ARPG

- Comments: Please don't suck.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

- Platform(s): PS4, PS3
- Genre: Fighting
- Online: Yes.

God Eater Resurrection

- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: Action RPG / Monster Hunter
- Demo: Japan only.
- Online: Yes.

- Comments: Digital only and a digital code will be included in the future all pre-orders (physical/digital) of God Eater 2 for the PS4 in a couple months if you wait. Unfortunately Vita does not get Resurrection for free. Also, the PC version releases the same day as God Eater 2 and they will be bundled together. (Info)

KARAKARA

- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Visual Novel

Past Releases

June 19th - June 25th

June 12th - June 18th

June 5th - June 11th

May 29th - June 4th

May 22nd - May 28th

Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

- Platform(s): Vita, 3DS, PC
- Genre: Adventure / Mystery

- Comments: Watches from the special edition were damaged in transit. Game is supposed to ship first and the watches later for those who bought the special edition.

Has anyone gotten any information from Amazon about ZTD?

Has anyone being having trouble with Gamestop preorder online to pick up in stores?  I never got a call from them when the Roy Amiibo came out nor when the Turtles game came out, and I had preodered both of them.

I preorder ZTD for in store pick up.  Has there been any Watch news for those that chose instore pick up?

Has anyone being having trouble with Gamestop preorder online to pick up in stores? I never got a call from them when the Roy Amiibo came out nor when the Turtles game came out, and I had preodered both of them.

I preorder ZTD for in store pick up. Has there been any Watch news for those that chose instore pick up?
I haven't gotten a call or text from GameStop for a preorder in 6 months or so. I'm thinking that it's no longer policy that they notify you that your preorder is ready.

Has anyone being having trouble with Gamestop preorder online to pick up in stores? I never got a call from them when the Roy Amiibo came out nor when the Turtles game came out, and I had preodered both of them.

I preorder ZTD for in store pick up. Has there been any Watch news for those that chose instore pick up?
I haven't gotten a call or text from GameStop for a preorder in 6 months or so. I'm thinking that it's no longer policy that they notify you that your preorder is ready.
Me either, I sometimes get an update on my order AFTER its been delivered to my house.

Me either, I sometimes get an update on my order AFTER its been delivered to my house.
My online account still shows OPEN for my Roy Amiibo that I got at the store. Granted, there were a lot at the store.

On another matter, I dont even know which system I ordered ZTD on at gamestop. It doesn't say online and I cant find my email order confirmation.

Apparently I was not entirely correct on the free God Eater Resurrection digital code and I've corrected the weekly post. Here's the correct info (Basically, Vita gets screwed):

PlayStation 4 physical bundle

Pre-order the physical Limited Day-One Edition of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst from participating retailers to receive the following items:

• GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
  • Digital download voucher for GOD EATER Resurrection
  • Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL
PlayStation Network digital bundle

Digitally pre-order GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network for the following items:

• Digital download of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
  • Instant access to digital version of GOD EATER Resurrection when it is available June 28, 2016.
  • Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL
PlayStation Vita DLC Bundle

For a limited time, fans who purchase GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst through the PlayStation Network when it releases on August 30th will receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL.

STEAM Bundle

Digitally pre-order the GOD EATER Resurrection and GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst bundle on STEAM to receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA, and TOKYO GHOUL.

Source: http://www.god-eater.com/us/prepare-to-defy-all-gods/

I'm not at all surprised that they did that to vita but steam getting the worst of it is the oddest of all.  Don't understand why they would screw possibly the biggest target audience on there for the games.  Also why lock dlc to preordeing a game its not usable on?

I'm not at all surprised that they did that to vita but steam getting the worst of it is the oddest of all. Don't understand why they would screw possibly the biggest target audience on there for the games. Also why lock dlc to preordeing a game its not usable on?
That is pretty strange considering you'll hit more people who have access to a PC than any other consoles. I suppose I'll be getting it for PS4 then, even though I'd much rather have it for Vita. Always seemed more like a Vita game to me.

Neat. I would try it, but I really don't feel like bricking my system. :/
I think all that is involved is dumping the game to the sd card and the hack is literally putting some files to your sd card and going to a website to run it, unless it's something different they do here.

ZTD is showing up for me as shipping tomorrow, arriving Thursday :( Is this happening to everybody else too? I was hoping for release day delivery...

Apparently I was not entirely correct on the free God Eater Resurrection digital code and I've corrected the weekly post. Here's the correct info (Basically, Vita gets screwed):

PlayStation 4 physical bundle

Pre-order the physical Limited Day-One Edition of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst from participating retailers to receive the following items:

• GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
  • Digital download voucher for GOD EATER Resurrection
PlayStation Network digital bundle

Digitally pre-order GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network for the following items:

• Digital download of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
  • Instant access to digital version of GOD EATER Resurrection when it is available June 28, 2016.
PlayStation Vita DLC Bundle

For a limited time, fans who purchase GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst through the PlayStation Network when it releases on August 30th will receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL.

STEAM Bundle

Digitally pre-order the GOD EATER Resurrection and GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst bundle on STEAM to receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA, and TOKYO GHOUL.

Source: http://www.god-eater.com/us/prepare-to-defy-all-gods/
Wow so Steam and the Vita gets screwed that makes no sense who wants skins instead of the other game.

So I would need to purchase both God Eater Vita games digitally and separately...

Time to downgrade my lunch to the McDonald's dollar menu again.

Guess I got lucky with TMS, Best Buy actually used a box and it arrived in perfect shape.

Neat. I would try it, but I really don't feel like bricking my system. :/
There's zero risk involved. You just toss a couple applications and the game files on an SD card and go to certain url that loads the exploit.

So I would need to purchase both God Eater Vita games digitally and separately...

Time to downgrade my lunch to the McDonald's dollar menu again.
Your McDonald's still has a $1 menu?

56245681.jpg

Guess I got lucky with TMS, Best Buy actually used a box and it arrived in perfect shape.

There's zero risk involved. You just toss a couple applications and the game files on an SD card and go to certain url that loads the exploit.
I see, sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try at some point :)

Got my Star Ocean in the mail just now, but the DLC code doesn't work. I wonder if this is just because the game doesn't officially drop until tomorrow or if I got a bugged code. Will have to check tomorrow or call up SE.

I just got a generic email from Amazon asking for my approval to keep my order for ZTD since there is a delay on the item. They still didn't provide a release date. 

Got my Star Ocean in the mail just now, but the DLC code doesn't work. I wonder if this is just because the game doesn't officially drop until tomorrow or if I got a bugged code. Will have to check tomorrow or call up SE.

Its definitely because the game isn't released yet, they never add those items to the marketplace until official release. Mine isn't working yet either.

That is pretty strange considering you'll hit more people who have access to a PC than any other consoles. I suppose I'll be getting it for PS4 then, even though I'd much rather have it for Vita. Always seemed more like a Vita game to me.
especially after looking at the sales for zestiria on steam at over 100k. Definitely shows potential for other rpgs from them.

Got my Grand Kingdom: Grand Edition in the mail today. Well packed by NISA as usual. The grand edition content comes in a separate (very thin) box. I already put two creases in it opening it, so fair warning to use some care when opening it if you want to display it. The LE box the rest of the content comes in is much nicer though. The art book is very well done too.

I'm sweatin' balls here. I have to cancel my amazon prime in a few days. If it gets delayed it could cost me $8.
If you ordered it while you had prime, you'll get free shipping. It doesn't matter if you stopped having prime before it shipped. I'm more concerned that they aren't going to ship me a copy at all.

Totally feel your pain bro. Was so excited for the game but getting it 1 week late was not cool at all.
Haha nah, that's not it. I'm waiting desperately for a shipping notice for Zero Time Dilemma. tbh I mostly bought Grand Kingdom cause I got the double Prime discount on it

Haha nah, that's not it. I'm waiting desperately for a shipping notice for Zero Time Dilemma. tbh I mostly bought Grand Kingdom cause I got the double Prime discount on it
I think that's the only reason the majority of people bought it on Amazon. ;D

If you ordered it while you had prime, you'll get free shipping. It doesn't matter if you stopped having prime before it shipped. I'm more concerned that they aren't going to ship me a copy at all.
They recently changed their terms for the 20% prime discount. Now you have to have prime at the time of shipping.

bread's done
Back