Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
:ps4: The King of Fighters XIV: Burn to Fight Premium Edition $47.42 (I bought this for $50 Lightning Deal a month ago, now it just keeps on falling... A very good fighting game despite me not having time to learn the mechanics yet. It has Angel so that's a plus. Also getting a graphics patch soon.)

Started FF15 over the weekend, have to say I am very surprised by how it plays. I get a strong Witcher 3 vibe from the game, and also reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto V. These are really good things of course. Combat and Upgrading system is a little funky, but very unique. But I am most impressed by the innovations this game is trying, their EXP system, day/night cycle, driving, etc.

Graphics aren't too amazing but it'll probably be better on a Pro. I will say, the best thing is the uplifting of the tone from previous games. FFXIII was utterly depressing, everyone was doomed to die, especially in Lightning Returns, where every NPC complains about the end of the world and how bad things are. It was gloomy just walking around the towns. The side quests also have very sad stories to tell.

With the xmen being out pretty sure we will see a ton of first timers in MVC4 maybe some new marvel characters as well as new capcom ip CXs such as asura hell maybe scrooge mcduck lol

Dear Square Enix Members,

Thank you for supporting the Square Enix Members Rewards program!

As you know, we’ve worked hard over the past years to add unique items to the Members Reward program. Unfortunately, it has recently come to our attention that some users have been reselling these items on 3rd party websites. This sort of reselling unfairly hinders Square Enix’s fans from having a chance to collect and enjoy some of their favorite items.

Therefore, starting today, we’re making changes to the Square Enix Members Rewards program to limit reselling. These changes include adding per-account item order limits and making other updates to our Square Enix Members Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

Please be sure to read our new policy thoroughly:
https://store.na.square-enix.com/docs/lptc

We hope you will join us in making sure that the Square Enix Members Rewards program continues to benefit the Square Enix community.

Sincerely,
Square Enix Members Team
Jesus, they are completely full of themselves and have lost touch with reality.

What decade do they think they're in?

Just the fact that they think this will stop or "limit" reselling, they're out of their minds, lol.

Pretty entertaining though.

Are copies of Yakuza hard to come by after awhile? I'm debating whether to preorder yakuza 0 with the visa checkout promo or wait for a price drop because I probably won't get to it for a while. Thanks!

Are copies of Yakuza hard to come by after awhile? I'm debating whether to preorder yakuza 0 with the visa checkout promo or wait for a price drop because I probably won't get to it for a while. Thanks!
Pre-order it. It's an amazing series that needs all the support it can get in America. I don't want the games announced at PSX to be all we ever get. For $35.99 with the Visa Checkout promo, it's worth buying Day 1.

Tales of Berseria ‘The Calamity and the Blade’ trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taHrD8qb75E
oie_animation81ae5.gif

:ps4: The King of Fighters XIV: Burn to Fight Premium Edition $47.42 (I bought this for $50 Lightning Deal a month ago, now it just keeps on falling... A very good fighting game despite me not having time to learn the mechanics yet. It has Angel so that's a plus. Also getting a graphics patch soon.)
Appreciate you posting this. Went ahead and ordered a copy. I've been keeping my eye on this iteration of King of Fighters. I've heard good things about it, and that the support from the developer has been continuing. But I'm not a big enough fan of the series for a day-one purchase. So I was waiting for the price to fall. Originally I thought I'd give the collectors edition a pass and wait for the regular edition to drop low enough. But the value's holding pretty well, and the regular edition rarely drops below $40. And I do like me some art books. So a sale on the collectors edition wins out.

No prob! Glad I could help! The Art book is soft cover, but really large and nice, and it's made by Udon so you know it's high quality.

The soundtrack is also really nice, and the picture of Mai on the cover is really pretty. And the Steel book is the same as the 1st edition one. Keep in mind, there's no DLC with the PE, I was thinking someone took it from mine since my Steel book had no wrapping, but it seems all of them are that way. Also be careful when opening, since I heard the disc dislodges from the Steel book easily, and saw someone in an unboxing video drop their disc when they opened it.

Yeah, there has been a lot of support from SNK, they even changed their logo back to the old one. It seems them being bought out by a Chinese company was a great thing. This game has gotten balance patches, network patches, and soon a graphics patch.

- - - - -

Finally opened up my MeiQ LE, and the Boobie pad is nice, but the quality isn't as great as I thought it would be. Some bootlegs have better quality. The art looks great though, and the Nep T-Shirt is very nice as well. The sale is still going on I think, so get your's before it's too late.

Jesus, they are completely full of themselves and have lost touch with reality.
Thankfully this made me aware of what the shit square reward points were and that I had 632 of them. I promptly checked which stuff was selling on eBay for the most and picked up the Life Is Strange Vinyl Records.

Thankfully this made me aware of what the shit square reward points were and that I had 632 of them. I promptly checked which stuff was selling on eBay for the most and picked up the Life Is Strange Vinyl Records.
Jesus Christ.

I have 382 points. I can get a Kingdom Hearts 3DS case and a leather card holder, neither of which eBay seems to care about. I could also get on a waitlist for an artbook I wouldn't mind having. But really, none of the things I can get are even worth paying the s/h to get my "free" goods.

Finally opened up my MeiQ LE, and the Boobie pad is nice, but the quality isn't as great as I thought it would be. Some bootlegs have better quality.
They probably figured the fabric would get worn out anyways, so they said screw it.

You see what I did there? ;D

a1B19ub.gif

Wew, I got the watches in the mail already. A little beat up but in working order. I wonder if they have a large surplus. Can't seem to order more than 3.

Speaking of changes, I got an e-mail from eBay saying they're getting rid of the $5 minimum requirement to get eBay Bucks (effective April 1st 2017). However, they're no longer going to work on gift cards (effective Jan 1st 2017) and you'll only get 1% rather than 2% in eBay Bucks earnings. If you're a seller you'll now also be able to gain eBay Bucks for selling items, which they should've fucking done years ago!

Speaking of changes, I got an e-mail from eBay saying they're getting rid of the $5 minimum requirement to get eBay Bucks (effective April 1st 2017). However, they're no longer going to work on gift cards (effective Jan 1st 2017) and you'll only get 1% rather than 2% in eBay Bucks earnings. If you're a seller you'll now also be able to gain eBay Bucks for selling items, which they should've fucking done years ago!
The gift card thing was announced a few months back when they announced gift cards would no longer earn eBay bucks.

It's good that they're getting rid of the minimum though as that was always an idiotic change to their policy when they implemented that a few years back.

The eBay bucks earned for selling appears to only be during promotions though, so doesn't seem like it'll apply to sales all the time.

Just watch though, eBay is going to have like little to no bonus eBay bucks promotion starting next year, lol.

Graphics aren't too amazing but it'll probably be better on a Pro. I will say, the best thing is the uplifting of the tone from previous games. FFXIII was utterly depressing, everyone was doomed to die, especially in Lightning Returns, where every NPC complains about the end of the world and how bad things are. It was gloomy just walking around the towns. The side quests also have very sad stories to tell.
Really? As I found ff13-3 quite hilarious as its moniker of dishonest philanthropy simulator.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 time and live stream announced

Nintendo will live stream Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017, its previously announced event where it plans to brief the world on everything from Switch’s price and release date to its lineup of games, on January 12 at 8:00 p.m. PT / 11:00 p.m. ET / January 13 at 13:00 JST via Nintendo.com, the company announced.
Darkness is indeed incredible.
>tfw Ai Kayano voices Darkness and get to hear your top seiyuu saying all those lewd masochist comments.

mns3vq4VWf1rtpnmgo1_500_zpsbtnihv8b.gif

Looking forward to KonoSuba Season 2 next month and going through this again.

Was actually gonna post this, but saw it on the twitter feed and figured it be here as well.

Thanks for the link though, gonna pick this up since i missed it during BF on PSN.

Seems like most of the games on sale on Amazon Atm are published by Aksys: GG, Exist, Tokyo Twilight.

Might be worth waiting till later today to see if they end up on sale on PSN as well if you prefer digital.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it looks like some NISA CEs are starting to show up again on Amazon:

Birthdays the Beginning LE - $59.99
https://www.amazon.com/Birthdays-Beginning-Limited-PlayStation-4/dp/B01N4B1T60/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481637475&sr=8-2&keywords=birthdays+the+beginning+ps4

Looks to include everything that's in the NISA web store version. 20% off on Amazon trumps NISA's no tax and 5% Rewards back.
Thank you! Here's hoping they start to offer more.

their nothing i want with the psn 20% off code so throwing to the random lurkers or whoever manages to grab an find a use for it

8LLJ5L3H3J

Overwatch Christmas Event has started.

Twitter Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gjn0ObXWak

[customspoiler='Event Image']
overwatchchristmas1.png
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='List of New Skins']
Lucio - Epic (Andes - Just a teal shaded tint of his normal skin with santa hat)
McCree - Epic (Scrooge - Pretty nice.)
Mei - Legendary (MEI-RRY - Mrs. Claus, but not much different than what she normally wears. Ice Block has a snowman on top of it.)
Pharah - Epic (Frostbite - Really cool)
Reaper - Epic (Shiver - Decent, kinda Lich King)
Roadhog - Epic (Rudolph - Hohohog + Candy Cane Hook)
Sombra - Epic (Peppermint - Red/White/Green, decent)
Torbjorn - Legendary (Santaclad - fucking Santa)
Tracer - Legendary (Jingle - Green Elf; Looks nice)
Winston - Legendary (Yeti - A fucking Yeti. Really nice looking)
Zarya - Epic (Frosted - One of her better looking base skins, but still eh)
Zenyatta - Legendary (Nutcracker - Oh god, his orbs have become walnuts)[/customspoiler]

I'll edit in links to skin images once there's a single link with all of them. Hopefully it'll include new emotes and such too. Three of the five legendary skins are also shown in the twitter image.

Guess it's time for me to start playing again. I want all of the legendary skins and at least a few of the epic ones.

EDIT: Album of pictures for all the skins.

EDIT 2: Symmetra changes are also live, along with the new map (I think).

EDIT 3: Doesn't look like Oasis is on the live servers yet if Custom Games is any indication. It shows up there on the PTR though.

bread's done
Back