Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's like a 7% chance that's not a trap.
Ingje4P.jpg

lol One of the characters already caught me off guard, I don't need a trap added to that to make things more confusing! :shock:

I got my Nier: Automata Arranged & Unreleased 2CD today. 

I do NOT recommend buying this unless you're a hardcore collector. The first disc has some pretty good remixes on it, but the second disc is a colossal waste of time. It's essentially the same two songs with minor changes. 

So we've got bets that she's a man, that she's underaged, and that she's an illusion manifested by his love of 2D waifus. Any other takers here? Alien perhaps? Android? Bets going once, going twice...
Has to be a trap. She has every feature that is idealized by an impressionable person growing up admiring female beauty through anime.

Traps aren't even usually transsexuals or transgenders. They're specifically males who purposefully appeal to straight males, sometimes to get a rise.

Pun totally intended.

I don't think so? But I don't know.

He turns into a female because the transformation device was designed for a female for herself. He didn't will it to happen, and remains attracted to females.

So I have no idea what that is.
Yea, the twin tails one.

Idk how to classify. Lol

Ordered :ps4: Fate/Extella CE from Amazon. Already had the Vita standard release since launch, but $30 is a good price for PS4 + CE. Amazon has changed the offer to Prime members only (still available at GS for everyone).

Ordered :ps4: Fate/Extella CE from Amazon. Already had the Vita standard release since launch, but $30 is a good price for PS4 + CE. Amazon has changed the offer to Prime members only (still available at GS for everyone).
Alternately, electronics.woot has PS4 Extella SE for $10

I traded in my disc from the CE a while back so now it will be complete again. I don't even know why I have this.. a cheap CE I guess. Anyone want the pillowcase?

Alternately, electronics.woot has PS4 Extella SE for $10

I traded in my disc from the CE a while back so now it will be complete again. I don't even know why I have this.. a cheap CE I guess. Anyone want the pillowcase?
Doh, I would have jumped on that instead. I don't need the CE extras (though I am sorta looking forward to the art book). It's too late to cancel my Amazon order. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Woot link for those interested ($5 + $5 shipping): https://electronics.woot.com/offers/fate-extella-the-umbral-star-playstation-4-7

-Update- Sold out.

Doh, I would have jumped on that instead. I don't need the CE extras (though I am sorta looking forward to the art book). It's too late to cancel my Amazon order. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't worry, more than likely it will arrived damaged, so you'll then have the option to return it. LOL

Don't worry, more than likely it will arrived damaged, so you'll then have the option to return it. LOL
Woot deal would be dead by then. You're just piling on the sadness ^^;

-Edit- Woot deal is sold out now, lol.
I finally caved and bought the Vita Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star - Phantasm Edition for $19.99. Would have much rather had it for $10, but oh well. I doubt I'll get it brand new at that price any other time. Perhaps I'll actually play is in the next few years.

It makes me sad how poorly the Extella Phantasm Edition sold.  I mean, I'm assuming it sold poorly seeing as there is stock of it everywhere and its getting huge, gaping discounts from what was already a modest $49.99 msrp.  It seems like we are less likely to get boxes like this in the future. 

I bought mine day1 though so what else can you do?  *shrug*

It makes me sad how poorly the Extella Phantasm Edition sold. I mean, I'm assuming it sold poorly seeing as there is stock of it everywhere and its getting huge, gaping discounts from what was already a modest $49.99 msrp. It seems like we are less likely to get boxes like this in the future.

I bought mine day1 though so what else can you do? *shrug*
Was it $50 at launch? I thought it was higher.

bread's done
Back