Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes me sad how poorly the Extella Phantasm Edition sold. I mean, I'm assuming it sold poorly seeing as there is stock of it everywhere and its getting huge, gaping discounts from what was already a modest $49.99 msrp. It seems like we are less likely to get boxes like this in the future.

I bought mine day1 though so what else can you do? *shrug*
You could have bought BOTH the Vita and PS4 versions of it! ;)

Hokuto ga Gotoku PS4 model announced for Japan

Hokuto-ga-_Gotoku-_PS4-_Model_12-21-17.jpg

Be Jolly With Joule In Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack’s Christmas Mode

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match St. Gloriana Girls High School tanks introduction trailer

I guess I wasn't paying attention when this was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXhTbKTeTHk

Cool. I still have something to look forward to on the vita. Oh and the Asia release for Bullet Girls too.

I think people were mainly messing around and saying about traps and what not...but nothing wrong with a pretty trap...

Mangagamer Imouto Paradise 2 came out today....I'll play it and give my impressions eventually.

The next pre-order game after Sorcery Jokers is The Spirit Master of Retarnia -Conqueror of the Labyrinth-, a dungeon crawling VN game releasing January 26, 2018.

Mangagamer blog announcement (NSFW)

Link Mangagamer (NSFW)

VNDB (NSFW)

Also Sorcery Jokers introduction (coming out January 12th, 2018 on Mangagamer and Steam which can be 18+ patched).

Link (NSFW)

Excited for both and will get both.

People now overreacting over the depiction of traps in Catherine saying Vincents reaction in the trailer is offending to some.
well thank the good lord we still have the Japanese to make video games for us, people who don't fall into modern day American pressures of politically correctedness.

I mean he did the same thing when he saw Catherine in bed and the big face he did but people now a day find anything to get ticked off at
Catherine wasn't full frontal she was covered by the blanket but yes it was a slightly similar reaction. Though his second reaction seems more disgust and less shock.

well thank the good lord we still have the Japanese to make video games for us, people who don't fall into modern day American pressures of politically correctedness.
Until they give in and say the character is whatever gender and sexual orientation that you want them to be regardless of the story.

I'll just pretend that all these chicks are just annoying neighbors vincent has to deal with then when he's not working he goes home to his 4 bedroom house with 2.5 kids and a smoking wife.

Miku Racing 2018

[media]https://twitter.com/goodsmileracing/status/944518200791744512[/media]

Miku Racing 2018

[media]https://twitter.com/goodsmileracing/status/944518200791744512[/media]
Oh nice design for 2018. The 2017 SOA fairy style was not exactly my favorite but different folks and all of that and didn't stop me from preordering the personal sponsor figma. Granted the 2016 design was a tough act to follow.

The greatest pain is going back and picking up the ones I missed. Looking at you 2014....

People getting offended over everything is making this thread feel like gaf/resetera.
All kidding aside, there was literally *one* post that said the term "trap" might be offensive. The whole rest of the thread either ignored it or went along with it. There is no mass of people getting "offended over everything"... unless you count the people who are offended that one poster said he might be offended. Sometimes it's hard to tell which of the PC crowd and the Anti-PC crowd are really the true 'snowflakes.'

In the holiday spirit, I say we all just follow the advice of Sgt. Hulka.
giphy.gif

I can tell you guys there is a big shitstorm about Catherine Full Body on Resetera with someone saying anyone who buys the game is transphobic and here we are making jokes about traps.

I can tell you guys there is a big shitstorm about Catherine Full Body on Resetera with someone saying anyone who buys the game is transphobic and here we are making jokes about traps.
I just read a couple posts and wow I can see why people bagged on neogaf and this new one now. Not even reddit seems that terrible

All kidding aside, there was literally *one* post that said the term "trap" might be offensive. The whole rest of the thread either ignored it or went along with it. There is no mass of people getting "offended over everything"... unless you count the people who are offended that one poster said he might be offended. Sometimes it's hard to tell which of the PC crowd and the Anti-PC crowd are really the true 'snowflakes.'

giphy.gif
Great movie, character and quote. LOL

I actually had to look up "trap" as I had no clue what all the fuss was about. Once I did, I still didn't understand the issue, go figure uh? LOL

giphy.gif
I just like making fun of Resetera to be honest, because...

...of stuff like this.

Can't wait for Catherine. I wonder if the (((backlash))) will heighten as we get closer to release. There's already some reactionary shitpost up on Polygon about the trailer. 

The greatest pain is going back and picking up the ones I missed. Looking at you 2014....
Are you referring to the prices on Figmas? because as far as looks go 2014 is one of the best ones! When it starts to go downhill is 12,11,10.

Also 17 has this really cute figure which is the one I decided to pre-order since the sponsored one was kind of plain.

So ebay is doing $15 of $75 order and I was considering either getting Idolm@ster Stella Stage or psn and getting it online. Cheapest way is $75 for the hk version and the jp version is $87. 10000 yen psn card is a little over $100 but I can get the game faster and have some left over for dlc. Ugghh cant make up my mind.

bread's done
Back