Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Neptunia Rebirth 1+ DLC for the PC version is up now. It's 40% off right now for $3.03 in a bundle. Adds Neptunia VIIR style following characters, the oracles, and an event gallery mode. 

Never played path of radiance, but radiant Dawn's fiona or meg usually comes to mind being the worst in pretty much entire series.
Ah fiona that was the last one who is a light blue cav that with meg and lyre make up the trinity of fail. thanks, I forgot about her.

It was a long wait but it was worth it!
223.jpg
Miku Racing 2017
Fap[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Nintendo Direct got rescheduled due to an earthquake
Well that sucks, but having experienced my fair share of massive earthquakes, I completely understand......well wishes to all involved.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

i don't see why it had to be delayed because of an earthquake
Many issues come from earthquakes, the least of which is public safety, as buildings, bridges, etc need to be inspected. While I'm sure running a video isn't really anything that couldn't be done still, it would be in poor taste, when your headquarters may be damaged, and staff may not be able to come to work, while others may be hurt.

I say, chaps be sure to order your dabbing Space Bloke or Nipper avatar before the morrow. At only .78 quid, that's cheaper than a handful of jelly babies. Cheers, Mates.

My apologies to both British and non-British people alike.

I'm thinking I'm gonna grab Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy; it's a series I've been curious to try for a long time now, but I just haven't seen it at a price point I was comfortable with.

How's the story mode in the four games it collects, though? For vidja adaptations of shounen anime, I like a pretty detailed story mode, especially if it's going through the story of the anime instead of coming up with some new side story. Do the story modes follow the anime pretty closely?

Many issues come from earthquakes, the least of which is public safety, as buildings, bridges, etc need to be inspected. While I'm sure running a video isn't really anything that couldn't be done still, it would be in poor taste, when your headquarters may be damaged, and staff may not be able to come to work, while others may be hurt.
Nintendont and their excuses [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't really hear that much from British these days, mostly Aussies. That said though, there are a ton of nationalities between the towns, including some non-EU ones which surprised me. Of course like usual, there are some that I can't understand what so ever because they go all in. It's nice, but it's a bit too much in my opinion.

I'm thinking I'm gonna grab Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy; it's a series I've been curious to try for a long time now, but I just haven't seen it at a price point I was comfortable with.

How's the story mode in the four games it collects, though? For vidja adaptations of shounen anime, I like a pretty detailed story mode, especially if it's going through the story of the anime instead of coming up with some new side story. Do the story modes follow the anime pretty closely?
I really enjoyed my time with UNS series. It follows pretty closely to the anime and you play all the fights as well. They also have some QTE sequences that show cinematics unique to the game; not a lot of them, but adds something new if you've seen the anime. I would say there's probably a couple of these in each game.

You sound a tad beastly as mana would say.

Speaking of which I finished lost dimensions true ending along with wrapping up getting s ranks for all maps. Yeah they didn't have any justification for locking the ending to ng+. Its also completely stupid to how they have you needing max s links for all characters with the traitor system existing. I would have needed to do two playthroughs plus a third since nearly all the traitor characters were the same except for george and zenji on my second playthrough. If they wanted to do this they should have set it up so traitor characters are not killed until before the final floor. That way you can get their friendship maxed. I had toya be the first floor traitor so I chose to randomly kill mana and got lucky since she wasn't the traitor at the time but was going to be the fifth traitor.

I just noticed that my copy of SNK Heroines was delayed from BestBuy...

I'm a bit disappointed, but I'll be focusing on Spider-man so I don't really need it today. I can wait.

Lots of new VN news and releases:

First of all 428: Shibuya Scramble was released by Spike Chunsoft on Steam and PS4. It's some comedy mystery game thing that is highly regarded, as it receieved a 40/40 score from Famitsu. I got this, but i'll wait to play it.

Steam

VNDB

Mangagamer released Sisterly Bliss ~Don't Let Mom Find Out~ from eye★phon about 2 sisters and their growing feelings for each other.

Mangagamer (NSFW)

VNDB (NSFW)

Their next release will be Bitter Exclusion from Ammolite out on October 11th, 2018. It's a Nukige about a guy and his friend. One day the whole class excludes him after a failed confession or something. Pretty much NTR the VN. Not for me! Pre-order for a discount.

Mangagamer (NSFW)

VNDB (NSFW)

Song of Memories from Future Tech Lab Co released their French and English translation on Steam. I believe it's the same translation that will be used for the Pqube PS4 version coming later in 2018. This is about songs, monsters and ultimate decisions, I believe. Easy buy, though not a must play for me right now. I will also link one of my favorite reviewers Otaku Overdrive to get him a little bit more exposure. It also helps you to see some gameplay and such.

Steam

VNDB

Otaku Overdrive Review

Sekai Project/Denpasoft released Love's Sweet Garnish from Doujin Circle Canvas+Garden. It's about a guy who's grandma is sick who has to close her cafe. He decides to bring it back to life, and 2 girls from his school want to work there. Looks cute enough, and i'll support it. It has an 18+ patch on Denpasoft, as well as an 18+ version. There is even a physical copy pre-order due out in October 2018. There is currently a 10% discount on both platforms.

Steam

Denpasoft (NSFW)

Denpasoft 18+ patch (NSFW)

Denpasoft 18+ physical copy pre-order (NSFW)

VNDB (NSFW)

NekoNyan announced two titles that will be released in 2019.

Hello Lady! from Akatsuki Works

Aokana from sprite

Hello Lady! VNDB (NSFW)

Aokana VNDB (NSFW)

Hello Lady! is about 5 brilliant youth in the 21st century called crowns. The main characters protects one of them from a terrorist attack. He then becomes a 6th crown and joins these lovely ladies at school. It looks OK enough, though not great. Will buy on release.

Aokana is about a sport called flying circus where you fly around and do stuff. The main character loses and quits the sport. Later on a girl wants to do it, and she inspires the main character, who teaches her how to fly. It looks good and has been highly requested to be translated into English for a long time. I remember seeing part of the anime, but that wasn't very good. Easy purchase on release.

Lots of new stuff, and be sure to enjoy the new releases!

Well, I hope this turns out to be confirmed wrong, but I won't be surprised if it's true, just another day at the office. :wall:
Sadly, it seems to be true. Surprising though? Not really. Nintendo are idiots on so many fronts and have been for a long time.

Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1038245658090786816

They should probably just stop developing games. That way the game can't be pirated or hacked. A nice 2-for-1 deal with their logic coupled with their frequent technical ineptitude.

I really enjoyed my time with UNS series. It follows pretty closely to the anime and you play all the fights as well. They also have some QTE sequences that show cinematics unique to the game; not a lot of them, but adds something new if you've seen the anime. I would say there's probably a couple of these in each game.
yeah played them on ps and enjoyed them enough that i preordered the metal trilogy with almost everything and dlc on discs, the first two were so so game play wise but got better with 3 & 4, though 80 at the time was high but getting 4 games plus dlc was worth it to me, been on sale enough time digitally that you should pick it up

just found out senran reflections is available for preorder (digital only) for 10$, hopefully they have a packaged dlc bundle and not have to buy all 4 separately

Sadly, it seems to be true. Surprising though? Not really. Nintendo are idiots on so many fronts and have been for a long time.

They should probably just stop developing games. That way the game can't be pirated or hacked. A nice 2-for-1 deal with their logic coupled with their frequent technical ineptitude.
Yep, I was just coming to report this as well, and as stated, no surprise as for every two steps forward these guys take, they easily take 3 or more back. Lets enter the digital age extra late, charge for it, and gimp features.............I expected nothing less :dunce:

I just want to chime in and say that Dragon Quest XI is a solid game. I've been underwhelmed or disappointed with various games this year in some area or another. At this point I'm pretty sure I can say that Dragon Quest XI doesn't really fall into category for me. The only real negative for me is the battles are still way too damned slow, but since I play on PC I can easily remedy that so it's not an issue for me. There are a few jokes here and there that feel out of place with their poor timing/enactment, but there's some surprisingly heavy themes that are handled pretty well.

A little late since I've been feeling like shit due to allergies yesterday. Also looks like Steam implemented the new filtering, so I have to use incognito mode for easier access to content I've selected to be filtered as they block out things I use to determine whether or not I check out the title when searching. Even in Incognito while I'm not signed in, it still filters out a few titles but 10 is better than whatever figure they gave me on my account.

Other stuff that released without warning last week or I overlooked it (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- N/A

Weekly Releases (September 9th - September 15th)

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - Thief Arthur (DLC)
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch
- Genre: Fighting
- Comments: Cross-over character from Million Arthur.

Black Clover
- Platform(s): PS4, PC
- Genre: 4v4 Arena Fighter / Action
- Demo: N/A
- Online: Yes.

Nefarious
- Platform(s): PS4, Switch, XB1
- Genre: Action Platformer / Villian Protagonist
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Digital only. Previously released on PC.

STAY
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, Switch
- Genre: Adventure
- Comments: Previously released on PC. PQube published.

Salt and Sanctuary (LRG Release)
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita
- Genre: Metroidvania
- Comments: Physical Pre-Order through Limited Run Games.

Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Metroidvania
- Comments: Apparently last time I wrote it, I didn't mark it as an LRG Pre-order. This is the actual release.

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles (Physical Release)
- Genre: SRPG
- Comments: Physical release. Was released digitally some time ago. Contains all three Mercenary Saga games.

Bastion
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1 & PC.

Senran Kagura Reflexions
- Genre: Simulation / Touchy Feely
- Comments: Digital only. Only contains Asuka. Upcoming DLC includes Yumi, Murasaki, Ryona & Yomi.

Senran Kagura Reflexions: Yumi (DLC)
- Genre: Simulation / Touchy Feely
- Comments: This and each upcoming DLC is the same price as the base game, which is $10.

Super Dungeon Tactics
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, XB1 & PC.

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Old School Musical
- Platform(s): Switch, PC
- Genre: Adventure / Rhythm / Action
- Comments: One of those weird indie games with fifteen different genres intermixed.

Furi (LRG Release)
- Genre: Action / Bullet Hell / Boss Rush

- Comments: Physical Pre-Order through Limited Run Games.

Nintendo Labo: Toycon 03 Vehicle Kit
- Genre: Driving / Flying / Other Misc Shit

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (DLC)
- Genre: Action RPG
- Comments: Standalone playable expansion without base game. Includes expansion pass as a download code, which can only be played with the base game.

Revenant Dogma
- Platform(s): XB1
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: KEMCO mobile port.

Hop Step Sing! Nozokanaide Naked Heart (HQ Edition)
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Genre: Simulation?
- Comments: Published by Degica.

Gift of Parthax
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action RPG / Arena

EPHEMERAL -FANTASY ON DARK-
- Genre: Visual Novel / Otome

Find The Balance
- Genre: Physics Puzzle

Yumori Forest
- Genre: Action / Difficult?

Kansei
- Genre: Visual Novel / Murdery Mystery

Yousei

Jisei

Lucy Got Problems
- Genre: Visual Novel / Yuri
- Demo: Yes.

Monkey King: Master of the Clouds | 中華大仙
- Genre: SHMUP

Past Releases
September 2nd - September 8th
August 26th - September 1st
August 19th - August 25th
August 12th - August 18th
August 5th - August 11th

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles (Physical Release)
- Comments: Physical release. Was released digitally some time ago. Contains all three Mercenary Saga games.
Anyone know if this is all 3 games on the physical cart, or one game on the cart with download codes for the other two? You can't be sure anymore with Switch titles.....

Anyone know if this is all 3 games on the physical cart, or one game on the cart with download codes for the other two? You can't be sure anymore with Switch titles.....
It's an indie game, so it's a fairly small in size. I would think it's all on the cart. More so since the digital version is a single download and lets you choose any of the three campaigns from the main menu. However the digital version is $15 on the eShop, which makes the physical version $25 more than the digital. Pretty ridiculous price hike.

It's an indie game, so it's a fairly small in size. I would think it's all on the cart. More so since the digital version is a single download and lets you choose any of the three campaigns from the main menu. However the digital version is $15 on the eShop, which makes the physical version $25 more than the digital. Pretty ridiculous price hike.
that $25 is probably the nintendo tax

Wow, didn't realize the price hike was so much. That's LRG-level right there. Even with GCU its still double digital. I'm going to have to wait it out for a price drop, unless it turns out this has a microscopic print run.

D3 Publisher Teases Probable New Omega Labyrinth Game for Home Consoles

Elizabeth From Persona 3 Stars In Her Introduction Trailer For Persona Q2

Kamen Rider: Climax Scramble Introduces Story Mode And Free Battle Mode

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists first soundtrack sample video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8Qm4UmpSA

Professor Layton And The Curious Village EXHD Port Confirmed For The West

Tales Of Vesperia Definitive Edition Set For January 11, 2019
To_VDE-_Init_09-10-18.jpg

-
PlayStation LineUp Tour

Cygames’ Mysterious JRPG “Project Awakening” Finally Gets New Trailer; Looks Fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q970MFqoDN4

Kingdom Hearts III Gets New Big Hero 6 Footage at PlayStation’s TGS Lineup Tour; Kingdom Hearts VR Revealed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1n3QwrdKlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRFI6X7WpBU

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition Revealed at Sony’s TGS Conference; Coming 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

Project Prelude Rune by Former Tales Producer Revealed for PS4 by Square Enix with Beautiful Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYeIor4lfQ

God Eater 3 Gets New Trailer and Release Date; Shows New Characters and More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1PbZchb8U
Dead or Alive 6 will officially launch worldwide on February 15, 2019 for PS4/Xbox One & PC Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cli6Zv4sycs
SNK’s Samurai Spirits Revealed at PlayStation’s TGS Lineup Tour; Coming 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKoZb1sv64

Yakuza studio announces Project Judge for PS4 - Due out in Japan in December, in the west in 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enp8HAUbJZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoAnyXqB9g

Left Alive Finally Gets New Trailer and Release Date
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut1cj0nMzbg

Gungrave G.O.R.E. Gets An Official Reveal Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbeBM5kSDE

LoveR by Photo Kano Producer Announced for PS4 by Kadokawa Games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv07Oi4Xm3o

Everybody’s Golf VR announced for PlayStation VR

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Shows Off a New VR Trailer at PlayStation’s TGS Lineup Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESyiEEAZ3Bw

New Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Trailer Shown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdv28QsMeio

Space Channel 5 VR Gets a New and Funky Trailer at Sony’s TGS Conference; Coming to PlayStation VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJXlN0jcw4A

Deemo Reborn launches spring 2019 in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFHVYwtImso

Déraciné Launches November 8 In Japan, Here’s A New Trailer And Collector’s Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR2O109pqIg

bread's done
Back