Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1130171258778181632

Should've given her twintails instead of braids.

uwUBM1D.gif

you joke but totori did have that drunk groping stuff.

and yeah from what I read fff had it so that tiara gets raped by sherman williams after the hot spring event which is why he leaves the party since he goes crazy. It may not have been in the english release of fff then if neither of you remember it then.
oh yea i forgot about that totori scene lol.

Regarding fff i think Sherman attempted to but tiara escaped and didn't actually get raped, like something glowed or distracted Sherman which let tiara escape. Than he ran away.

I need to start watching the Overwatch League events to earn tokens. I want that new Mercy skin. When I looked up how earning tokens works I missed some live events by two days. I think the next chance to earn tokens is early June.

I still have my initial free 100 tokens. I need another 100 for the skin. I think I have to watch at least 34 hours of Overwatch League to get that. I doubt that they'll stream that much during the next event. Hopefully the OWL skins stay in the store for a while.

I need to start watching the Overwatch League events to earn tokens. I want that new Mercy skin. When I looked up how earning tokens works I missed some live events by two days. I think the next chance to earn tokens is early June.

I still have my initial free 100 tokens. I need another 100 for the skin. I think I have to watch at least 34 hours of Overwatch League to get that. I doubt that they'll stream that much during the next event. Hopefully the OWL skins stay in the store for a while.
If you mean the OWL Allstars skins, the Mercy and Lucio ones, I think the last day to get them is today, since that event ends the 20th.

I barely had enough to get the Mercy one, managed to get 256 over the Stage 2 OWL matches. Some advice is to watch the Allstars show since the tokens given out are 2x. Also, it works on mobile twitch app too, and it tracks continuously how much you watch, so just leave it on your phone while you do something else, or another tab on the computer.

If you mean the OWL Allstars skins, the Mercy and Lucio ones, I think the last day to get them is today, since that event ends the 20th.

I barely had enough to get the Mercy one, managed to get 256 over the Stage 2 OWL matches. Some advice is to watch the Allstars show since the tokens given out are 2x. Also, it works on mobile twitch app too, and it tracks continuously how much you watch, so just leave it on your phone while you do something else, or another tab on the computer.
I tried to do this and only managed to net like 20-30 tokens over 3-4 nights of streaming it. Granted, I only left it on for 2-3 hours at a time, but fuck me it's hard to earn the tokens.

EDIT: I have no idea where this info might be besides the CE thread, but SE rewards sale going on. Some items for only 10 pts, like the FF Type-0 steelbook. Shipping kills as usual, unless you redeem for more stuff. I played around with it a little and could only get super saver shipping for up to 3 items which was $13. I wound up getting a few of the type-0 steelbooks and paid $20 shipping. I figure I could sell one on fleabay and come out in the plus.

Thanks for the details.

So, $5.00 for the 100 tokens I need? Pass. I've paid for cosmetics in games like Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Persona, and Senran Kagura, but in third-person games you get to see what you're character is wearing. It's fun getting Overwatch skins, but since outside of emotes you don't see your own character they don't quite have the same draw.

But, from now on I'll leave OWL live events playing in the background. That way I can get a future special OWL skin.

i would of bought a kingdom hearts steelbook off you itzd4n if you had ordered one. I'm like 20 points away from being able to get one :(

[media]https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1130534690912329728?s=20[/media]
Just as a heads up, but everyone probably already knows... this game has two censored images on the PS4. Though these are certainly not as bad as others and are fairly negligible.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1130699369408106496

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1IwNKRt5mQ

First school girl D.Va now this.

YBhyouV.gif

i would of bought a kingdom hearts steelbook off you itzd4n if you had ordered one. I'm like 20 points away from being able to get one :(
Sorry dude, I didn't have enough points for that one either. I remember I got one when they first introduced it to the member rewards and I had a buttload of points. Too bad I don't remember where I put it :whistle2:k

Cool. Mei is currently my favorite character to play as.

The only time event Legendaries got color variants was the first Summer event, right? I would really like it if D.Va got the Persona 5 red and black school colors. She even has a plaid skirt.

The Overwatch Anniversary 2019 Event is now live. Along with the new skins added (the only ones that matter to me are the 2 D.Va skins and the Mei one) this update also brings the new Super Mario Maker Workshop where you can create your own unique game modes with sets of rules, abilities, etc. (but everyone will probably just spam making endless Fortnite modes). Also added to Arcade are two new game modes "Hero Gauntlet" and "Mirrored Deathmatch". Overwatch will also be Free 2 Play from May 21 - 28 if you don't own the game.

You can see what's new in the website here.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/anniversary/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLtUD77lGSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4-LFAK7t0

On top of this if you log in you get a free Legendary Loot Box which will give you a guaranteed Anniversary Legendary skin. Which for me obviously means never getting what I want.

K4DPC7t.jpg

The only time event Legendaries got color variants was the first Summer event, right? I would really like it if D.Va got the Persona 5 red and black school colors. She even has a plaid skirt.
Every event gets color variants thats usually what the Epic skins are. The Summer Games get their flag nationality colors as a Epic skin tho. I'm looking forward to American Ashe this Summer Games event if done right since I did like how American McCree's skin looked.

You play on PC right? If you want, you can add me (anyone else here can too!) Bnet ID: Superswanton #1393. I made the transition recently to PC and it's been pretty fun. Game feels much faster than PS4.

And yes, I believe it was only the 1st event where the Legendaries got a color variant, Tracer, Lucio, and Zarya all had alt colors. But now there's more different costumes, which is nice too.

I suppose I'll get back into Overwatch a bit more for this event. My free box ended up being the new Honeydew Mei costume. Winstons is pretty neat. Been lightly keeping an eye on player built custom games from the Overwatch subreddit. Some interesting ones have come out of it that aren't the typical ones you see.

I don't think I've played the latest two or three added maps or the latest new hero (or two).

got lucky with my free legendary lootbox and got the d.va schoolgirl skin.

I was more excited about the fact that's there's a mech head popping out the top of the meka than the schoolgirl uniform. I think something's wrong with me

Only other one I really want is that roadhog one since it's pretty unique

[media]https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1130534690912329728?s=20[/media]
I won't be getting it but that's a pretty nice Limited edition.

Man, Yugioh is meant to be played on a portable. I gotta get around to buying a switch.

It'd be cool if they could have animated all of the monster cards. Legacy of the Duelist is a solid game. Only thing that bothers me is it feels kinda slow. A speed up feature would really help.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/atelier-lulua-the-scion-of-arland-pc/

Greenmangaming Atelier Lulua base game only $47.51 or $45.35 for VIP members.

There is a digital deluxe bundle that includes music and a hard exploration area.
Totally worth it.

Death End re;Quest has really weird pricing for their first week sale.

On steam, both the standard and Digital Deluxe edition are $40, making the standard edition obsolete. Then you've got the Dlc bundle which is just $4 more adding more to the confusion of which to get.

Even weirder, on GMG, the deluxe edition is msrp'd at $2 less than the standard edition. Seems like a mistake, like they thought the base price was $40 and not $50.

You play on PC right? If you want, you can add me (anyone else here can too!) Bnet ID: Superswanton #1393. I made the transition recently to PC and it's been pretty fun. Game feels much faster than PS4.

And yes, I believe it was only the 1st event where the Legendaries got a color variant, Tracer, Lucio, and Zarya all had alt colors. But now there's more different costumes, which is nice too.
I play on PS4.

Oh crap. I opened my free legendary event loot box, and it had an event Widowmaker skin from a past event. Past event items are in these event loot boxes? I can pretty much forget about getting Mei's skin in a loot box. Usually there's a one in six or a one in eight chance of getting the legendary you want. Between all the event legendary skins that I'm missing it's probably now a one in seventy shot.

I'll just redeem Mei's skin. I may not have a lot of league tokens, but I have a ton of gold. I've been trying to push towards completing another Platinum trophy pass anyway. A nice thing about the Sony Rewards trophy passes is they encouraged me to play more of my backlog. It's too bad they're going away.

An alpha already? They must be using a lot of stuff from the first game if they're pumping it out this fast.
Why wouldn't they? Same platform and it's an established developer who created their own engine for the first game. It's still been over two years since the first released, though, so I think they've put in enough time that we can reasonably expect more than a slight rehash. Looks like they've changed things up a decent amount from the trailer, anyway.

Why wouldn't they? Same platform and it's an established developer who created their own engine for the first game. It's still been over two years since the first released, though, so I think they've put in enough time that we can reasonably expect more than a slight rehash. Looks like they've changed things up a decent amount from the trailer, anyway.
I suppose so, I think they should have waited and developed it a bit more and made it a PS5 launch title.

Yeah, but who knows how long until the PS5 arrives. Most successful PS3 games had several sequels on that console before the PS4 ever came out.
Also I mean there is the part where they will probably release a PS5 version as well. Sure PS5 is going to be backwards compat with PS4 but that never stopped a company before.

Still have to beat the first Nioh. I get really apprehensive about playing it though, since if you get bodied by an enemy you might lose a lot of XP

bread's done
Back