Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Moero Crystal H from VGP, do they usually open and reseal their imports? The little keychain didn't have it's packaging either. Maybe it was a weight issue?

I received my Moero Crystal H from VGP, do they usually open and reseal their imports? The little keychain didn't have it's packaging either. Maybe it was a weight issue?
My keychain seems to be in it's packaging (it's not loose, so I presume there isn't something additional). The CE box actually has an additional plastic wrap around the wrapped box with a sticker in it. I'd guess that one was left out during manufacturing and rather than open and reseal every box, it was easier to just put the extra sticker on top and wrap it in an extra layer. Though I haven't opened it yet to see if everything is inside yet.

Edit: You can see what I'm talking about if you look on some listings on ebay. And seeing those prices, I might hold off on opening mine until I actually get around to playing it...

If you click "new this week" on the side it'll show up, but yeah searching for it wasn't working for me either.

EDIT: I mean using the web browser store, not sure about store on the console itself.

Yep, now shipping out "the week of release" for the PS4 CE.
Balls.

Unrelated, but anyone recently get an order from play Asia? I got my copy of Xenocrisis and Moero Crystal H and they included something along with the usual sticker and postcard.

Having a hard time figuring what it is and can't upload a pic of it at the moment, but it's plastic and has an image of their mascot and the PA logo on opposite ends, and looks like you're supposed to fold it into something.

Unrelated, but anyone recently get an order from play Asia? I got my copy of Xenocrisis and Moero Crystal H and they included something along with the usual sticker and postcard.

Having a hard time figuring what it is and can't upload a pic of it at the moment, but it's plastic and has an image of their mascot and the PA logo on opposite ends, and looks like you're supposed to fold it into something.
Yeah, I also got this strange, folding...thing with my copy of Moero Crystal H and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do with it.

ate2_glamshot_nsw_teen_-_copy_2.png
What the heck does early access to a costume code mean? If you don't buy the LE you can buy the costume, just later?

..I need that costume

Wow, no CE of Ryza 2 for PS4 in NA. Japanese companies are starting to lose faith in Sony (for good reason).

I didn't get the CE for the first Ryza game, so I'm definitely making sure I get this one. I loved that game and can't wait for the sequel! Although, by "Japanese Import," do they mean the artbook won't be translated?

There's also a preorder costume for everyone. We didn't get the puni shirt in the first game so this is good.

Looks like they've sold through 25% of stock already.

legacy_pre-orderbonus_1080x1080_3.png

^That's what it sounds like. I'm more curious about those "Japanese Import Special Clear Files". Are they physical extras or save files?
It's physical. Clear files are just thin plastic-y folders the size of regular paper.

This is the same as the Japanese Premium Box set.

vjPsJW9.jpg

Wow, no CE of Ryza 2 for PS4 in NA. Japanese companies are starting to lose faith in Sony (for good reason).

I didn't get the CE for the first Ryza game, so I'm definitely making sure I get this one. I loved that game and can't wait for the sequel! Although, by "Japanese Import," do they mean the artbook won't be translated?
That does seem to be the case here. Looks like they're just repackaging the Japanese goods with the english release of the game.

I’m the opposite; I didn’t get the first one, so I don’t have to get this one either.

Outside of the costume hype it looks pretty meager for a $120 CE. But that's coming from someone who hasn't played my copy of :ps4: ryza 1 yet.

I'll probably just buy it on pc if it turns out as good or better than the first. Kinda wish i had gone that route with Ryza 1 really.

No, those are a pre-order bonus for a physical copy for multiple retailers:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1316792218338750464

Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy (they have a reply tweet where they include Best Buy), 'EBC' (EB Games Canada?)

What a terrible release for as popular as they knew this LE would be, they give us less actual quality stuff and raise the price, $119.99? For freakin dollar store 'folders' and 'acrylic' stands, a cloth poster. That edition probably costs them $4 to make. They're paying more for shipping to "import" them than the items are even worth. I wonder if it's a shitty "game on the outside" bundle too.

Just like the new "Ys" LE coming out for the same price as the last one of $99.99 except they removed the steelbook game case which was like the only incentive to buy it.

Sick of all these terrible out of touch game companies, they get worse every game they put out, raise the price, and then people flock to buy them still.

Yeah.. All the costumes except the "early access" "Sonnet of Dawn" are available through other means, correct? Shirts are general pre-order bonuses, the summer costumes and "free first two weeks for pre-orders" bonuses, and the old costumes are free if you have a Ryza 1 save.

This LE is really expensive. I do love the box's art and the Sonnet of Dawn costume a whole lot, but I don't think I "$60 extra" like them. Especially if I can just get the costume separately, later.

Yeah, after mulling it over, $120 just seems like way too much for this. It has about the same amount of content the first game's LE had, and that was only $100. Plus, I didn't really feel that one was worth $100. With this game, you're paying $120 for an untranslated art book. Let that sink in: $20 more for them to do less work. I adore that cloth poster, but if I can't read the artbook, it's really not worth it. And, what am I going to do with folders? At least I could hang up the first game's art cards. I think I'll just stick with the standard edition and buy the Sonnet of Dawn costume when it releases for everyone. I need those Puni shirts lol

I'm kind of having second thought on Atelier Ryza 2 LE as well, $20 price hike for nearly identical contents as last installment, not even soundtrack offered.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, looking that over, I have hard time justifying $120 for what they are offering and will most likely pass, especially when compared to what Compile Heart/IF! has been putting out for their special editions lately. If it was $100 I'd be more inclined to drop the cash for it.

Yeah.. All the costumes except the "early access" "Sonnet of Dawn" are available through other means, correct? Shirts are general pre-order bonuses, the summer costumes and "free first two weeks for pre-orders" bonuses, and the old costumes are free if you have a Ryza 1 save.

This LE is really expensive. I do love the box's art and the Sonnet of Dawn costume a whole lot, but I don't think I "$60 extra" like them. Especially if I can just get the costume separately, later.
Wow I am amazed they aren't charging for the old costumes.

Pretty sure it's just an acrylic character standee. I haven't messed with mine either.
Yeah, I also got this strange, folding...thing with my copy of Moero Crystal H and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do with it.
So I found out what it is after digging around on their Twitter. It's a mask holder: https://twitter.com/i/status/1316372816300654594

Holy geez, look at those legs all plump and just bursting out.
Thick thighs save lives, my guy.

I’m the opposite; I didn’t get the first one, so I don’t have to get this one either.
I feel the same, there's nothing in the CE I have to have, but we all know there's gonna be a lot of people feeling ton of regret for missing out if this turns out to be as rare as the first game.

I'll just stick with the standard Ryza 2. Had the poster/tapestry been the Ebten shop (or really any other jp shop), I would have gotten the CE.

71b4T92r6hL._AC_SL500_.jpg

If you want, you can order the japanese version of the limited edition on amiami for about the same price(12000 yen) and you'll get this B2 wallscroll along with it. You'd have to pay for shipping which is really bad right now with only DHL(expensive) or surface mail(snail mail) as options. Oh and the game would be in japanese. But this wallscroll man, this is what should have been in the limited edition.

3HwHlHp.jpg

Daaaaamn, I'm shocked Ryza 2 on Switch sold out so fast. I figured $120 would be a bit too rich for most people.

Was the first Ryza censored?
Not that I know of, which made people have hope that Fairy Tail would be fine. But, after the Fairy Tail nonsense, I worry for Ryza 2.

Daaaaamn, I'm shocked Ryza 2 on Switch sold out so fast. I figured $120 would be a bit too rich for most people.

Not that I know of, which made people have hope that Fairy Tail would be fine. But, after the Fairy Tail nonsense, I worry for Ryza 2.
Thanks for the info :)

Also, out of curiosity I checked the PS4 version and it's also sold out! I wonder if using imports meant that they just had a very limited stock of what was left over from the original production run and just had a single stock for both versions...

Also, out of curiosity I checked the PS4 version and it's also sold out! I wonder if using imports meant that they just had a very limited stock of what was left over from the original production run and just had a single stock for both versions...
Wow, either more FOMO or it's a really small print

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Holy crap, you're right. I checked the PS4 version a half an hour ago and it still had over 50% in stock. Not having too much stock due to it just being Japan's leftovers is a good theory. I also wonder if they're worried the game won't sell well, so they're doing a lower print, but the first game sold really well so I don't know. I think I'll go to Gamestop tomorrow and pre-order my standard copy, just to make sure I get one. Low print + Puni t-shirts = instant pre-order.

You can do the shopping cart trick on the European store to see how many copies they have left. There's 99 of Switch, PS4, and Steam left that can be exported. 

It's also sounding like a physical PS4/Switch copy is going to be necessary for the Puni t-shirts. The Japanese marketing for the Steam version doesn't seem to mention them (their own PS4/Switch Puni shirts being a Gust Online Store exclusive) Only the early purchase summer outfits that people have their panties in a wad over them hiding Seri behind another character in the American ESRB marketing.

bread's done
Back