Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skgIyOdyzaE

Holy crap, between this and Pyra/Mythra in Smash, I was thoroughly satisfied with that Direct. I freaking love Spirit of Sanada, and if this game is going to be like that, it could be a masterpiece. And that new art style is GORGEOUS.

I'm really curious to see how much content is in this game, because I know Nobunaga played a huge role in the Sengoku period, but centering the game on just one faction and calling it "5" and not like "Conquest of Oda" or something makes me wonder how the other, non-Oda clans and characters will be handled. I mean, Nobunaga's death was just one major event in the era (granted, it was a MAJOR event), and tons more conflicts took place decades afterward. Regardless, this will be a turning point in the series, and I just can't wait to play it!

World’s End Club is getting a limited edition from NISA, but I was unable to get the page to load and it is showing as out of stock now. Was anyone able to get one preordered or did they send the email before the page was actually up?

World’s End Club is getting a limited edition from NISA, but I was unable to get the page to load and it is showing as out of stock now. Was anyone able to get one preordered or did they send the email before the page was actually up?
I've noticed that NISA's marketing department tends to jump the gun and not check the store first before announcing a new LE. It'll likely show up later.

Fanatical has a Build Your Own Anime Bundle.
Pick any combination of
2 for $9.99
3 for $13.99
5 for $19.99

Titles include:
Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Spirit Hunter:Death Mark
The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
Little Dragons Cafe
Alternate Jake Hunter: DAEDALUS The Awakening of Golden Jazz
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa
GalGun Double Peace
Synergia
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
Ara Fell
Richman10
Damascus Gear Operation Osaka HD Edition
The Letter - Horror Visual Novel
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters
CHAOS CODE -NEW SIGN OF CATASTROPHE-
The large majority of these have been in much more reasonably priced bundles, I wouldn’t recommend going in on this one.

The reason why the Switch has blown up so much is convenience. On paper, the Switch falls short in almost every category. It's not as possible, its games don't perform as well, and it doesn't get nearly as many cross-platform titles. In theory, it should be no different from the Wii U, relying solely on its first-party developed Nintendo titles.

But Nintendo went all-in on the portability, and that ended up making the difference. They also took notes from the Wii U, and stripped the interface down to the bare essentials to insure that they could get it running extremely fast. At pretty much every point, they sanded the edges of the Switch down to make it as convenient as possible. And that was enough to make the difference. An easy, quick, convenient portable system with a solid digital library, cheap digital storage, and the ability to pop it on and off of your TV. That turned out to be the winning formula.

Nintendo also benefited from the boom in smaller-scale indie development. If not for the indie scene exploding, the Switch would be far more starved for content. High-end graphics heavy titles like Call of Duty don't work well on a much more modest system like the Switch. But lower-requirement indie titles with more modest graphics fit like a charm, and frequently pair well with gaming-on-the-go. As ever seems to be the case in this industry, success boils down to a combination of good choices, and sheer dumb luck.

Regardless of anything Nintendo still has exclusive games people go crazy for. I use my Switch for indies and Picross mainly, but that's fine. I have other machines for more demanding titles. Still haven't been crazy for the exclusive games, but  I haven't played most of them yet. Luck is important for sure. I do think whatever they do next they need to pump up the power a lot. We'll see if that means a Switch Pro or what. So many games look like jaggy sometimes slowdown bleh. 

Somebody make recommendations on whether Ys VIII is worth it for someone who’s only played the PSP port of Ys 1. Platform would be PS4 or PC.

Depends on what your playing it on but it can be found for $30 or less time to time. I bought it for $60 and can't articulate why I enjoyed Y's VIII as much as I did but it was worth it at that price and Dana is a national treasure. 

But Nintendo went all-in on the portability, and that ended up making the difference. They also took notes from the Wii U, and stripped the interface down to the bare essentials to insure that they could get it running extremely fast.
Bingo. Nintendo does four things incredibly well imo:

1. The no nonsense interface / dashboard.
  2. Portability + easy docking for the big screen.
  3. First party games are extremely polished, are bursting with content, and have maximum value for $60.
  4. Their messaging and advertising. Nothing gets me more excited about playing video games than a Nintendo Direct, and I don't even care about most of their games. Everything is all bright, colorful, and inviting.

The Switch is a brilliant device.

Somebody make recommendations on whether Ys VIII is worth it for someone who’s only played the PSP port of Ys 1. Platform would be PS4 or PC.
If you have the pc hardware to run it better than console, go that route. The pc version's been overhauled pretty extensively and I can recommend it in its current state. I recently sold off my ps4 disc and purchased the steam version for a little under $20 through gmg. No regrets. I'm picky about framerate in arpg's, and now that I finally have a decent card again I'm starting those backlogged titles.

Experience with prior Ys games is a nonfactor. One sentence can cover everything you need to know about backstory going in to Ys VIII. Adol is an adventurer, has a friend named Dogi, and has different self-contained stories regarding his various adventures in a world with awkwardly-named geography (Afroca, Romun, etc).

I guess my biggest recommendation is to not come to early conclusions when things look rough and cringe-y at the beginning of the game. As a falcom product, music and long-reaching character development are going to be the strong points.

Dana is a national treasure.
Also this. An Eternian one, I guess.

I love my Wii U, I do. And I genuinely believe that it was a solid system with a sizable number of great games. But one complaint that I can't deny is that the interface on the Wii U was SLOOOOOWWWW. Doing anything in the Wii U's menu system took forever. Something as simple as entering and leaving the settings menu required substantial load times. No one likes a sluggish interface, I don't care how pretty it is, or how soothing the music is.

One of the biggest improvements the Switch brought to the table was a minimalist, clean, and above all FAST menu system. That sucker keeps it simple, and keeps it snappy. It's a big reason why so many were willing to hop in on the Switch. The Wii U required too much patience for most users.

Nintendo's first-party titles are their bedrock. It's what keeps them in the industry. Their stable of exclusives keeps food on the table during the lean times. (GameCube, Wii U, etc...) Even with a much smaller install base, they are still able to shift multiple millions of copies of their first-party games. That's why they don't branch out to be a third-party developer on other systems. Their in-house development is strong enough to carry the company, even when things aren't going well.

But it is also true that luck plays a critical role. Almost every dominant platform holder in this industry has benefited from lucky breaks in order to get where they were. None of them made it purely on merit. Nintendo benefitted from the home console crash of 82'. Sega benefitted from Nintendo's over-focus on marketing to children. Sony benefitted from Sega's implosion, and and from Nintendo's failure to change with the times. Sony benefitted again from Microsoft entering the market a year late, and dividing the audience for one of their biggest competitors. Microsoft benefitted from Sony's hubris with the PS3. Nintendo benefitted from the hardware arms race that Microsoft and Sony were embroiled in, and squeezed the last use out of CRT display technology. Sony benefitted from Microsoft straight-up shooting themselves in the foot with the launch of the XBox One.

There were plenty of good, smart decisions that went into all of those scenarios as well. But there were also always pretty blatant examples of platform holders getting lucky breaks. The current generation of consoles is actually one of the most even, balanced competitions I've ever seen in video game history. We're getting a rare instance where all three major competitors are bringing their A-games, and not (yet) doing anything to screw up.

Sluggish Wii U menus (which is definitely accurate aside) I am actually pretty impressed by Xenoblade Chronicles X's load times too. They aren't too bad, not to mention the whole world is basically seamless apart from going indoors in a few areas and fast travel.

I *do* have the optional downloads that help with load times on an external (mechanical) drive. I don't know how much they're actually helping, but yeah- even a fast travel isn't too bad.

I played VIII after only playing Memories of Celceta on the Vita and thinking it was just ok, but VIII blew Celceta put of the water. Prior knowledge of the Ys series isn't required to enjoy the story, and its gamplay consists of great action combat involving matching your party member's specialty to an enemy's weakness (rock-paper-scissors basically). It's fast-paced and set to the tune of a blood-pumping soundtrack (Falcom always delivers in the sound department). The best part is the map completion. Since you're on a deserted island, you need to fill in the map yourself, so it's fun to travel off the beaten path and get as much of the map opened up as possible. You're charting an uncharted wilderness, which was my favorite part of Celceta. Adol the Cartographer! I highly recommend it for people who love action RPGs, engrossing stories (the narrative bounces between Adol and Dana and it's really interesting, but I'll say no more to avoid spoilers, though I do recommend you speak with all the NPCs every chance you get), and exploration.

Bingo. Nintendo does four things incredibly well imo:

1. The no nonsense interface / dashboard.
  2. Portability + easy docking for the big screen.
  3. First party games are extremely polished, are bursting with content, and have maximum value for $60.
  4. Their messaging and advertising. Nothing gets me more excited about playing video games than a Nintendo Direct, and I don't even care about most of their games. Everything is all bright, colorful, and inviting.

The Switch is a brilliant device.
I was just thinking about how much I love the Switch interface and home menu, because I can get to everything I need very quickly. I especially love the screenshot section, since it's right on the front page. I just finished Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and I took tons of screenshots and videos, which I do with most Switch games. I take very few screenshots on the PS4, however, since number 1: space is so limited on there thanks to every game having to install off the disk, number 2: unlike the Switch, there's no dedicated screenshot-only button, forcing me to hold the Share button down and possibly miss what I want to capture, and number 3: pictures are just buried under so many menus, I don't bother looking at them again. Plus, everything on the PS4 takes so long to load, from booting it up to going to the store to doing the usual "what do I need to delete from the hard drive" dance when you get a new game. Yes, the Switch lacks a lot of features compared to the PS4, but its elegant simplicity allows it to excel at the thing it was designed to do: play games.

Really sucks to see NISA switching to digital soundtrack with World’s End Club
nobody wants digital soundtracks. They have no value.

anyone can just open up Youtube and listen to whatever, whenever. We want CDs.

I was just thinking about how much I love the Switch interface and home menu, because I can get to everything I need very quickly. I especially love the screenshot section, since it's right on the front page.
Yup, and Playstation just took one giant step backwards with their "Game Base", and the menus upon submenus that you have to go through to try and get to party chat, group messages, or search for users. The friendslist and party chat interface is a disaster and I don't know what they were thinking, or how this didn't get focus group tested.

How do the NiSA digital soundtracks work, if it's known? I saw the Poison Control Contaminated Edition also uses a digital soundtrack (sampler? I think) Do they just give you MP3's or do you have to use some special software/service/library nonsense?

I'd add small artbooks to that list as well. Cosmetic DLC  I hate too, but that's mainly probably hating cosmetic DLC. Exclusive cosmetic DLC is pure garbage or any exclusive DLC to LEs.

Acrylic standees, digital soundtracks, and small paper posters are the holy trinity of shitty collector's editions
I actually don't mind acrylic standees (I loved the one in the Fate/Extella Link CE), but digital soundtracks are just insulting. How much does it cost to print a CD, like a nickel?

Xenoblade X put its soundtrack on a USB shaped like the life pods you drop onto the planet in, which is actually awesome, but the thing was protected by some ungodly DRM you had to get around to put the songs on your computer. I managed to extract the MP3s and then I just formatted the damn thing. That was a nightmare.

How do the NiSA digital soundtracks work, if it's known? I saw the Poison Control Contaminated Edition also uses a digital soundtrack (sampler? I think) Do they just give you MP3's or do you have to use some special software/service/library nonsense?
At least in the case of the Xseed ones I've gotten, they just copied an MP3 to an inserted USB drive using an separate application on the console.

I actually don't mind acrylic standees (I loved the one in the Fate/Extella Link CE), but digital soundtracks are just insulting. How much does it cost to print a CD, like a nickel?

Xenoblade X put its soundtrack on a USB shaped like the life pods you drop onto the planet in, which is actually awesome, but the thing was protected by some ungodly DRM you had to get around to put the songs on your computer. I managed to extract the MP3s and then I just formatted the damn thing. That was a nightmare.
You wouldn’t happen to remember how you managed, would you? I still haven’t opened my LE, so I don’t even remember what’s in there.

Ys 8 is alright. It has completely different gameplay than the one you have played though so I'm not certain if you will like the party based combat or not.

My issues with 8 were that traveling anywhere with the larger new fully 3d maps makes the game feel bloated. The frequent gating requiring you to find castaways was a nuisance, the plot twist involving the serial killer was poorly done, it feels like many of the castaways appeared out of thin air as I did not recall seeing them on the tiny boat. The games playtime is incredibly bloated and could have easily been 1/3rd of what it was or bare minimum cut out the pirate and serial killer sections. Dana portions felt like they could have been longer and have the girls and the one guard dude as her party members. It's also weird how her beginning chapters are just visual novel text with occasional still art in the background. Lastly the skirmish raids on the village were tedious, easy and too annoyingly frequent usually when you were progressing the story and not near a warp save point.

The combat was good. Platforming was iffy but for the most part not an issue outside of optional areas with the exception of the cube puzzle labyrinth on danas side. jesus those were struggles to get through between the invisible enemies knocking you off, figuring out which cubes you needed to break to progress and making the sometimes difficult jumps.

Is there a way to differentiate PS3 copies (or even 360 I guess) of the original Nier game from the reprints? Trying to figure out if my copy is an original one and I thought I remembered someone a while back saying there was a way to tell them apart.

You wouldn’t happen to remember how you managed, would you? I still haven’t opened my LE, so I don’t even remember what’s in there.
I don't remember exactly how I did it, but the top comment of this post should help you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/4900t0/so_back_in_the_day_i_bought_the_xeno_x_collectors/

Extracting the files using WinRAR or 7Zip is probably what I did. A more detailed (i.e. more complicated) method is detailed here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3vikin/warning_the_xenoblade_chronicles_x_ost_has_a/

Whatever you do, don't actually open the program on the USB, since it causes a ton of problems. You're better off using another program to discover the files within the USB and extract them, then wiping the whole thing, since in its current state, the USB isn't writeable. Once you format it, you can write onto it, so you can just put the music files back on it if you want. It's an awesome little collectible, but a downright offensive digital item, with the only silver lining being that it can be cracked.

I take very few screenshots on the PS4, however, since number 1: space is so limited on there thanks to every game having to install off the disk, number 2: unlike the Switch, there's no dedicated screenshot-only button, forcing me to hold the Share button down and possibly miss what I want to capture
You can change PS4 screenshots to be a tap instead of a hold.

I take a ton of screen shots on ps4, I have the share button as 1 press for pix and go crazy when I see something I want a cool picture of. I also disabled the 'picture taken' notification popup so it doesn't get in the way of a photo spree. Plus, ya as elessar said, you can always save video and rewatch it and get another opportunity to take a screenshot of the scene you previously missed.

I take a ton of screen shots on ps4, I have the share button as 1 press for pix and go crazy when I see something I want a cool picture of. I also disabled the 'picture taken' notification popup so it doesn't get in the way of a photo spree. Plus, ya as elessar said, you can always save video and rewatch it and get another opportunity to take a screenshot of the scene you previously missed.
How do you disable that? As I would love to be able to not miss things when scenes keep going.

did you guys bother with preordering bravely default 2?

i got points to burn through at gamestop but id rather have the extras

or wait until its 30 bucks. really undecided

Yeah, preordered at Best Buy with the place mat bonus. Enjoyed the previous games in the series as well as the final demo.

Just got Jellal Fernandez in fairy tail.  So only remaining characters are Mirajane, Laxus, Lyon?, Flare?, Ultear?, and Gildarts. Going off all the characters that were temp/guests.  I read that Elfman and Lisanna are dlc which is pretty scummy. 

Either there's a glitch or they lock out earning points from quests to rank characters up after chapter 7 since I haven't earned a single point despite having done 5+ a rank missions and 2 or 3 b rank ones.  All character required ones and not the generics. 

Seriously, I was expecting it to take the full 30 days, but I got mine just a couple days after I filled out the form.
I'm curious as to how they were able to refund people... given the delays and whatnot, I'd imagine they used up their funding by now. Unless there simply weren't too many people who backed the Vita release.

I didn’t finish BD, and I haven’t opened my BS CE. I preordered BD2 anyway, though that probably says a lot more about me then about whether you should preorder the game. At least it’s still on GCU discount.

Between being on a Nintendo console, and what’s probably not that big a print run, I don’t know how much you can expect this one to drop before selling out. I know Octopath (Which I feel is similar) can be found at 40, but I don’t know how easy you’d find it at 30.

I played the first BD and liked it well enough, though the ending was an absolute slog. Never got to BS, so I'm waiting to get BDII until it goes on sale. As Starcrest said, $40 is probably the lowest price you'll find for it for a while, barring a pricing glitch. The one big problem I have with BDII is sort of petty, and I'm probably in the minority, but I just don't feel its design translated well to the Switch. The chibi-style characters worked fine for the 3DS, since that was a more limited system (and every game was doing that style anyway), but the Switch is so much more capable, and I was really hoping to see the characters not look so...doll-like. The environments look nice, but I'm just not feeling the design. I'm sure I'll pick it up down the road, but plenty to play right now.

I actually just started Ryza 2 on the Switch over the weekend and it's super-cute, though I feel it looks a little worse in handheld than the first one did. But, it's just as fun as the first one, with some very appreciated QOL improvements. I especially love the Space Channel 5-style dance Ryza does sometimes when synthesizing.

I managed to get some really good work done on a lip-sync programming project I've been working on last week. To reward myself, I dipped into the back-catalog for a prestige title and started playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on my PS4. I got through 2 chapters. Now I'm hooked, and I definitely will finish the game. There goes a huge chunk of my free time. The challenge now is to pace myself properly so that I can still continue making progress on my hobby programming project.

Also, I noticed something while trying out The Mummy: Demastered on my Nintendo Switch. Does anyone else ever get serious input lag while using their Switch in docked mode? This seems to be a regular thing with me, but it also seems to be specific to my main TV setup. I've rigged my Switch up to other TVs in other places, and haven't had the same issue. But for whatever reason my main home TV seems to just get terrible input lag when my Switch is rigged up to it.

I played the first BD and liked it well enough, though the ending was an absolute slog. Never got to BS, so I'm waiting to get BDII until it goes on sale. As Starcrest said, $40 is probably the lowest price you'll find for it for a while, barring a pricing glitch. The one big problem I have with BDII is sort of petty, and I'm probably in the minority, but I just don't feel its design translated well to the Switch. The chibi-style characters worked fine for the 3DS, since that was a more limited system (and every game was doing that style anyway), but the Switch is so much more capable, and I was really hoping to see the characters not look so...doll-like.
Yeah, the last portion of BD ruined the game for me. I liked Second, though. I did buy the Bravely Default art book and wow, the 3ds resolution did not do the quality of this artwork justice. Regardless, waiting on BDII.

I finished Ryza 1 recently. First atelier game I've played.. Although I own several going back to Rorona. Purchased whenever I saw a complete physical copy under $20. My opinion is.. the game was pretty much what I expected it to be. The strongest aspects are the ingame art products - which includes character design as well as some really great music tracks. I didn't find the actual gameplay or story to be very compelling. And the min/maxer in me often wasted chunks of time working on a synth just to abandon it on the final page. I never really wanted to play it very long in a given sitting, but overall it was a pretty decent experience. Will wait for Ryza 2 pc to hit at least $40. Next gust game I try might be Firis, as I hear that one recommended often.

started playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on my PS4. I got through 2 chapters. Now I'm hooked, and I definitely will finish the game. There goes a huge chunk of my free time.
Yep, pace yourself. There's a lot of content (and several more games) to process. Even the small interactions with npc characters are quality and carry significance to the later titles. Warning: the ending of CSI is done in a way where you'll probably want to play CSII immediately afterward.

There's a lot of content (and three more games in the immediate series) to enjoy.
Yes, this is a big part of why I've waited so long to dive in. I've had copies of these games on my shelf for a long time. I have copies for the PS3, Vita, and now the PS4 as well. And the reputation of the series has always been sterling, right back to the PSP days. (Trials in the Sky) Part of what prompted me to start was that early last week I got in a copy of the fourth title that I had ordered off of Amazon. I've got to try playing them at some point.

I can tell already that the visuals are not the main draw. They're certainly not bad, but they are also clearly not the focus. And the power of the PS4 is pretty clearly overkill as far as rendering power is concerned. I like the silky-smooth 60 fps I'm seeing, but anyone with a PS3 copy would probably be fine playing it on that platform. The colorful art and reasonably distinctive characters are appealing, but obviously not the main draw. No, the focus is quite clearly on the writing. And that is where this game shines. I've only gotten to the end of the second chapter, and that's enough to tell me that I'm ultimately going to be in it for the long haul. The writing, the story, the dialog, the character development and interplay, and the way the writing changes constantly as time progresses. It is catering to my love of narrative in a big way. If you are looking for high-end graphics, look elsewhere. If you're looking for mechanical excellence, you can probably keep looking. If you are looking for a good story, pull up a chair and get comfortable, because Trails of Cold Steel is here to deliver.

I managed to get some really good work done on a lip-sync programming project I've been working on last week. To reward myself, I dipped into the back-catalog for a prestige title and started playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on my PS4. I got through 2 chapters. Now I'm hooked, and I definitely will finish the game. There goes a huge chunk of my free time. The challenge now is to pace myself properly so that I can still continue making progress on my hobby programming project.

Also, I noticed something while trying out The Mummy: Demastered on my Nintendo Switch. Does anyone else ever get serious input lag while using their Switch in docked mode? This seems to be a regular thing with me, but it also seems to be specific to my main TV setup. I've rigged my Switch up to other TVs in other places, and haven't had the same issue. But for whatever reason my main home TV seems to just get terrible input lag when my Switch is rigged up to it.
You may try the usual suspects.. Is your Switch on a different input from other devices on that TV, and is game mode enabled on all inputs (not just one/other inputs)?

If your TV is 4K I wonder if it's some kind of fancy scaling it's trying to do to upscale to 4K. You could try turning off any option that sounds like scaling, or a marketing term for fancy upscaling (if game mode doesn't automatically get these). Also any interpolation / motion enhancement sounding stuff (but game mode will usually get these).

If you notice it on all inputs, not just the Switch, your TV could just be laggy compared to the others you've tried - but it sounds like you're only observing this with the Switch?

Think I might pick Cold Steel back up myself again soon. I still have it on Vita and dropped it somewhere around Chapter 3. I just wrapped up Xenoblade Chronicles X and will mostly likely start Persona 5 Strikers next, but maybe after/in addition to that.

I'm curious as to how they were able to refund people... given the delays and whatnot, I'd imagine they used up their funding by now. Unless there simply weren't too many people who backed the Vita release.
Yeah, I was as shocked as anyone when I first started reading others were getting their refunds, I was like WTF!? Refunds, actually happening? LOL

I didn't expect a refund honestly, let alone the full amount, but I guess good things sometime happen out of a shit situation, and this was one of those times. How or why it happened, who can say? I'm just amazed that the clowns who ran this shit show for all these years actually produced a refund, and within days of saying it would be offered.

Just got Jellal Fernandez in fairy tail. So only remaining characters are Mirajane, Laxus, Lyon?, Flare?, Ultear?, and Gildarts. Going off all the characters that were temp/guests. I read that Elfman and Lisanna are dlc which is pretty scummy.

Either there's a glitch or they lock out earning points from quests to rank characters up after chapter 7 since I haven't earned a single point despite having done 5+ a rank missions and 2 or 3 b rank ones. All character required ones and not the generics.
Lyon is DLC, Flare and Ultear aren't playable at all. And it's probably not a glitch. You're probably capped based on where you are in the main story. But once you clear the lock, you'll probably rank up a lot, like I did.

bread's done
Back