Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if we're reviewing our weekends in gaming, this weekend was a bit more about western games for me since I got my HOTAS set back up, but I got some Code Vein in, tried Mr. Driller DrillLand, Pac-Land, Dragon Saber, original Gradius, and TwinBee Da!! (PSP version) for the first time, played some vanilla TwinBee, 1941, Varth, Pole Position, Ms. Pac-Man (is that a western game?), DigDug, Cotton 100%, and Galaxian (all direct arcade emulations or conversions), as well as Tiger Road (TurboGrafx), Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (SMS), and Final Fantasy III (PSP). I could be forgetting something.

Also grabbed the English patched PSX version of Policenauts and MSX2 version of Snatcher to play on my PSP and confirmed they were working, but didn't really start them.

I've been on a biiiiiit of a retro game kick recently. Uh, for like the last few months, really. Setting up my PSP for emulation was the best/worst thing I've done for myself this year.

EDIT:

Oh, shoot, I was totally forgetting something: the Atari 2600 homebrew conversion of Juno First, which might actually be my favorite 2600 game now. Thing is gorgeous and plays really well.

If anyone here missed it there's a ymmv amazon app promo for 2x coupons for 15 off 25 orders. makes bravery default 2 14.99. Also good for Ys origins and preorders I read.
Was already thinking about buying Bravely Default 2 at $30, getting $15 off makes it a no brainer. Nice.

If anyone here missed it there's a ymmv amazon app promo for 2x coupons for 15 off 25 orders. makes bravery default 2 14.99. Also good for Ys origins and preorders I read.
Wow, thanks! I've used their app plenty, but the coupon worked. I got the Switch remake of Advance Wars for my husband (he felt $60 was too much for it, but $45 is a good price for a Christmas gift). Hopefully this game sells well so they'll remake other entries or make a brand new game.

Wow, thanks! I've used their app plenty, but the coupon worked. I got the Switch remake of Advance Wars for my husband (he felt $60 was too much for it, but $45 is a good price for a Christmas gift). Hopefully this game sells well so they'll remake other entries or make a brand new game.
hmm tempting to use the second coupon on that. Or I could use it towards one of the 4 upcoming trails titles...

Honestly, for a $15 off $25 coupon, it's only 25% off a $60 title. A B2G1 at Target would be 33%+. You get much more bang for the buck if you use it on something $25-30.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21423115011

That’s the offer link to see if you are eligible. I got lucky and even though I’ve used the app before, I qualified. Works on preorders too as I got Olympia Soiree.

The options via the mobile app click a link in the amazon thread and you'll get taken to a page on your phone where they tell you whether you qualify or not. Most people do though despite saying otherwise on the page if you have a button to redeem coupon lower down.

Thanks!

Second $15 Amazon app coupon is active for me, despite being a few hours short of 24 since I used the first one. Thinking of getting Bravely Default 2, since $15 is a steal and that price won't last forever. Today is the only day to use the second coupon, so I'll need to decide fast lol

EDIT: Bought it, $16 with tax is a steal for some classic RPG gameplay and a Revo soundtrack. So glad I held off when it dropped to $30.

I guess I’m kinda considering using it on SMT Nocturne HD? Brings that down to $20, which is... honestly still a bit more than I want to pay considering I own the PS2 version and this has done so little to update it, but the only other thing I can think of offhand that’s actually sold by Amazon and not a third party is conveniently out of stock with no ability to purchase it for when it gets back in stock.

I don’t have a Switch yet, so Bravely Default isn’t on the table.

Thanks for the heads up about the amazon deal.  I should have checked yesterday but if I don't get the second coupon not the end of the world.   I used the first one on the preorder for Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure... made it $37.79 with tax and all.  It defaulted me to 2day shipping for $10 something... yeah... no... I can wait a few extra days and take the free option (I don't pay for prime when shipping is free for orders over $25).  I don't usually preorder this far in advance of a game, but this is one I would be buying anyway.   I opted out of Bravely Default 2, but it was damned tempting at just over $16 with tax.  Even though it said I would get the second coupon in 24h... I'm not expecting it.  BUT, just in case I'll look through what is on amazon for something else and throw it on the wishlist.

Thanks for the heads up about the amazon deal. I should have checked yesterday but if I don't get the second coupon not the end of the world. I used the first one on the preorder for Legend of Heroes: Trails of Azure... made it $37.79 with tax and all.
Nice choice as this is what I consider the best kiseki game and probably my favorite game, period. Just be aware - in case you're not already - that Zero (at the minimum) is required reading to appreciate Azure.

Also to the people preordering, just be careful as if you need to cancel the order for any reason, the promo credit will be gone once it expires today.

I bought BD2 and then... laundry soap. Perhaps to wash away my tears of disappointment, we shall see.

Yeah Trials of Asure seemed like a no brainer.   They also have The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails available for preorder but since it's not connected to anything else it's not as high a priority for me.   I think if I do get the other $15... I'll grab Zelda Skyward Sword while it's on sale for $50... as it'll end up the same $37.79.   Maybe I'll fire that up on the wii tonight to make sure I like that game, though typically I just buy all zelda games these days.

I guess I’m kinda considering using it on SMT Nocturne HD? Brings that down to $20, which is... honestly still a bit more than I want to pay considering I own the PS2 version and this has done so little to update it, but the only other thing I can think of offhand that’s actually sold by Amazon and not a third party is conveniently out of stock with no ability to purchase it for when it gets back in stock.
I've been kicking around getting Nocturne on Switch for a while now, but I've decided to get it on PC so I can play on the Steam Deck (and I can mod in the better soundtrack). But if I wait to play it until I get the Steam Deck, that means I'll end up playing SMTV first, and I'm worried I'll be so spoiled by that that it'll be hard to go back to Nocturne.

As for the Trails games, I'm waiting for the inevitable NISA special editions because I hate my wallet.

Finished digging through Amazon's listings for physical switch games that amazon.com themselves sell.

Trails from Zero... I do need to grab that.  And Trails into Reverie.  I didn't realize all these games were already available to preorder on amazon.  I grabbed Asure first because I wasn't thinking about release order.  Not a big deal.   I was planning to just get all of the mainline trails games as they released whatever the price anyway.   If I get the other $15 off... I may go for preordering Zero.

Finished digging through Amazon's listings for physical switch games that amazon.com themselves sell.

Trails from Zero... I do need to grab that. And Trails into Reverie. I didn't realize all these games were already available to preorder on amazon. I grabbed Asure first because I wasn't thinking about release order. Not a big deal. I was planning to just get all of the mainline trails games as they released whatever the price anyway. If I get the other $15 off... I may go for preordering Zero.
Yeah you'll definitely want to play Zero first, as Azure caps off the story started by Zero. Order is Sky FC, Sky SC, Sky 3rd, Zero, Azure, CSI-IV, Reverie. The newest installment ("kuro") releases in japan next month.

I actually imported the Reverie (Hajimari no Kiseki) LE from playasia last month since it was $68 shipped. Going to give playing it a shot soon, even though it'll require using an overlay and remote play to pc.

I've been kicking around getting Nocturne on Switch for a while now, but I've decided to get it on PC so I can play on the Steam Deck (and I can mod in the better soundtrack). But if I wait to play it until I get the Steam Deck, that means I'll end up playing SMTV first, and I'm worried I'll be so spoiled by that that it'll be hard to go back to Nocturne.

As for the Trails games, I'm waiting for the inevitable NISA special editions because I hate my wallet.
I'll buy those too of course. And regarding nocture, I bought it on nsw digitally for $30 and really regret it. I actually completely dropped the game after the first time I had to regularly listed to the battle music. I might just have to buy the pc edition later (when cheap) and mod it. I don't see why they won't add a higher quality bgm pack as a free/optional eshop download.

Doesn't cold steel 1 and 2 take place adjacent to either zero or maybe azure? I feel like that was the case when you see some of the events going on during the cold steel titles like the meeting in 1 trade conference or something and the other thing near garellia fortress in 2. But I might be mistaken\confused.

Doesn't cold steel 1 and 2 take place adjacent to either zero or maybe azure? I feel like that was the case when you see some of the events going on during the cold steel titles like the meeting in 1 trade conference or something and the other thing near garellia fortress in 2. But I might be mistaken\confused.
You remember correctly. Azure events take place concurrently during CSI-II and are mentioned in newspaper articles, distant views from an airship, that kind of thing. However timeline order is not the same as recommended playing order, which should be the same as release order: Sky FC, Sky SC, Sky 3rd, Zero, Azure, CSI-IV, Reverie

But I'd also say that CSI-II only spoils prior games in minor ways, so it's no huge deal to play CSI-II first. Completely understandable considering how localization went down.

Edit: People go check the amazon promo page for round two of the $15 promo. I think they fixed it - but it still might expire today.

Just for laughs and kicks here is a quick review of the eroge OPPAI Academy Big, Bouncy, Booby Babes!

First of all this game has the main protagonist making his sister angry. This causes his bath to explode where he transports into another world in an isekai nukige visual novel. appears in a bathtub and all the girls have big breasts. He finds out he has magic that causes sexy situations to happen. This is the story of his school days.

Honestly there really isn't a lot to this story. It's pretty much a bunch of mini episodes the nukige. You choose girls and chapter by chapter they go through similar actions for each scenario. In these the main character sees the girl/girls/whatever and then he interacts with them. He eventually learns a spell and casts it causing many sexy acts with many an adult moment. There are side girls, mother/daughter scenes, and even some group stuff. It's all there and the art is pretty good overall. The voice acting is good too. There are a few animated scenes as well. It's all fine and fun I guess, but has so little substance and direction. It just kind of exists.

There is a mass amount of pics, scenes, and what not I apparently did every scene in 2 hours and 36 minutes. I skipped through so much in scenes with their nonsense and got through the whole story with how little their was. It never evolved beyond the  pretty sexy slice of the life isekai nukige. There is lots of to like here if you love fluff and lots of scenes, but I wasn't crazy about it. It's probably worth it maybe at a hefty discount, but other nukiges I've played like all the Imouto Sisters games are better. Another recommendation, in particular for oppai lovers, is the the Funbag Fantasy series (Highly recommend although I haven't played them all). It just end up being very bland with nice graphics and voice acting with not much of a purpose. 5/10 

Played some skyward sword on wii last night.  It's good.  Also gave my $0.50 copy of Zelda Crossbow Training a try that I got two months ago from a public library bookstore.  For the price, I'm happy.  It's a decent light gun experience.

Finished the night off with finally giving Project X Zone (3DS) a try.  Overall pretty cool.  The 3d effect is decent with basic layering.  The story is bonkers but quite entertaining.  Glad I grabbed that when it was cheap and a couple copies of the second game.   Adding them to the "need to play" list (especially the second one as a Shenmue fan).

EDIT:

Second coupon unlocked.  So...  21 hours later.  Not bad.

EDIT2:

Got skyward sword... hard to beat $37.74 total tax and all.  I don't mind with the other trails games to just pay full price or something when the time comes.

I ended up getting trails of zero and azure with my coupon and rewards points. So I'll finally be able to play cold steel 3 and 4 in a few years.

I ended up getting a new mini swiss army knife and a knife sharpener. Man, the last newish physical game I bought was 13 Sentinels back around Black Friday, I just haven’t been all that excited by new releases that were actually released physically for a while.

Be nice if M2 would bring a collection of their shmup remasters over, I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

Mary Skelter Finale Limited Edition Preorders are up. Game will release on September 30.

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/mary-skelter-finale-LE/

3D_MSKT3_FULLSET_NSW__81777.1630101295.jpg

I ended up getting trails of zero and azure with my coupon and rewards points. So I'll finally be able to play cold steel 3 and 4 in a few years.
I played some of CS3, to make sure I'd like it, and while it introduces stuff from the crossbell games I didn't feel like I needed to play them first. So I'll likely play through all four CS games before Zero and Asure are out... and then I'll go back and fill in those events.

I'd really recommend going through Trails in the Sky FC, SC, and 3rd prior to crossbell instead of cold steel.  For example, the single best plot element in in Zero is a conclusion to a story thread that begins in 3rd.  But if someone really wants to go ahead with CS, playing CSI-II first is okay.  CSIII is going to be the point where it's a lot better to have played the previous games.  Not only do the older games make the modern games a better experience, but the older games are overall higher quality in their own right.  But at the end of the day, those are just recommendations and not gatekeeping rules.  I'm ultimately glad to hear people enjoying & supporting the games.

I kinda wanna be into this for the yuri, but it’s Idea Factory and I can’t imagine the games are actually any good. Can anyone refute that assumption?
I enjoyed Fairy Fencer and Dragon Star, but I can’t actually say they are “good” games. I despised the gameplay of Neptunia 1 so much that I never touched any of the sequels. I enjoyed Dark Rose Valkyrie, but didn’t actually play more then a few hours, something else much have taken my attention. And I never played Mary Skelter, so I don’t even have any expectations about this new release. So.. I guess this post isn’t all that useful.

But I’ve got Tales of Arise, and Deathloop for my time this month, and Metroid Dread early October, so I know that I wouldn’t touch this one anytime soon.

I'd really recommend going through Trails in the Sky FC, SC, and 3rd prior to crossbell instead of cold steel. For example, the single best plot element in in Zero is a conclusion to a story thread that begins in 3rd. But if someone really wants to go ahead with CS, playing CSI-II first is okay. CSIII is going to be the point where it's a lot better to have played the previous games. Not only do the older games make the modern games a better experience, but the older games are overall higher quality in their own right. But at the end of the day, those are just recommendations and not gatekeeping rules. I'm ultimately glad to hear people enjoying & supporting the games.
I probably would try tits 1-3 if they were more accessible. If they ever port them to the switch for example "wink wink nisa\xseed". I was thinking that they might remake them using the cold steel engine but sadly that never came to be.

I kinda wanna be into this for the yuri, but it’s Idea Factory and I can’t imagine the games are actually any good. Can anyone refute that assumption?
It's not the Neptunia engine (Neptunia / Dragon Star / Fairy Fencer F games), but a first person dungeon crawler with a bit of a twist. So as long as you like games like Etrian Odyssey, Dungeon Travelers, Demon Gaze, etc, you'll probably like it. If not, then you probably won't.

In my opinion, I can easily say that Mary Skelter is the best video game series that Ideafactory has made. It's a competently made first person dungeon crawler in the same vein as etrian odyssey or dungeon travelers. Character designs are good. Gameplay is actually not bad. Quite exceptional actually. I would rank it as one of the best dungeon crawlers to come out of the vita era.

This one might not have yuri. Only the second game was heavily yuri afaik.

Finished the night off with finally giving Project X Zone (3DS) a try. Overall pretty cool. The 3d effect is decent with basic layering. The story is bonkers but quite entertaining. Glad I grabbed that when it was cheap and a couple copies of the second game. Adding them to the "need to play" list
I remember PxZ being good fun, though it did get a bit tedious by the end since there were so many characters on the field. Never got around to the sequel though, so please share your thoughts when you get to it :)

I've played both and thought they were excellent but also on the long side.  Around 70 hours.  people say 1 is the harder one but I found it easy compared to 2's defense map from hell.  You can only take a small portion of your units to that map, have to keep enemies from attacking your base or its instant game over, your base is colossal and there are no choke points since the map is too huge and you can't guard your entire ship, enemies can fly, there's blacked out spaces that flying enemies can go to but you cannot enter or reach them from, there's multiple bosses on the map coming from near every direction as well as like 20 enemy units while you have maybe 8 plus reinforcements.  It's super crazy difficult and unfair.

It's a shame so many of the characters are not in the second game from the first but understandable given the rights nightmare it must have been. Ignoring the ips bamco has like tales of, .hack and xenosaga which wouldn't have those problems. 

Although the story arc for a few characters is wrapped up I would like another one.  Given the large number of tales and other in house titles they can use it wouldn't be difficult to make more. 

For those wondering I would say the gameplay is closest  to exist archive and the valkyrie profile series.

Maybe don't jump yet but...

Akiba's Trip (Switch) $34.99 on Gamefly used of course ( https://www.gamefly.com/game/akibas-trip-hellbound--debriefed/5028547 )

While this is a decent deal, and GF is great about sending original boxes and all, I've been following Gamefly price drops daily for a few months.  Well, for switch games at least.  What I think might happen is in two or three weeks it'll drop to $29.99.   Most recently this has happened with the Oddworld Collection (and it's still available at that price if anyone was wondering).

Here's the page where I track switch price drops.
https://www.gamefly.com/browse/store/switch-store-pricedrop

Last night I powered through testing and playing GC games.  I played 29 gc games... saved none of them.  Even some big ones like Beyond Good & Evil (which is still amazing)... I don't think I want to fully play that again and it's an easy $60 or so on ebay.   Many of the games I had never made the time for, like Battalion Wars... eh... not for me.  My oldest son insisted after I played that I give Battalion Wars 2 a try, so I did that and found it fairly enjoyable... but... I can live without both games.  So I'll probably just give them to him since he loved them and neither are worth that much on the secondary market.   Summary: played 29 gc games... set 9 aside for more serious scrutiny, have 7 to just test that I don't want to play... and then I will go through about 30 other games that are what I'd consider automatic keepers (if not for me, for the kids)... which I'll still play each a little to verify.   When I'm done pairing down my collection I'll snap a pic of it and post it for the curious.

Off topic a bit but I love how you can just play 29 GC games likely back to back. I tired something similar with PS4 games and the long installs make that near impossible. I put a bunch to install but many require updates and such. Very tiresome though I played about 30 games, but it took about 3 days haha.

It's a shame so many of the characters are not in the second game from the first but understandable given the rights nightmare it must have been. Ignoring the ips bamco has like tales of, .hack and xenosaga which wouldn't have those problems.
I freaking loved the first Project X Zone (I saw a review call it a Saturday morning cartoon and that's such a great description), but just couldn't get into the second one because they removed so many of my favorite characters. I was super-disappointed that Mii and Kogoro didn't return, considering they were hilarious and the main characters of the first game. Haken and Kaguya's removal hurt because the running gag about Kaguya's chest was actually pretty funny (loved how Estelle got really self-conscious about her bust compared to Kaguya's and Yuri quickly tells her she's fine the way she is). Frank West and Hsien-Ko were hysterical, throwing literally everything and the kitchen sink at their enemies (Frank's photographing of all the women was funny, too). Arthur constantly appearing in nothing but his boxer shorts was also amazing. And, how can you remove Tron Bonne?!

Another huge issue was the pairing of the remaining characters in the sequel. Pairings like Chun-Li/Morrigan and Dante/Demitri were great for their opposites attract humor, and pairings like Kite/Blackrose and Yuri/Estelle just make sense. But, the sequel broke up many of the male/female pairings in favor of more male/male, and stuff like Yuri/Flynn isn't as sensible, since Flynn as a solo unit is really the only logical choice (look at his origin game). Kite/Haseo brings drama, due to Haseo's past with Azure Kite, but Haseo is another loner and his inclusion removed Blackrose, a fan-favorite character. I'd much rather her than a two-dimensional edgelord. They also broke up a lot of the pairings that combined games in favor of ones that had two characters from the same game, which is less creative from a story and gag standpoint. Now, these are just some of the characters I had a personal connection to (I was sad T-elos was removed, but pairing KOS-MOS with Fiora had potential and I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Ulala was confirmed to return), but there were tons more characters I'm not familiar with that still got shafted in the sequel.

Admittedly, I only played the demo for the sequel, but the roster immediately turned me off. I was hoping the demo would at least show some more care was put into not making every battle 2 hours long, but I could tell that the full game would get as bad as the first with that as you played more of it, so I never bought it. I get licensing issues were probably a thing, but they really could have treated the roster they had left with a little more care. And, Mii and Kogoro were original characters! I understand Reiji and Xiaomu came from the original Namco x Capcom game, but they were so damn boring compared to Mii and Kogoro.

For anyone trying to snag a copy of AI: The Somnium Files, there's 1 copy left on Gamestop right now. The game is out of print afaik and I don't see new copies showing up anytime soon. Switch's $44.99 vs $9.99 for PS4 hurts, but it's an option for those who want it physically.

Off topic a bit but I love how you can just play 29 GC games likely back to back. I tired something similar with PS4 games and the long installs make that near impossible. I put a bunch to install but many require updates and such. Very tiresome though I played about 30 games, but it took about 3 days haha.
GC has the fastest boot time of any disc based console ever. Some GC stuff loads faster (to the starting menu) than some N64 and SNES games. I put around 5 hours into it which averaged just over 10min each. It's pretty cool... swapping games and being at a menu is typically 1min and often less.

For anyone trying to snag a copy of AI: The Somnium Files, there's 1 copy left on Gamestop right now. The game is out of print afaik and I don't see new copies showing up anytime soon. Switch's $44.99 vs $9.99 for PS4 hurts, but it's an option for those who want it physically.
I also see Xenoblade 2 Chronicles also in stock at the moment at Gamestop

I played PxZ just a few months ago actually. I was enjoying it, but I felt like what it really needed was a way to grind (which would've been fun after finishing the game too just to enjoy playing as all the characters occasionally)

I really just wanted to pick some characters and beat stuff up until I was overleveled for the story stuff, so I wouldn't risk doing a long battle, losing and have to start over (this is ultimately why I dropped off before completing it)

Project xzone 2 wise the loss of antagonists as party members hurts most definitely. Especially tellos and fox lady. But they needed to wrap up their stories and those sadly end with them not being good guys. It'd be nice if they could have altered the course and lived but that would be kinda an insult to their characters.

Pairing wise I completely agree with haseo. He's a solo unit not compatible with kite. It's actually surprised that he didn't try to kill kite given his origin story. Haseo is a guy that is more than just a edgelord angry all the time in roots and gu. It's a shame they flanderized his character.

Flynn I disagree with as he has great chemistry with Yuri given that they are childhood friends and rivals. It's also worth noting that Flynn was originally intended to be a party member and actually does join in the ps3 and up versions. It's pretty dumb they rushed the original release out. Especially since you can get equipment for Flynn in the original release which makes no sense if he wasn't intended to be playable outside of the temp battle.

I feel so shallow about the Project X Zone stuff... I know I brought it up... but some of the characters you guys are discussing I don't know at all. I just thought the games looked cool and the videos covering both games were decent (and I got my Ryo Hazuki in the second one). I'm just glad I bought them when they were cheap. Like $10 or less each and I have two sealed copies of the second one (which now goes for $50 to $60). One of my sealed copies can go to ebay. If I didn't already own them, I would not bother tracking them down.

Edit: missed the “not” in that last sentence.

I feel so shallow about the Project X Zone stuff... I know I brought it up... but some of the characters you guys are discussing I don't know at all. I just thought the games looked cool and the videos covering both games were decent (and I got my Ryo Hazuki in the second one). I'm just glad I bought them when they were cheap. Like $10 or less each and I have two sealed copies of the second one (which now goes for $50 to $60). One of my sealed copies can go to ebay. If I didn't already own them, I would not bother tracking them down.

Edit: missed the “not” in that last sentence
Don't feel bad about it as I had experience or knowledge of a handful of the characters in them and even fewer I had actually played. fire emblem, .hack, xenosaga were the only ones I have played out of them off the top of my head at the time. And a at least one of them were unlocalized titles like valkyrie chronicles 3.

Wait, what?
Fire emblem awakenings Chrom and Lucina were in project xzone 2.

other characters were Yuri Lowell, Flynn, and Estelle from tales of vesperia

Kosmos and 7 from xenosaga and xenoblade

Oh I forgot about god eater series and resonance of fate? or whatever that ones called. that had alisa lindow and soma in the first one and characters from god eater 2 in the second iirc and all 3 main characters from resonance of fate.

iirc both xenoblade and fire emblem awakening had just started getting really popular around then.

Bandai x Namco x Sega

Plus a few Nintendo characters, why not. It’s on a Nintendo console, Nintendo likes doing this stuff, I guess it makes sense, I just wasn’t expecting Nintendo in the game.

I thought Kosmos sounded familiar but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

More progress last night on my game collection minimization project... I'm now down to 22 gc games that aren't in my sale/give-to-the-kids box.   A few I want to play before deciding if they are long term keepers.  The surprises... I didn't care for Paper Mario Thousand Year Door or Wario World... but Simpson's Hit & Run is still a blast to play.   Also Simpson's H&R is worth over full retail.   I'm not a big Simpson's fan... haven't watched it since the 90's... but wow... what a game.  Takes me back to those last couple years of High School.

The bulk of what I have left to decide on falls mostly into franchises... Sonic (Adventure, Heroes, Gems Collection, Mega Collection), Viewtiful Joe (1, 2, Red Hot Rumble) & Tony Hawk (3,4,UG2)... and then a couple other odd games.   So it's looking good I'll finish GC up tonight or tomorrow... then I'm going back to Wii to finish going through what I automatically moved to "save" to make sure it's all good... and then PS3 (the last of my somewhat big collections)... or N64 (a fairly small collection as I sold the bulk of it ages ago).

I love Simpsons hit and run on the game cube.
It's amazing Hit & Run is about to turn 18 years old and still plays so well today. Running it through wii2hdmi with progressive scan on is glorious to my old eyes. I'm very much looking forward to fully replaying the game. I was sure that was destined for my sell pile... I only started it up to verify the disc worked and had to force myself to stop playing after half an hour.

It's amazing Hit & Run is about to turn 18 years old and still plays so well today. Running it through wii2hdmi with progressive scan on is glorious to my old eyes. I'm very much looking forward to fully replaying the game. I was sure that was destined for my sell pile... I only started it up to verify the disc worked and had to force myself to stop playing after half an hour.
Amazing it's an EA game. The Simpsons Game was pretty good, too ... at least the one on 360.

bread's done
Back