Japanese Psn is Back up

[quote name='shadowkast']Psn but not the store :([/QUOTE]

i gotta think with them finally getting the jap psn up the store just may be up this coming tuesday.

[quote name='lokizz']i gotta think with them finally getting the jap psn up the store just may be up this coming tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they said by the end of the month but Im thinking it will be a little longer. Which I dont mind, long as they do it right I can wait a little longer.

Yeah. Hopefully. PSN is coming back. Virgin hackers are still trying to bring Sony down though.

When I try to open the store with my Japanese PSN account, I get an error in Japanese that roughly says that the PSN Store is not available in my country or region. Can anyone confirm that the Japanese PSN Store is up in Japan? I'm not sure if it is region locked now, or if the Japanese PSN Store is just still down.

i hope it is not region locked

=/

besides,
i lost my freaking password and i am not sure why i put as my brith date when i signed up my Japanese account lol

[quote name='apterous']When I try to open the store with my Japanese PSN account, I get an error in Japanese that roughly says that the PSN Store is not available in my country or region. Can anyone confirm that the Japanese PSN Store is up in Japan? I'm not sure if it is region locked now, or if the Japanese PSN Store is just still down.[/QUOTE]

o_O

Why would it be? I can access the UK store just fine. I think they're just being overly careful with it, also consider the JPN government said they wanted assurances before they relaunched so it will probably take longer than expected for it to come back up. The HK PSN isn't even accessible yet to change passwords or anything else.

Just have some patience it'll be back, eventually.

So that's what that message has been, I just presumed it was the typical "store is down" message, but it's region locked? That's really stupid, especially cause no other country has done that. I'm not all that upset, but they better turn this region-locking off once the WB program ends, I want the occassional Japanese demo.

Also, what's going on with Hong Kong? It still says the service is undergoing maintenance when I try to login.

i forgot my e-mail and password to them

how can i get them

Any1 have a fix for this? Im still getting the message but ppl are reporting that the store has been up for quite some time? is there a way to change the region you live in Japan as maybe thats the problem?

[quote name='otakud']Any1 have a fix for this? Im still getting the message but ppl are reporting that the store has been up for quite some time? is there a way to change the region you live in Japan as maybe thats the problem?[/QUOTE]
In order to get to the Japanese PSN you have to put your country as Japan, but they detect this either by where your console was made, or where your internet is based. So no, I don't see how you can get by.

[quote name='Buuhan1']In order to get to the Japanese PSN you have to put your country as Japan, but they detect this either by where your console was made, or where your internet is based. So no, I don't see how you can get by.[/QUOTE]
But Ive bought many Japanese games and the PS3 is region free, it used to work before but why not anymore? How do I get my DLC now!?:cry:

You don't. They region locked it once the PSN returned. Hope it's just so non-Japanese users can't get the free Welcome Back stuff, and not a stipulation the Japanese government made them employ so in an attempt to tighten security.

[quote name='Buuhan1']You don't. They region locked it once the PSN returned. Hope it's just so non-Japanese users can't get the free Welcome Back stuff, and not a stipulation the Japanese government made them employ so in an attempt to tighten security.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, why haven't I at least been able to change my password even if I can't access the store....?

And again my comment about the US and UK stores and the welcome back stuff (I got both) so why would they only lock down the JPN store....I need more information and clearer answers and not speculative proof. Do you know for sure, or are you guessing based only on what you've read (in japanese) when the error message comes up for the store...

I'm not criticizing, just trying to find out what source your facts are coming from to get the bottom of what's going on with the Asian stores...

On Gamefaqs (don't judge me) someone mentioned that their Japanese PS3, in Japan with them can't get into the store yet so I don't think it is necessarily that we are locked out. The translation that people have cited is at least a little vague and open to various interpretations. If I remember correctly, it said something to the effect of, "The store is not accessible in your region." which, if people with Japanese PS3s are to be believed, is still accurate because none of them in any region are accessing the JP store.

EDIT - some people on gfaqs with the asia psn store issue. I don't think we're locked out because we're in the US. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000401-playstation-3-online-and-playstation-store/59137706?page=2

I was able to change my password sometime late last week or early this week, I forgot, using PS3. But store is not accessible though. My Asia account can access the Asia PSN Store without problem.

Edit: I think the Japan store is not up yet and not region locked because I just checked using an Japanese proxy and got the same message. But I cannot be certain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks for the heads up and the personal insights guys. ;)

As I mentioned before with the JPN govt. holding them accountable and not wanting another intrusion period, Sony JPN will have to check it to make sure its bullet proof and convince the govt. that its safe, so until that is possible I don't expect the JPN PSN to come back anytime soon.

I'll need to see if I can access the HK store so I can re-activate my PSP to play Patchwork Heroes again.

[quote name='uncle5555']I'll need to see if I can access the HK store so I can re-activate my PSP to play Patchwork Heroes again.[/QUOTE]

Is the HK store up? So far I haven't even been able to log on to PSN with my HK account.

Yeah, HK PSN still doesn't seem to be back yet. Also, are we sure the store isn't up in Japan? I haven't heard anything saying it wasn't, and just yesterday there was a fuss about a Resistance 3 demo being released on the "Asian" PSN. We need some solid evidence if the store is up or not.

Ok, I went and checked all of my accounts last night to see what was what.

UK and AUS fully functional.

JPN - Password and System Activation functional. Store and D/L history still down.

HK - Completely down, nothing functioning. (Password change/store/activation)

That should clear up any confusion for the time being. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']Ok, I went and checked all of my accounts last night to see what was what.
JPN - Password and System Activation functional. Store and D/L history still down.
[/QUOTE]

Can you provide any clarification on what the JPN store's error message actually says?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Can you provide any clarification on what the JPN store's error message actually says?[/QUOTE]

If I could read Japanese I would, since I cannot, no I can't. Sorry. ;)

If I get time later this week I'll look into it, but as of right now I don't have time to do it.

In sort of related news, the HK store has returned, complete with new stuff and free welcome back goodies. At this point I'm running out of games to pick :p

I went with the Last Guy and Trash Box on PS3 and... I think Loco Roco and Stress Buster for PSP. I don't know when/if I'll get to play the PSP games as I'm not really interested in switching one of my PSPs to run my HK content but maybe someday I'll get bored.

D:
Apparently I made my HK account on my computer... and the provider I used for the email address shut down June 1st. *sigh*

I got lucky with my HK account because I had a HK PSN card that I used to buy PSOne games waaaaay back in like 2007. As such, I didn't have to try and register whatever fake email I gave them to change my password.

With my Euro/UK account, I had to get on Yahoo, actually make the previously fake email address a real one, and get the password change thing mailed to me. All's well that ends well.

I think I would've been better off using a fake email.
I used a real address that I actually used for stuff like ebay.
The damn provider shut down. Supposedly they haphazardly sent out emails stating the fact. I never got one. :bomb:

I used my ancient hotmail email account for my HK account. That unholy place is where spam goes to die.

[quote name='Halo05']In sort of related news, the HK store has returned...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Halo05']As such, I didn't have to try and register whatever fake email I gave them to change my password.

With my Euro/UK account, I had to get on Yahoo, actually make the previously fake email address a real one, and get the password change thing mailed to me. All's well that ends well.[/QUOTE]

Had to do that with my Aussie account, an old Excite address I never use and haven't done so for the better part of the decade.

That's why you don't use fringe emails that you never check. Hell, if you have a gmail account, just use the dot trick (placing a dot anywhere in the "ThisIsMyEmail" part of [email protected] technically counts as a new address while still being sent to the normal address as if it was typed correctly. You're just begging to lose those accounts forever because of such poor account management.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's why you don't use fringe emails that you never check. Hell, if you have a gmail account, just use the dot trick (placing a dot anywhere in the "ThisIsMyEmail" part of [email protected] technically counts as a new address while still being sent to the normal address as if it was typed correctly. You're just begging to lose those accounts forever because of such poor account management.[/QUOTE]

Well I only have 5 emails (I use regularly), four of which I used for my PSN stuff (5 PSN accounts), and the other excite account for the last address (my Aussie account) which I don't use anymore (nor want too) screwy thing is though that was the only one that wouldn't let me reset through the PS3 (which I thought was stupid)

Plus never in a million years did I think the PSN would get hacked, so live and learn. ;)

My god, this no Japanese PS store thing is getting out of hand. They're going to hit 2 months with it. I can't wait to see the PSOne games that completely flood it when it returns.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Can you provide any clarification on what the JPN store's error message actually says?[/QUOTE]

When I try to access the JPN store:

このサービスはあなたの国/地域はご利用になれません

"This service (PSNStore) is not available in your country/region."

[quote name='Halo05']My god, this no Japanese PS store thing is getting out of hand. They're going to hit 2 months with it. I can't wait to see the PSOne games that completely flood it when it returns.[/QUOTE]

Well if the HK store is any indication it wasn't that many, I saw a few Capcom titles as well as FF 5 & 6, so it didn't look like a massive amount.

[quote name='parKer']When I try to access the JPN store:

このサービスはあなたの国/地域はご利用になれません

"This service (PSNStore) is not available in your country/region."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

And are you or anyone you know within JPN, if so we know this isn't a region lockout for anyone outside of JPN then. (which is the 2nd part of the confusion in this thread which needs resolved)

If JPN PSNstore is region locked forever I'm gonna be a sad panda...
I still have 200 yen on there (speaking of that... anyone have any recommendations on games that's 200 yen and playable by someone that speaks no Japanese?) and I'd never be able to recover Malicious.

[quote name='mguiddy']If JPN PSNstore is region locked forever I'm gonna be a sad panda...
I still have 200 yen on there (speaking of that... anyone have any recommendations on games that's 200 yen and playable by someone that speaks no Japanese?) and I'd never be able to recover Malicious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought it from the JPN store too, along with 2 PS1 games. You can get Malicious from the HK store, so all is not lost there, but the two PS1 titles I bought are JPN exclusive at the moment.

Guess we'll have to take a wait and see, since if I'm not mistaken I still haven't been able to access my download list either (or couldn't find it) at the moment as well.

But then I'd have to spend $20 or whatever on a HK card and buy it again. :/

I'm just hoping the region lock out message isn't really a permanent region lock out.

[quote name='mguiddy']But then I'd have to spend $20 or whatever on a HK card and buy it again. :/

I'm just hoping the region lock out message isn't really a permanent region lock out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya.

Two things an update from an independent website about the outage (in short he knows nothing more than we've speculated about.

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/6/17/playstation_store_still_offline_in/

Second, online play and PSP activation ARE UP, as I had a whole bunch of game demos to activate a few weeks ago when I could reset my password (which I had forgotten I had done, oops. :lol: )

So the store will be back eventually...

Update: IT'S BACK UP! No region lock, go download your games.

NOTE: It looks like you get 1 game per system at a time. It appears you can get your first PS3 and PSP game from July 6th through the 18th, and the second game from the 19th to June 8th. It also looks like Wipeout HD will be replaced with Star Strike HD at that time.

Who has a Japanese PSN account? Which free games are you going to get once it's back up? The choices appear to be:

PS3
--The Last Guy
--LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
--Echochrome
--Wipeout HD
--Hustle Kings

PSP
--Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida or2
--Minna no Sukkiri
--Patapon 2
--LittleBigPlanet Portable
--LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3
--The Last Guy
--LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
PSP
--Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida or2
--Minna no Sukkiri

any word about when it will be back?

Wait, so the error I was getting on my Japanese account was because the store is still down? I thought I read it was up and just figured they finally killed access from the US. In fact the error message I got was 'not available in your region'.

[quote name='Jodou']Wait, so the error I was getting on my Japanese account was because the store is still down? I thought I read it was up and just figured they finally killed access from the US. In fact the error message I got was 'not available in your region'.[/QUOTE]

I heard that to. It was in the other thread about this topic. I don't think that translation was ever confirmed.

bread's done
Back