Japanese Windows XP

Xiados

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Getting tired of wandering the nets for the day, so I figured I'd ask around here as I don't think I even go to any other forums.

I've been thinking about getting a laptop for a while and with the need to condense my life at home, now seems a good time. While thinking about it I had the crazy idea to have a Japanese version of XP. So some questions if anyone can answer (because I'm also tired of attempting to sift through Japanese pages).

1) Most of the OS itself is in Japanese, right? (Semi-stupid question, I suppose. But you never know.)

2) Would it be better to get a laptop here (US) and then format, purchase the OS and then reinstall. Or is it possible to import a laptop. I have no idea which would even be the better idea. Though I'd think trying to get a laptop with J XP already installed would be cheaper. It feels that way at least.

Any help or even directing me to other places to ask would be cool.

[quote name='dtarasev']Can't you just download the language pack from the Microsoft site? I belive that is all you have to do.[/quote]

Oh, I've got the language pack to view and type and all on my desktop. And I finally re-figured out my problem, today, with some things being unviewable and it was my Unicode not being set to Japanese.

I'm just interested in going all the way with a laptop and just have everything in Japanese.

bread's done
Back