Jasper 360s in Canada?

Wrong forum or not, there are some guys who don't venture outside these safe pastures (like myself) and information like what this thread can provide can help immensely.

Still, when over 50% of the posts on the HOT DEALS section is personal QUESTIONS, it is time to learn how to READ AND POST IN CORRECT PLACES.

CAG is not a subdivision of RFD, where Q&A sessions are taking place!

[quote name='gamer602']Still, when over 50% of the posts on the HOT DEALS section is personal QUESTIONS, it is time to learn how to READ AND POST IN CORRECT PLACES.

CAG is not a subdivision of RFD, where Q&A sessions are taking place![/quote]

AGREED! Our Cdn HOT deal section has become a forum of personal questions. PPL should try the Xbox.com forums or try CAG Q&A thread.

[quote name='gamer602']Still, when over 50% of the posts on the HOT DEALS section is personal QUESTIONS, it is time to learn how to READ AND POST IN CORRECT PLACES.

CAG is not a subdivision of RFD, where Q&A sessions are taking place![/quote]

Yech not this again.

Firehawk, the only way to know for sure is to read the serial number and the lot num and all that stuff, and there's something to do with wattage too, I haven't read too much on it but that's how you differentiated a Falcon from the rest.

What the fuck is this animosity about asking general questions? Who the hell is going to post in a hojillion page generic thread and pray for a response on the same page so they don't have to dig around? It isn't hurting anyone's internet to post a question and get an easy answer in a standalone thread.

Seriously. "Go to xbox.com"? What the fuck?

@gamer602: Last I checked, this section wasn't called Hot Deals and this isn't RFD. On RFD they're anal about having anything but deals in the deal forum for a good reason; there's waaay too many active topics, it needs to remain sorted. But this subforum is a lot less active, and regular visiters will never see new topics spread onto the second page.

@Whiners: If you don't like related questions here, just ignore the thread. Ignoring 3/8 of the threads with new posts isn't going to kill you. :/

I personally like having everything in the same forum, makes keeping track of the new posts easier.

actually, you need to read more carefully. Canada is a subforum of the hot deals video game forum. Also there's two subforums on top for Canada. Use the subforums. Its that simple.

There's a "shopping discussion" subforum JUST for Canada, why can't we use that instead? Someone should apply for moderator and move these questions there, keeping this main forum only for DEALS.

oh gamer602 beat me to it.

@ zing: it's hardly animosity. I come to this particular forum to read about DEALS on video games. If I wanted to DISCUSS video games, I go elsewhere, where there's a richer community and more interaction.

@ Winnopeg: This is a deal forum. When almost 50% of the threads in this forum are Q&A threads, it wastes my time, and that sir, is far worse than death. I see other CAG members posting about crap other than video games (clothing, cell phones, etc.) When do you draw the line?

@ jeffx: My thoughts exactly. Someone who's on CAG Canada regularly should apply to become a MOD and clean up the forums. It will be a richer experience for everyone.

Jesus, why are people so uptight if a post doesn't completely adhere to the guidelines, are you a moderator or something? There's what, maybe 6 new threads a day. How hard is it to skip the threads that aren't strictly about game deals? Regardless of what the guidelines say this forums is supposed to be for, it seems like its basically the all-things-canada-related section for cheapassgamer, whether you like it or not. And I'm sure most people dont mind that. If you have a question that you want answered, this forum is your best bet. Yes, there are the quaint subforums, but I didn't even notice them until recently so you'd probably have much less luck there.

Hah, I didn't know it was that pissy here. Go figure. :lol:
Then again, this is pretty much the only CAG subforum I visit. Anyway, I only posted here mostly because this is really the only place I know of that is guaranteed to have Canadian posters.

Edit: Hah, to be honest, I didn't even notice that "shopping discussion" subforum on top. Well, whatever. I guess it's too late now.

Anyway, until this thread is moved or whatever... it seems to be completely impossible to tell the voltage based on the little slot where the serial number is. Is there some other way to look without actually opening the package?

I'm cool if gamer602 goes for mod. He's been around for a while and always comes up with the deals.

We're not pissy. Just that most of us come here for the deals and just for the deals. There's a subforum JUST for this kind of shopping discussion, and it's called "Shopping Discussion" (go figure)

Yeah, I know, but honestly this board is so quiet I just don't see the problem.

But again, I'm pretty indifferent to board politics. I don't care either way, as long as I can get an answer to my question.

Yeah, but it's almost impossible to see the voltage in the slots.

Although, I guess it's kind of moot since nearly every retailer keeps their consoles in cages nowadays.

[quote name='game_fanatic']When almost 50% of the threads in this forum are Q&A threads, it wastes my time, and that sir, is far worse than death.[/quote]

Why, because you're that important? Kiss off. You're no better than anyone else, except RFDers. Everyone is better than them.

gamer602 does it really bother you that much? Relax man, i always thought that idea was pretty stupid ... using a single thread as a pseudo forum for general Q & A, when we have this forum all to ourselves.

[quote name='gamer602']goes to email cheapy d...will update![/quote]

Relax 602; it's just the internet.

[quote name='firehawk12']Hah, I didn't know it was that pissy here. Go figure. :lol:
Then again, this is pretty much the only CAG subforum I visit. Anyway, I only posted here mostly because this is really the only place I know of that is guaranteed to have Canadian posters. ...[/quote]

[quote name='dave17']... it seems like its basically the all-things-canada-related section for cheapassgamer, whether you like it or not. And I'm sure most people dont mind that. If you have a question that you want answered, this forum is your best bet. Yes, there are the quaint subforums, but I didn't even notice them until recently so you'd probably have much less luck there.[/quote]

Yeah my Firefox tab for CAG goes straight here I don't even bother going to regular CAG for discussion, I get enough of that at work and stuff, but this little slice of the internet we have here is nice, quiet, and good people with actual answers to help out others. It's our own little slice of heaven in the desolate wasteland of the internet.

It's really counterproductive to slam someone who actually needed help on something. Where was your complaining when I was asking about the Jennifer Aniston naked magazine cover? At least firehawk's question is gaming =\.

Also if you're so concerned about saving the pennies so much, RFD is just another banner click away.

[quote name='eday_2010']Why, because you're that important? Kiss off. You're no better than anyone else, except RFDers. Everyone is better than them.[/quote]

I think that coil I left in the toilet bowl at the truck stop is better than most RFDers :D:D:D:D:D:D.

[quote name='firehawk12']Yeah, but it's almost impossible to see the voltage in the slots.

Although, I guess it's kind of moot since nearly every retailer keeps their consoles in cages nowadays.[/quote]

You can see the voltage on the sticker on the side of the box, on most of 'em it's not there so look at the little slot on the box and move the box a little so you see the left side of the serial number to be able to properly see the voltage as per so:

my.php

It's a pain to move all of the boxes over a bit but if you're looking for one I guess it's worth it.

[quote name='gamer602']actually, you need to read more carefully. Canada is a subforum of the hot deals video game forum. Also there's two subforums on top for Canada. Use the subforums. Its that simple.[/QUOTE]
The category is "Cheap Ass Gamer Deals". Main forum is "Regional/International Video Game Deals". Subforum is "Canada". I know this is a deal forum and I'm nitpicking here over simple wording, but "hot deals" is an RFD thing; search the forum index, the only mention of the word hot is in member's names. :p

[quote name='kathos']It's a pain to move all of the boxes over a bit but if you're looking for one I guess it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I don't want to look like the crazy milk lady when I stand there for several minutes trying to slap a box around. :lol:

Sadly, I think the latest date I see at the Futureshop was an August date and people seem to think October is when the first ones started rolling out.

Alright, some folks don't like posting in the discussion sub-forum. There is a thread titled "Canadian Question and Answers," and since we're all fellow hosers here, let's make that thread the "Official" discussion thread. Since most questions in this forum could fall into that thread, we can divert all questions there, and have dedicated CAG members routinely check and answer questions that have cropped up in that thread. Hell, it's the least I could do for this forum. This will keep the deal section a tidy forum, and have questions answered quicker than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back