Jasper Chipset Xbox 360 Failure Rates

cdine72

CAG Veteran
Has anyone on the forum personally had their Jasper Chipset Xbox 360 fail(RROD, E74,etc.). Also any thoughts or comments on the improvement offer from previous models(fan noise,case heat,disc drive noise).

Thanks Everyone

[quote name='pete5883']Fan noise still varies depending on which fans you get.[/QUOTE]

Disc drive noise also varies depending on the game playing. I know mine sounds loud when playing Crackdown or the XBLA compilation disc.

For mine, the fan noise is basically nothing, I can't hear it at all from where I sit (~6ft away or so). The drive is still pretty loud, maybe slightly quieter than my old one, but that's going to be hard to avoid, I don't know how much dampening they can do with that and it's going to have to spin pretty damn fast. The drive noise was getting to me during fallout 3, so I installed it and now it's silent running.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Another one of these threads...

Hardware fails. Jaspers are not the perfect chipset. For every person that had one fail, there are more that haven't. No particular model of the 360 is going to be silent.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the OP was asking about the hardware but rather, if the new chipset has improved reliability vs past models. It's a fair question, considering how 360s have a very high failure rate.

OP, we got a Jasper 360 about a month and so far, it's been problem free but Jasper units haven't been out in the wild too long (I think it's only been a few months) so it's hard to say.

The fan and drives are still loud though they're much quieter than our old Falcon model (which was almost the same as our Xenon model). But noise really isn't an issue if you install a disc on to the HD. It eliminates drive noise so all you hear is the fan (which you really can't hear during games, unless you sit really close) and it also significantly reduces load times. Also, it runs a lot cooler... so that should help with reliability.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think the OP was asking about the hardware but rather, if the new chipset has improved reliability vs past models. It's a fair question, considering how 360s have a very high failure rate.
[/QUOTE]

Did you read the TITLE of this thread? "Jasper Chipset Xbox 360 Failure Rates". Pretty sure the only way you can have a Jasper chipset is in the hardware of the 360.

bread's done
Back