Jean-Claude Van Damme to fight Somluck Kamsing in K-1

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Actor Jean-Claude van Damme will fight Olympic gold-medalist boxer Somluck Kamsing in a K-1 muay thai match in March 2010.
This rumor was recently confirmed by Kamsing, who signed the contract for the fight on Sept. 4. The bout will take place in Las Vegas and will consist of five two-minute rounds, said Kamsing.
Van Damme has requested to bar the use of elbows during the fight because he is an actor and does not want his face to get cut or bruised, Kamsing told Siamsport.
Kamsing is a Thai boxer who won the featherweight gold medal at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.
Van Damme is a Hollywood action star who trained in martial arts before his acting career began.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-to-fight-Somluck-Kamsing-in-K-1.html

If this is true I look forward to the destruction of JCVD, and I might actually pay for a pay per view.

Holly crap how did they get him to do this? Did they offer him some 15 year olds from china? That guy is over the hill, full of himself, and a total pervert.

I hope he gets his face crushed by a nice high Thai Knee!

JCVD was a fantastic movie.
Its sad to see him not act and attempt to fight a "Olympic gold-medalist boxer". I know JCVD was athletic in his prime but that was long ago. Was he ever a muay thai boxer? I dont know that much about jvcd but i dont think so. He is gonna get torn apart by front kicks imo.

This is good for K1 if it holds through. It should create some buzz and get money into a sport that probably needs it.

He's going to get mauled.

Although Dolph did pretty well against Oleg... but Oleg wasn't an Olympic gold medalist.

well after further investigations.... JCVD 18-1 from 1976-1980 so not bad.

this guy won the 1996 Olympics. Launched a music career in 2006. Seems like jcvd must be getting a nice paycheck to pick up a fight vs an active olympic muay thai fighter.

[quote name='VipFREAK']This + Steven Seagal getting his own show? = EPIC WIN[/QUOTE]

The best Steven Seagal movie was Executive Decision...because they were smart enough to kill him off in the first 15 minutes. Kurt Russell FTW!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The best Steven Seagal movie was Executive Decision...because they were smart enough to kill him off in the first 15 minutes. Kurt Russell FTW![/QUOTE]

:lol::applause::lol:

10 years ago..i'd say sure JCVD would beat his ass around the corner...now...not so much. But ill be rooting for him. now if dennis rodman was in his corner..that would be epic.

Interesting, but I'd much rather see Donald Gibb step into the ring, preferably against Tiny Lister. So much awesome in one little ring.

[quote name='Icen']
Although Dolph did pretty well against Oleg... but Oleg wasn't an Olympic gold medalist.[/QUOTE]
Of all the random "what the fuck??" things I've ever found on Youtube, that was easily my favorite. I really wish Dolph would have beat the shit out of him since I hate Taktarov.

As you said though, he did pretty well. Better than I expected, anyway.

The all time best JCVD movie is Knock Off, it also has Deuce Bigalow in it also. I think Van Damme could kick some ass in real life.

[quote name='Strell']I think Jean Claude should just fight Joe Higashi. He might actually stand a chance there.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. So brutal.

bread's done
Back