Jesse Ventura: ""I will never stand for a national anthem again. "

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Link

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) — Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is so upset by the dismissal of his airport security lawsuit that he threatened Friday to apply for dual citizenship so he can spend more time in his beloved Mexico — or run for president of what he labeled "the Fascist States of America."
Ventura, also a former wrestling star, sued the U.S. government in January, alleging that airport scans and pat-downs amounted to unreasonable search and seizure. A district judge threw out his lawsuit Thursday, ruling it should have been filed in a Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ventura has said a titanium hip implanted in him in 2008 sets off metal detectors and that agents previously used hand-held wands to scan his body. He said he was subjected to a body pat-down after an airport metal detector went off last November. Ventura said he hasn't flown since and won't fly commercially again.
Outside the federal courthouse in St. Paul, with a crew from his "Conspiracy Theory" cable TV show filming, Ventura said he hadn't decided whether to continue pressing his lawsuit. He said he wanted to make his case before a jury, not a panel of judges.
Ventura, a political independent who served one term as governor, teased that he might have to run for president to change the policy and a court system he regards as broken.
Moments later, he vowed to apply for Mexican citizenship so he can live there more months of the year.
The former Navy SEAL said he had lost his patriotism.
"I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist," he said.

More.

Can't say I don't have similar feelings. I've all but given up on this shadow of a once great country.
Good for Jesse.

Not to be a smartass but as bad as it's getting here I ask you why you'd want to ask for citizenship in a country run by 40 oligarchic families instead. I don't think you're really switching much in terms of Freedom Of Speech.

Because the last time he stood for a national anthem, Tito Santana waffled him in the back with a steel chair.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Can't say I don't have similar feelings. I've all but given up on this shadow of a once great country.
Good for Jesse.[/QUOTE]

Dopey issue to make a stand on. Real dopey.

[quote name='camoor']Dopey issue to make a stand on. Real dopey.[/QUOTE]

it's Jesse Ventura for christ's sake, what do you expect? Even when he says he wants to live his life out of the public eye, he shows up to make a stink at least once a year.

[quote name='Survivalism']Because the last time he stood for a national anthem, Tito Santana waffled him in the back with a steel chair.[/QUOTE]

WILL YOU STOP?

marellarobertbio.jpg

[quote name='thrustbucket']Link

More.

Can't say I don't have similar feelings. I've all but given up on this shadow of a once great country.
Good for Jesse.[/QUOTE]

Jesse Ventura is a nut. Jesse Ventura would not have anything if it weren't for the opportunities afforded to him as an American. The truth is, there are some real shitholes out there. The American ideal may have it's issues, but people that live here have access to food, running water and basic human rights.

There is a reason people from other countries come here and it's because there is more opportunity here than many other places around the world.

As far as standing for the National Anthem, it's a sign of reverence for the people that fought and died to ensure that you now live in a place where people can make comments like that and not get beaten to death by the police or locked away forever.

I'm not taking a stand on his issue. Nor am I enamored with Mexico. I just share his general disgust in the direction of this ship and have mostly lost hope it can be changed.

[quote name='Msut77']When was this golden age thrust speaks of?[/QUOTE]

You know, the time a bunch of tax scofflaws fought the queen and almost lost

Or maybe the time half of the country was warring with the other half.

Or maybe the great depression.

Or maybe the time we were caught unawares and forced to go toe-to-toe with two empires bent on world domination.

Or maybe the time the feds went on a witch hunt for commies

Or maybe ever since we had hundreds of nukes pointed at us

Or maybe the time robber barons owned everything (oh wait that's now)

Saw on the main page of the forums, "Jesse Ventura: ""I will never..."

Instantly filled in, "give you up, let you down, run around, and desert you."
[quote name='camoor']You know, the time a bunch of tax scofflaws fought the queen and almost lost[/QUOTE]
King.

If only people would read "The Way We Never Were" before they attempted to make bold claims, using broad brushes, about the "way things are today" and the "way things used to be."

Which is rather amusing, as I suspect thrust is not a fan of the 99%/Occupy movements. And yet those groups have ample data pointing to a clear shift in the concentration of wealth. They've mathematically demonstrated a substantial shift in the "way things are" versus the "way things used to be."

But instead I'm confident that thrust has no such love for the group who has shown such a shift, a group who stands behind a desire to move to things as they once were - economically, that is.

Instead, you want the world to be a carbon copy of "My Three Sons" and other 1950's "Nick at Nite" programming. Which is never how we were. In half a century, I sure hope thrust's grandkids don't harken for a desire to return to the way things were - you know, like Everybody Loves Raymond.

What's funny about all this is the incredulity of Ventura, of the Alex Jones nutjob brigade, and of thrustbucket.

Because the challenge was tossed out because it wasn't filed in the right court, not because the challenge had no merit.

I had a relative who, in a drunken stupor in the middle of the night at a Waffle House (we've all been there, and if you haven't, you should try it), nearly got into a fight with the staff because they wouldn't make him pancakes. "IT'S THE SAME SHIT!" (as waffle batter) he loudly declared. "JUST POUR IT ON THE fuckING GRIDDLE! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!"

I feel that this is quite akin to what Ventura is doing here.

Clearly he ain't got time to bleed but plenty of time to simultaneously run his mouth and rest his laurels.

[quote name='mykevermin']If only people would read "The Way We Never Were" before they attempted to make bold claims, using broad brushes, about the "way things are today" and the "way things used to be."

Which is rather amusing, as I suspect thrust is not a fan of the 99%/Occupy movements. And yet those groups have ample data pointing to a clear shift in the concentration of wealth. They've mathematically demonstrated a substantial shift in the "way things are" versus the "way things used to be."

But instead I'm confident that thrust has no such love for the group who has shown such a shift, a group who stands behind a desire to move to things as they once were - economically, that is.

Instead, you want the world to be a carbon copy of "My Three Sons" and other 1950's "Nick at Nite" programming. Which is never how we were. In half a century, I sure hope thrust's grandkids don't harken for a desire to return to the way things were - you know, like Everybody Loves Raymond.[/QUOTE]
Sadly, they will most likely look back to Jersey Shore for a look at how things were.

[quote name='mykevermin']WILL YOU STOP?

marellarobertbio.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very, very few things on this planet make me happier.

"You know why there were only 220 Mexicans at the Alamo? They only had one car."
"WILL you stop?!"

[quote name='mykevermin']Which is rather amusing, as I suspect thrust is not a fan of the 99%/Occupy movements. And yet those groups have ample data pointing to a clear shift in the concentration of wealth. They've mathematically demonstrated a substantial shift in the "way things are" versus the "way things used to be."[/QUOTE]

That OWS managed to get Paul Ryan, yes that Paul Ryan, Mr. Ayn Rand himself, to talk about income inequality at ALL, is a huge accomplishment in itself.

[quote name='mykevermin'] Because the challenge was tossed out because it wasn't filed in the right court, not because the challenge had no merit.[/QUOTE]

I know VEntura doesn't feel this way, but I know a lot of right wingers who blame liberals for the TSA patdowns and shit. Everyone's getting a patdown because liberals won't allow us to racially profile Murslims.

[quote name='Survivalism']Very, very few things on this planet make me happier.

"You know why there were only 220 Mexicans at the Alamo? They only had one car."
"WILL you stop?!"
[/QUOTE]

Heenan and Monsoon were hilarious; now those were the days... the good old WWF... nowadays wrestling and it's commentators pretty much suck and are nearly unwatchable... if only we could return to the good old days! ;)

So lets see, you've got an old white guy, who for whatever reasons, just needs something to bitch about. Oh and he also wants to live (retire?) in Mexico.

Sounds like most old white people.

[quote name='BigT']Heenan and Monsoon were hilarious; now those were the days... the good old WWF... nowadays wrestling and it's commentators pretty much suck and are nearly unwatchable... if only we could return to the good old days! ;)[/QUOTE]

Now we've found something we can all agree on!

hurrah!

bread's done
Back