John "Earthquake" Tenta's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, at this point maybe Vince should consider taking the title off HHH for a little while just to stir things up. Hell why not move HHH out of the title picture alltogether, just for awhile, and see if ratings don't pick up. It's gotten far too predictable, as Scorch has indeed mapped out what will most likely happen. I'd like to see Orton vs HHH at the next ppv and Benoit vs Edge for the title.

Why not send everyone to SD! and end the fucking roster split. It was a bad idea 2 years ago, it was a bad idea yesterday, today, tomorrow and three years from now. I can't wait for some real competition to emerge, so then Vince must end the split and get things back to "normal"

[quote name='guyver2077']why not just send hhh to smackdown! get him off raw please!![/quote]

I actually like HHH. I just don't want him to have the title anymore. I've like him since the DX days. I don't want him off Raw. I enjoy his matches. I like how he pisses everyone off. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']why not just send hhh to smackdown! get him off raw please!![/quote]

I actually like HHH. I just don't want him to have the title anymore. I've like him since the DX days. I don't want him off Raw. I enjoy his matches. I like how he pisses everyone off. :lol:[/quote]

See he gets it. It's just time for HHH to take his character in a new direction, the current model hasn't "evolved" since his battles with Mick Foley.

Which is exactly why I want to see him in a face role again. I wanted to see Orton turn on him with Batista and Flair and just beat HHH senseless. No one would have expected it and that would've been just great. The only way HHH could feasibly turn face now, would be to move to SD (won't happen) or for the roster split to finally end.

yup hes a real life heel.....hes just annoying. and i hate the fact that he has too much power there. same thiing happened with nash

and hes not believable as a face...ill still hate him....

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']why not just send hhh to smackdown! get him off raw please!![/quote]

I actually like HHH. I just don't want him to have the title anymore. I've like him since the DX days. I don't want him off Raw. I enjoy his matches. I like how he pisses everyone off. :lol:[/quote]

See he gets it. It's just time for HHH to take his character in a new direction, the current model hasn't "evolved" since his battles with Mick Foley.[/quote]

HHH should lose the title, so he can get pissed and not wrestle for a month or so, during that time he'll promote Blade 3. After he comes back in time for WrestleMania, he'll fight Orton for the title. I like HHH as an asshole. He's good at it.

I'm in agreement with those who think HHH will walk off with the title next week. Bischoff's coming back, and he'll need to do something drastic to get into his role as bad guy.

The more I think about it, the whole McMahon "it's not fair" speech at the beginning of Raw made no sense; either he never watches the matches that have been made on his show over history of his company, or his favortism of his son-in-law is starting to show itself on television. Never before has a wrestling match been called off because it is "not fair." Horseshit. (no offense, ZL :wink:)

And I woke up this morning thinking about how lame the same finish was at the beginning and end of the show. I still like HHH as not-champ, but this is too improbable.

myke.

Jericho's still with WWE? :wink:

Which HHH was that, specifically, ZL? I can't recall at the moment.

myke.
...just watched an AMAZING Macho Man/Bret Hart match from 1987 SNME. I love my job.

[quote name='mykevermin']Jericho's still with WWE? :wink:

Which HHH was that, specifically, ZL? I can't recall at the moment.

myke.
...just watched an AMAZING Macho Man/Bret Hart match from 1987 SNME. I love my job.[/quote]

That was DX Jr. HHH, the DX without HBK. He'd jump up on the turnbuckle and yell "Who's got the goods" and then some woman in the audience would lift her shirt up. It was classic.

I thought that's what you were referring to. DX was excellent for their time.

myke.
...aww man, Hercules versus Bam Bam Bigelow is next!

DX lost HBK, only to gain X-Pac a day later. Keep in mind, if I recall, this was during a time when people *liked* X-Pac and were thrilled to see him return.

They then gained more notoriety with the New Age Outlaws; although I liked Rude, this DX was arguably better (since HBK wasn't the focal point).

Then again, people liked Konnan at one point in time, too.

myke.
...Strike Force versus The Bolsheviks!

and people like John Cena today for reasons I'll never understand...

The HBK DX is the only DX that I'll acknowledge as the "real" DX. I only liked X-Pac when he was the 1-2-3/Lightning Kid and upset Razor Ramon, setting off Razor for the next few weeks trying to lure the kid to the ring so he could beat his ass, only for them to end up as a tag team a year or so later, that was great.

yea the hbk dx was awesome

anywayz im pissed that i missed tna today because hall fought styles. i need to get my hands on it so i can see that. ill then post it up since theres so many hall fans!!

[quote name='guyver2077']yea the hbk dx was awesome

anywayz im pissed that i missed tna today because hall fought styles. i need to get my hands on it so i can see that. ill then post it up since theres so many hall fans!![/quote]

I am a huge Hall fan. I almost wished I had not seen the match.

Hall looks awful. He still moves well, but he looks like Flair did when he started wearing shirts in his matches (1999?).

The match also pointed out one of McMahon's philosophies in a major way. McMahon, of course, loves his men HUGE. Styles was dwarfed in every which way by Hall. To a viewer who knew neither guy, it would appear impossible for Styles to legitimately take on Hall.

The match itself was very good; a mid-90's style face-vs-heel match; very Razor-versus-The-Kid. Hell, Nash interfered, and Hall barely won. These two guys are, it seems for now, really interested in "making" Styles. Perhaps this is to make up for the way Jarrett worked with him.

myke.

Am I the only one that remembers him wrestling under the name "Tugboat" and dressed like a sailor?

EDIT: Nevermind, got him confused with another fat tool

Tugboat_-_Fred_Ottman_01.jpg

OOOOOH, I thought he was talking about Scott Hall. As his post follows a few talking about Hall, I was thinking "hmm, Scott Hall was never fat"

Nevertheless, the "fat tool" comment was unwarranted. Besides, since he became inactive (and got cancer :() it would appear as though John Tenta has lost a tremendous amount of weight.

anybody know where I can get Edge and Christian's new theme songs ? Christians sounds alittle like Lacuna Coil and Edges just starts out really cool.

[quote name='goukill1120']anybody know where I can get Edge and Christian's new theme songs ? Christians sounds alittle like Lacuna Coil and Edges just starts out really cool.[/quote]

www.thesledgehammer.net

Awesome site, people try their best to get full quality themes as soon as the people use them.. even make edits and stuff to arena recorded stuff, awesome place.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='guyver2077']yea the hbk dx was awesome

anywayz im pissed that i missed tna today because hall fought styles. i need to get my hands on it so i can see that. ill then post it up since theres so many hall fans!![/quote]

I am a huge Hall fan. I almost wished I had not seen the match.

Hall looks awful. He still moves well, but he looks like Flair did when he started wearing shirts in his matches (1999?).

The match also pointed out one of McMahon's philosophies in a major way. McMahon, of course, loves his men HUGE. Styles was dwarfed in every which way by Hall. To a viewer who knew neither guy, it would appear impossible for Styles to legitimately take on Hall.

The match itself was very good; a mid-90's style face-vs-heel match; very Razor-versus-The-Kid. Hell, Nash interfered, and Hall barely won. These two guys are, it seems for now, really interested in "making" Styles. Perhaps this is to make up for the way Jarrett worked with him.

myke.[/quote]

was this the PPV or did they move impact to Wed.?

I don't know the name of Edge's new theme but I glad he got a new one. The other one he had was awful. It was only good for the "5 second pose" Edge not the "mean sumbitch" Edge.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='goukill1120']anybody know where I can get Edge and Christian's new theme songs ? Christians sounds alittle like Lacuna Coil and Edges just starts out really cool.[/quote]

www.thesledgehammer.net

Awesome site, people try their best to get full quality themes as soon as the people use them.. even make edits and stuff to arena recorded stuff, awesome place.[/quote]

BOOOO! I used to be a member of www.themetitan.com before it closed down the forums. They had some of the most dedicated theme remixers and theme finders out there. Mostly Sledgehammer would steal off of them.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']was this the PPV or did they move impact to Wed.?[/quote]

Fox Sports had it at an awkward time b/c of some sports special last Friday. It was on at 2PM Tuesday (or something like that).

All hail the perceptiveness of tivo!

myke.
...can anyone cap programs? I told a kid at school I'd cap the Angle invitational tonight (a friend of his from Pennsylvania is the chump tonight), but I realized that I formatted my Mac two weeks ago, essentially killing my ability to easily cap it. fuck.

[quote name='mykevermin']soo...anyone watching turning point?[/quote]

Nope, but I changed my avatar to Razor Ramon for the occasion. Hopefully gyver will post a small clip of the Savage, Hardy, Styles/ KOW match

Good to see the bad guy back. The Berserker narrowly won over an old pic of Hall (with the Magnum PI moustache) as my new avatar. It sounds (from the results) like a good show, but I've seen Team Canada cheat to win enough. I don't need to pay to see it.

I did like the winner of the X-title match though (no spoilers from me).

myke.

Hall can still have a passable match.

Savage...wow, what can I say? I would have broken my television in disgust if I ordered Turning Point.

Blurring out the WWE guy's faces? Jeezus.

This company needs to die; I don't think they will ever get it.

Case in point; the Raven/DDP fued doesn't have much behind it yet. They are angry at each other, and Erik Watts has something to do with it. The fans don't know what, though. The key thing to do is HAVE THE HEEL GO OVER IN THE FIRST MATCH. Nobody wants to see a feud continue after the face wins a major match, ESPECIALLY after a major match in which there is no huge development in the match (perhaps a face could win a big match, but his partner/manager turns on him, furthering the storyline). But what is there to do now that DDP won? What happened because DDP won? Fans get behind a face's cause; we got behind Hogan because Savage was a paranoid womanizer when dealing with Elizabeth (and you know what they say about life and art). There was not enough buildup for DDP to go over. fucking lame.

The Williams/Sabin match had a decent build-up (although if the Destroyer was not such a visually cool move, it might not work), and that's an example of good work. This DDP "You didn't come to my world title party" bullshit resonates with nobody. They had a great fued in WCW, but who remembers that?

myke.

I think it all comes from TNA needing 2 hours for Impact. 1 hour just is not allowing enough build up in stories.

and Hall spent his days drinking too much beer since he left the WWE. If you give him a few weeks, I bet he gets into shape and looks much better

I hope you're right Casey. It may not matter, though, if he has to work with Savage.

I cross my fingers that Jakks will make a Collector's Edition Razor Ramon. Not Scott Hall, but Razor. Ooh, man. I almost bought Tito Santana this weekend JUST to have a figure sized replica of the old (and better) intercontinental title.

myke.

Not too shabby a Raw tonight, course I was waiting for Y2J to be GM.

That Lita dive was just plain sick, it was hard to watch the replay and not think she broke her damn neck.

And a quick question if anyone else noticed, what the hell was that blood spot from in the last match? I think it was where Benoit was laying, but they didn't show anything.

Are you kidding? Raw was fucking awful tonight like usual. Hey, here's an idea - let's do the FOURTH bait and switch in the past two month.. tell people that we're going to announce who the champ is, only to announce the decision next week! Retarded. Everyone's so focused on Bischoff's decision. I guarentee you that Eric will do a swerve and secretly be on Evolution's side and give Triple H the belt. This will cause Batista to become angry and then he'll split off from the group and go after the belt.

I'm not sure why I watched it tonight if it was so awful.

I cross my fingers that Jakks will make a Collector's Edition Razor Ramon. Not Scott Hall, but Razor. Ooh, man. I almost bought Tito Santana this weekend JUST to have a figure sized replica of the old (and better) intercontinental title.

I didn't notice that series 4 was already on shelves. I found Dude Love this weekend. Here's series 5, coming soon.

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Sbundy.jpg

King Kong Bundy

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Sbrutus.jpg

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Ssheik.jpg

The Iron Shiek

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Svolkoff.jpg

Nikolai Volkoff

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Sfunk.jpg

Terry Funk (WOO~!)

Copyright_2004_Ringside_Collectibles_cs5Sorndorf.jpg

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorf

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']That Lita bump was SICK. I jumped when I saw it. I seriously thought she hurt or killed herself.[/quote]

I totally agree. My heart just about stopped. That was sickening to think that she had fought to come back from her neck injury to have her career possibly ended after that... but it looked like she came through pretty good!

[quote name='Zincdust'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']That Lita bump was SICK. I jumped when I saw it. I seriously thought she hurt or killed herself.[/quote]

I totally agree. My heart just about stopped. That was sickening to think that she had fought to come back from her neck injury to have her career possibly ended after that... but it looked like she came through pretty good![/quote]

Yeah thank god shes alright. And she put on a pretty good match for once :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='mykevermin']soo...anyone watching turning point?[/quote]

Nope, but I changed my avatar to Razor Ramon for the occasion. Hopefully gyver will post a small clip of the Savage, Hardy, Styles/ KOW match[/quote]

getting on it right away. maybe ill have it up tomm

I just downloaded most matches from the TNA PPV. The WWE footage was lame, the Raven/DDP match was awesome, and I'm starting the six man tag right now.

I didn't even notice Hall and Nash in the outfits. Hall looks like he's seriously, seriously packed on the pounds. Hardy looks in fairly good shape.

This is my first time watching an NWA-TNA match.. a full one, at least. AJ Styles is pretty impressive. Nash looks like a tard with short hair.

I'm quite impressed with the quality of these matches. I knew they were good, but this is awesome. Raven's one of my favorite wrestlers of ALL time. DDP used to be one, and after this match, he might be again, because that Raven and DDP match was just flat out cool. I guess it might be partly due to who was in the match, but I dunno, it was cool.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']That Lita bump was SICK. I jumped when I saw it. I seriously thought she hurt or killed herself.[/quote]

I was there in Charlotte, & I thought her neck was broken for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back