John's big thread of site news, fixes, updates, and more! Something broken? Report it here.

Did the daily web server restart. Added a bunch of debug measures so the next time I catch it happening, hopefully I can nail it.
It has been pure butter since the reset. Thank you! Now just have that thing automatically reset every few minutes and we'll be good...

Question:  Is it possible to have an option to go to the first unread post of a thread if I am viewing that thread from the "Content I Follow" link, or if it's something I can do now how would I do that?

Question: Is it possible to have an option to go to the first unread post of a thread if I am viewing that thread from the "Content I Follow" link, or if it's something I can do now how would I do that?
On the desktop site, hover over the space between the thread title and number of replies. Click the arrow, and you'll get a drop-down menu of first post, first unread post, and last post.

Can you make it so people can like more than 100 posts in 24 hours? I'm tired of seeing people in PSNOT complain about it.
Tell them to collectively keep their post count under 100 posts per 24 hours.

Question: Is it possible to have an option to go to the first unread post of a thread if I am viewing that thread from the "Content I Follow" link, or if it's something I can do now how would I do that?
Don't know if pitfall was being serious or not, but you don't need to go that far. Just click the green circle or orange star to the left of each thread.

Notifications are back to not loading, I get this all day, been like this for the last 3-4 days

[attachment=20739:Screenshot 2016-02-28 at 9.03.47 PM.png]

Notifications are back to not loading, I get this all day, been like this for the last 3-4 days

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2016-02-28 at 9.03.47 PM.png
I'm famous!!!

Also, when I clicked on my three notifications, there was nothing there. Also, when I went to view all notifications it was empty.

Trying to upload a different avatar...nothing will upload. Tried a variety of file sizes/types and no luck.
I've had a lot of trouble with that in the last few months; the only thing that's ever worked for me is linking to an image url instead of trying to upload one from my computer.

Also, redirects to the front page are happening again. It seems to only happen in the mornings for me, but it's almost always consistent every day.

just got redirect when going to the next page in a thread.

Still cant save login info in firefox even after a browser reset without addons/plugins. Something wrong with CAG itself.

The homepage redirects seem much more random this time, and does not seem easy to duplicate the occurrence.

Very strange...and kind of annoying. :p

It appears that the CAG servers were overwhelmed earlier today and were unable to respond to web requests.  Anything major happen?

I've had a lot of trouble with that in the last few months; the only thing that's ever worked for me is linking to an image url instead of trying to upload one from my computer.

Also, redirects to the front page are happening again. It seems to only happen in the mornings for me, but it's almost always consistent every day.
That did it! Thanks for the help.

Error: Unable to connect to tcp://10.30.200.20:9200. Error: Connection refused

Moderators and site builders, this is popping up whenever I tried to search a game under "products".  Please fix that.

Ok, had enough of the URL rewriting issue. Have disabled it until I can get around to rewriting Invision's URL parsing code. 

It's been really bad today.
It should improve now, we've disabled URL rewriting. If you're still having the problem from this point forward, are you clicking on URLs in email notifications, or through general forum browsing?

Redirects are certainly acting up, can't even get past the front page most of the time, just trying to get to the video game deals forum but just about any link I've tried does this. Worst it has been.
I need the exact links that are doing this.

I'm on mobile, there is some sort of pop-up coming on claiming I won a Mac/ Apple product. The link is being made to look like it's from Amazon. Happened yesterday and just happened right now, I'll take a photo next time it happens.

Have implemented a round of changes to try and sort out this front page redirection issue - if it happens again, it means that those changes totally didn't work. Let me know if you spot it happening again.

I think another side effect is that our collection/wishlist/played list totals and the "Has been playing" line on all posts is gone again. Interestingly, your collection totals show, but I don't think they're accurate.
Want to add, for post numbers, it seems like the collection and wishlist numbers now reflect after an addition (or deletion?). Beaten numbers do not. On the home page and under the "games" nav tab, beaten and playing will reflect with changes, but collection and wishlist do not.

Also, even after two test additions (to make the post collection number appear), my collection number in both places is not accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

attachicon.gif
Screenshot 2016-02-28 at 9.03.47 PM.png
This again, I don't know maybe it's me? Been doing this for week again. I've cleared my cookies and all site data and all that crap and it still does it. Anything I can do to fix it, it's a big nuisance for me since I pretty much live here 8-[

edit- Now its working at 12:58pm central but it wasn't earlier in the day, make up your mind you stupid notification box

ed- 15 minutes later it's broke again ha

Last edited by a moderator:
This again, I don't know maybe it's me? Been doing this for week again. I've cleared my cookies and all site data and all that crap and it still does it. Anything I can do to fix it, it's a big nuisance for me since I pretty much live here 8-[

edit- Now its working at 12:58pm central but it wasn't earlier in the day, make up your mind you stupid notification box

ed- 15 minutes later it's broke again ha
Yeah, notifications seem messed up. All my notifications cleared out and I haven't received anything since yesterday.

bread's done
Back