Join the CAG Extra Life Gaming Marathon Charity Team! - Saturday 10/17/09

I still say he cheats, because the whole thing is you are supposed to get other people to sponsor you. To his defense he cheats for a good cause.

Can we ( the cag team ) maybe play a multiplayer game together at some point? I think we should set this up before the event so we can have some sort of timetable?

[quote name='morph3us']I still say he cheats, because the whole thing is you are supposed to get other people to sponsor you. To his defense he cheats for a good cause.

Can we ( the cag team ) maybe play a multiplayer game together at some point? I think we should set this up before the event so we can have some sort of timetable?[/QUOTE]

It might be a bit too late to schedule anything, but I don't think you would be cheating if you got onto this forum during the marathon and posted something like "Hey, I'm playing Uncharted 2 right now. Add me and tell me you are from CAG and we'll play together."

I created an Xbox Live Silver account named CAGcharity and have invited all of the users listed in the thread.

EDIT: I was able to invite 8 people, until I exceeded the xbox live message quota. I will try and get up early to invite:

MX 148
retr0vertig0
bizsnatch9
Ty Webb 33

Anyone else missing?

For PSN, my name is Tiny415 -- I have been saving Uncharted 2 for tomorrow, so I am down for some good gaming time.

Any Wii? :)

[quote name='morph3us']I still say he cheats, because the whole thing is you are supposed to get other people to sponsor you. To his defense he cheats for a good cause.

Can we ( the cag team ) maybe play a multiplayer game together at some point? I think we should set this up before the event so we can have some sort of timetable?[/QUOTE]

And Morph, it is not cheating, there is an old adage in fund raising -- "You have to prime the pump"

I haven't joined the CAG team but I've been fund raising for this for a couple of months. Have raised over $900 so far! I'll be playing a different game each hour, so 24 in total. The people sponsoring me were able to choose the games so I have everything from Uncharted 2 to Pole Position, Final Fantasy (1!), DDR and Samba Di Amigo.

Also streaming on UStream :) My game list is at the bottom of this page: http://www.adamreeve.com/24in24/

Drop me a msg on XBLA or PSN (id: polymeric) if you feel like it!

half hour till we start hear in texas! im kickin it off with some ufc till my friend wakes up then we going destroy sacred 2, i wonder how many levels 4 hours straight play will get me

I just put down my donation. Almost forgot it was today...:oops:

I'm not participating as a 24 hour gamer, but I will be on randomly throughout the day.
If any CAGs want to play something, I will gladly join them.

ODST Firefight of Brutal Legend would be nice.

Gamertag: Wingwright

Just got an epic donation that I think put us over our goal. We are doing amazing for only have joined 3 days ago. Nice work everyone involved and good luck to everyone today! Stay Hydrated!

I just finished my first game: Parasite Eve for the PSX. Took me over 14 hours, but I finished it!

This was the first squaresoft game I've ever finished in 1 sitting from opening cinematic to end credits.

First time I've played it and I would highly recommend it to someone wanting to go 'old school'.

Now starting Ghostbusters (PS3) for the first time....once installation finished -_-

Keep up the good work everyone!

I want to thank everyone who participated and donated. We are currently at $4,780.00. Let's see if we can squeeze a few more bucks out some people and hit $5k!

Wow, so finishing up here on the east coast. Man, that was tiring, but frickin awesome! I played Uncharted, Warhammer Online, Dawn of War 2, Red faction Geurilla, Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band Beatles, and Dead Space. Now I sleep!! Thanks for all your donations guys! CAG is such an awesome community.

I just finished! I am very very tired and will now sleep.

What I did:

8am -> 10pm (Full game of Parasite Eve)
10pm -> 4am ish (Ghostbusters PS3)
3am-> 6am ish (Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds)
6am -> 8am (Online Zynga Poker...yeah, maybe not the most 'cagish' thing out there...)

now time to sleep.

Congrats to everyone else who also did this, it was a long haul for me here doing it solo hope you all held up ok. It is worth it for the kids :)

Still going strong here on the west coast. Got another 3 hours or so. played like 4 hours of rock band, 10 hours of halo odst and rocking some smash bros right now.

Time to go to sleep.
I started out with comic zone on the ps2 sega genesis collection. I beat it after about 3 hours.
Then I played house of the dead 3 on the wii for a couple hours until I beat it. I played with my son on and off on multiplayer. But when I beat it it was just me playing while he made popcorn chicken for lunch.

Then I played NIGHTS(wii) for an hour and still have gotten pass the first level. I really hate the controls on this game.

Then I played Raving Rabbids tv for about 2 1/2 hours until beaten.

I then played super monkey ball on the ps2 for the majority of the time until I finally beat the last 3 worlds of story mode.

Then I after the family went to bed I played house of the dead overkill. I had not played this one before and had a blast. To bad my wife would have a cow if my 15 year old played this with me. It would be a blast (I know bad dad:) )
I played for several hours until I started just blanking out and losing all my reaction time.

So I played some wii fit games just to keep moving and stay awake to the finish.

I had kingdom hearts in the ds for breaks to begin with but switched to peggle a few hours in because it was easier to drop in and out on that one.

I realize after taking the time to type this that no one else probably cares and i am so tired it may not make any sense, but sorry I typed it out. I'll edit it for brevity and clarity latter.

Got through it in the end despite a couple of technical hitches. My 24 games are listed below (remember, I didn't get to choose them!)...total is standing at $913 raised. Very excited and strangely not too sleepy.

Galaga (XBLA)
GTA IV (Xbox 360)
Battlefield 1943 (Xbox 360)
Pole Position (Atari 2600)
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (DS)
Professor Layton (DS)
Call of Duty 4 Campaign (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty 4 Multi-player (Xbox 360)
Uncharted 2 (PS3)
Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360)
Dirt (Xbox 360)
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank Future (PS3)
Final Fantasy 1 (NES)
Puzzle Quest (XBLA)
Wipeout HD (PS3)
Samba Di Amigo (Wii)
Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
DDR Universe 2 (Xbox 360)
Tetris (XBLA)
Red Alert 3 (Xbox 360)
Pain (PS3)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Those last two hours where insane. My room mate was asleep, so I spent it with my PSP in bed. Sooo hard to stay awake.

Here is my list -
Uncharted 2
Resistance 2
Burnout Paradise
Ratchet and Clank : Quest for Booty
Harvest Moon : Boy or Girl (Ahh nostalgia. Time just flew by.)
WTF : Work Time Fun
Final Fantasy 7
Medievil
Halo 3
Left 4 Dead
Ikaruga
Braid
Earthworm Jim
Half Life : Blue Shift
Half Life : Oppsing Force
MDK 2
World of Goo
Solitaire

I would just like to congratulate everybody on this team. With only like...5 days to raise money, this website raised more than a lot of others. Who knew the CAG community was so giving?

And congratulations to everyone everywhere who was involved. Who would of thought our murder-inducing-useless-hobby would raise so much money for a good cause? And yet some people still refuse to give video games any serious credit.

Cheers, everybody.

My brain was just this lump of goo. I was playing Warhammer Online, and I didn't even know what my char was supposed to be doing, i ended up just running around and killing things for a while. :lol::lol:

Just woke up from the, 24 hour gaming marathon induced, coma.

It went well, took the shrink wrap off Uncharted 2 at 7:45am and the credits started rolling at 6:00pm. Then returned to Rapture to take out Sasha Cohen in Bioshock, and the credits started rolling at 11:00pm, which was followed up by Brutal Legend. After that a couple friends came over with Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2, and Wii Sports Resorts, which ended at 2:30am. This was followed up by Buzz TV until the PS3 frozen, so I went to Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars on the DS. It all ended at 8:03am, where I stumbled upstairs to bed.

Good job CAG for raising $4804.00

I signed up and sent the link to everyone on my twitter and facebook and they failed epically at supporting the cause...I sponsored myself and played some games...I'm sure I'll make up the 24hrs before the end of the week.

How did you guys get people to sponsor you? I know they are accepting donations until the 31st and I'd like to help more.

[quote name='blucadet3']I signed up and sent the link to everyone on my twitter and facebook and they failed epically at supporting the cause...I sponsored myself and played some games...I'm sure I'll make up the 24hrs before the end of the week.

How did you guys get people to sponsor you? I know they are accepting donations until the 31st and I'd like to help more.[/QUOTE]

Family members are gold. Also, if you are in good standings with your boss, they typically will help out a bit.

I got a bunch of people at work to do it, I know 24 buck is a lot for most people, but if you can get 10 bucks from 2 people, you are almost there!

That was alot of fun, i think next year cheapy should do a ustream video ( maybe so could wombat and the ships ) I think we could easily hit 10 k, if we had all those videos,

I did a run through of ODST on legendary which took me 12 hours, i played alot of halo3 and even played carracorrose ( spelling?) with MotzCTG .

Sadly I missed Wombats DM on twitter otherwise I would have done a playthrough of ultimate alliance with them.

I am a little disappointed with Mr Shipwreck, I was expecting more people to sponsor you.

I'll be ready next year and start making people aware before the weekend of. I think people were too preoccupied with their weekend plans of OU vs Texas and U2 at the OU Stadium. That or their hatred of Texas includes cancer kids? Surely not!

I did get another donation besides my own today! So, maybe more will trickle in. Good job team CAG on exceeding your goal! Glad to be even a small part of it.

Fun times. I got a lot of sleep yesterday, and yes I did make pancakes at around 9AM yesterday. lol

Yeah morph3us played some carcassonne with us. That game is so amazing. however there is no way to have guest play online so we basically passed the controller around. Sorry we didn't play anymore after that we were going for some achievements in odst.

I wish I could have participated in this. I found out about it too late and I signed up Friday night, but was unable to find any sponsors. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.

I just checked out my energy graph and there was a big spike on event day:
tumblr_kt0udt6PTm1qzumo9.png

It may look crazy but it is all off peak so it is only 5 cents a kw

bread's done
Back