Join the CAG Steam Community!

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']http://steamcommunity.com/id/FellOpenIan/

Been far too long. Also, is there a method for giving away codes? (extra Metro 2033 code)[/QUOTE]

Done.

As far as I know, the best method right now is using the Steam Code Drop Thread and simply posting the code, giving it to the first to PM/reply to your post, or something else a bit more creative like making people solve some sort of riddle or other trivia which is related to characters removed from the code. For instance:

(Code) 12345-67890-?????
????? = Common English Greeting

12345-67890-HELLO would be the code, in this example.

Of course, you can choose to get a little more creative, making people really work to get a code, which seems to be the best way for me since, even if it's a lurker, they'll have to do some work to get the code. For now though, the code giveaway system on CAG is still in its infancy, and is only available for use by CheapyD right now, so these are the most common and effective methods of giving away Steam codes.

Another great alternative is to use the SteamGifts website. You create a giveaway, and their system will randomly select a winner to whom you'll send the code via email or other means. They have a set of rules there, which you can easily find on the forums, as well as a minimum Steam account worth ($), but it's a nice little site to give away games as well as to enter giveaways yourself.

Take your pick. ;)

[quote name='Point Man']http://steamcommunity.com/id/Point_Man

Do you guys get together and play games or anything?[/QUOTE]

Not as much as you might expect. Although this is CAG, and people seem to collect more than they play, especially with Steam.

There are a few sub-groups for specific games, but I haven't seen any announcements pop up through Steam lately.

It does look like regular members of the group can schedule events, so anyone can take the initiative to set something up. For instance, the Killing Floor winter event is going on...

bread's done
Back