Joker figures...

darkasian

CAGiversary!
Heard they were rare. Managed to pick one up as a clerk was putting them out(actually there to get some Hulk figures). I've seen them on ebay ranging from $30-$50, with some asking for near $200 because their Joker has a grey shirt. You think it's worth hanging on to?

If you can find someone willing to buy it, I would dump it ASAP. I really doubt any of these Dark Knight figures are going to be worth anything a year or so down the line after the movie has come and gone.

I don't know anything about variants to this figure but I can say that when I was at Walmart last week they had a ton of Joker figures.

I'd wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release later this year. By then, all the hype for the movie will just start to be coming back and people will again be reminded that Heath Ledger is no longer with us...thus a perfect time to eBay the figure.

i saw a decent one pop up at target, the scarecrow was sorry looking though. check it out...

Hey guys... had wondered when someone would begin a thread on DARK KNIGHT figures. I'll share as much info as I've been able to gather over the course of the last cpl. months (apologies for the lengthy post). Assuming your referring to the smaller action figures (as opposed to the 12" DC Direct figures) the rare ones are the Mattel "MOVIE MASTERS". Shortly after release back in June they were pulled off shelves (not just the Joker one but ALL of them). This effected *WAVE 1* which was made up of Batman (masked + unmasked ) , Gotham Thugs (diff masks) and the aforementioned Joker.
According to Mattel (whom I personally called) the recall was not a gov. mandated recall, but a 'voluntary' recall based on issues in the plastic hardeners (NOTE: NOT lead-paint).
Following the recall, mid JULY *WAVE II* re-appeared @ retailers (NOTE: Haven't seen them anywhere except WALMART) - they apparently fixed their issues + also included 'airvents' in the side of the boxes. WAVE II as of now consists of Scarecrow, Joker and Batman from Batman Begins as well as a RARE figure that is known as Demon/Growl Batman - basically an all black batman. Despite initial speculations there's no visible difference btwn. the Joker from WAVE I vs WAVE II aside from the packaging/airholes. Prior to WAVE II making it's way to the shelves eBay pricing on Jokers skyrocketed up to $ 100.00+ for the Joker. Have gone down significantly since then. Alot of it was caused by Heath Ledger fantatics + the obvious RECALL-RUMOR.

This brings us to today where still I can only find WAVE IIs at WALMART and even those go quickly. I personally am still looking for the following 2 CHASE figures:

Batman (all black/Demon)
Batman (unmasked)

If anyone happens to come across them I'd be willing to buy.
Don't hesitate to ask me more Q's about these as I'm a big collector. I hope the post (despite being long) was educational. Do let me know what you guys are seing out there at RETAIL.

NOTE: Do not mix these up with the smaller figures - These are approx. 1 inch taller than the cheapo kiddie looking figures. They are easily distinguished as all figures come with a little baggie called "EVIDENCE BAG".

peaceout
REWN

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for a "Dark Knight" Joker figure or statue that stands more then 12 inches tall, to display on my collection shelf

Anybody know of one?

[quote name='Poor2More']hmm How big are these figures you speak of? and how much do they cost cause I might take a trip to Wal-mart[/QUOTE]

These figures are abourt $ 11.xx @ Walmart.
Here's a link to a (packaged) one:
I'd say 4-5 inches tall.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071808a.htm

INTERESTING SIDE FACT:
The Gotham City Thug figures come with DIFFERENT MASKS in the evidence bag. So despite the figure(s) being identical they have diff. masks that are displayed next to them in the baggie.

RARENESS (in order of listing)
Batman Unmasked
Batman Growl/Demon
Joker (somewhat more available since Wave II as per above post)

[quote name='Poor2More']I am looking for a "Dark Knight" Joker figure or statue that stands more then 12 inches tall, to display on my collection shelf

Anybody know of one?[/QUOTE]

In the USA you have a cpl. choices from "DC DIRECT"
http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=9619
[Joker Statue]

-and-
http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=9617
[Joker Figure]

Good luck finding them at reasonable prices since the movie release ;) - Try google'ing for 'em or eBay - THEY ARE AROUND but expect to pay upward of $ 100.00

There's even cooler (in my opinion) Japanese releases by HOT TOYS
They are harder to get as they are an import item. eBay is your friend, but also even higher priced than above DC Direct.

peaceout
REWN

As previously mentioned, the movie figures were recalled because the plastic content was different than what is printed on the packaging. They have apparently showing up again at retail, with the problem corrected.

The 12" Joker doll is $99 retail. There's also a 12" Batman, but no one seems to care. The store I work at bought a case of the Joker dolls (4 pcs) and sold all within 4 days, with one person buying 3 of the 4.

We tried to reorder but they are all gone (at least through Diamond Comics).

[quote name='Poor2More']I am looking for a "Dark Knight" Joker figure or statue that stands more then 12 inches tall, to display on my collection shelf

Anybody know of one?[/quote]

here ya go.....

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC04718lg.jpg

[quote name='Poor2More']^Where would I get that Bubblehead?[/quote]

They have them for like 12.99/14.99 I can't remember, at Border's.

Yeah - but that is only a 7 inch bobblehead and not 12+ inches as he requested. Just to clear that up before someone runs out to get 'em.

[quote name='rewn']Yeah - but that is only a 7 inch bobblehead and not 12+ inches as he requested. Just to clear that up before someone runs out to get 'em.[/quote]

Yea sorry, its not really 12 inches...I was kinda joking. But it is kinda cool.

Haha, I really wanted some kind of Heath Ledger joker figure, but considering those ridiculous eBay prices, I just went with the free one that came in a box of Cheerios:

1000174fx1.jpg

#1. That is the most realistic bobblehead sculpt I've ever seen.

#2. The free cheerios joker? talk about a downgrade...

I've read on eBay descriptions a claim of there being a recall because the 1st joker issued (and thug, possibly) were "too scary and realistic", so they reissued them as wave 2 with a less Ledger-like resemblance. I'm sure it's a crock of crap, and the post on CAG about the plastics sounds much more legit, especially since I have yet to see 2 different joker faces other than what's on the back of the package and what's actually in the package, but that happens 90% of the time (usually with a disclaimer saying products on package are prototype shots for picture purposes only).

Heh, I have the Batman bobble head. I think Joker would scare the children. :\

They are pretty nice for the price, if you're into bobble heads.

Thanks for the info rewn. I've been franticly hunting for a Movie Master Joker. I always seem to come up short. As best as I can tell from the research I've done they're 4 figure cases with 2 Batman's, 1 Scarecrow and 1 Joker or Chase Figure. Everywhere I go has dwindled down to just Batman Begin's Figures. :(
-G

bread's done
Back