Joust for 49 cents XBLA

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
I just bought Joust last night for 49 cents!!!! I saw the deal at slickdeals.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Joust-XBLA-Download/

The whole process made me nervous but it's so worth it. I was friggin nervous about the whole process but the reviews and ratings at resellerratings were pretty high. so after you place the order, they'll give you a call within a half an hour. they'll ask you for your full name and your billing address. and then they'll process the order, and after that, you log into their web site, go to your orders, and then click on the little image to view your DLC code that you enter on your Xbox or at Xbox.com in the redeem code section. and voila!

the other thing that made me nervous is the game has been removed from XBLA because it's a Midway game and because Midway went bye-bye and there was licensing issues, a bunch of Midway games got removed including Joust. but I entered the DLC code and everything worked!!!

Joust has versus and co-op. Co-op is when one person runs out of lives, the game ends for both of you. And your score is added together. it has ranked matches but who knows if you can find people to play online (though didn't have time to try and with Xbox Live being slammed by all the updates, it wasn't worth it).

The game looks great and plays great. I don't remember if it's arcade perfect in terms of gameplay. but the graphics were spruced up a bit (not to the point of being a modern game but better than the original graphics).

for 49 cents!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wilim5yFaWE

if this has already been posted, so sorry! just got so excited for 49 cents! :D

Well, what the hell. Have some funds in my paypal account from some code sales on Ebay, just for an extra layer of safety in buying from a site I'm new to. A delisted XBLA game for $0.50? Why not go ahead and do it?

I got this game free with an Xbox Live kit years ago, maybe now there might be a few people online to get the online specific achievements.

[quote name='Kitoro']Easy 200/200 GS. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Funny I went to x360a.org to check how hard the achievements are and somebody had posted this deal there more than 2 months ago.

WTF kinda website calls to verify orders? I'm at work and can't be bothered. If it's up tonight I may bite. It's worth double what a arcade play would cost just to play it again.

[quote name='$hady']WTF kinda website calls to verify orders? I'm at work and can't be bothered. If it's up tonight I may bite. It's worth double what a arcade play would cost just to play it again.[/QUOTE]

There really is no reason to call at all...

I would like to do it but I don't want to talk to people on the phone.

the achievements are pretty easy to get (at least the gimmes). my friend and I played it last night and the achievement notification kept popping up gangbusters during our co-op gaming sessions.

[quote name='kevgret']There really is no reason to call at all...

I would like to do it but I don't want to talk to people on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I can think of is that since they digitally deliver codes, and that is all they do, they just put this block up as an extra deterrent against people using stolen credit cards? They aren't a big company, so one individual buying a ton of stuff with a stolen card could put them out of business. Just a thought. Apparently it is only for the first order, which will also probably be my last.

I placed an order a little while ago. They called a little while later and I missed the call. I was approved anyway and just added Joust to my DL queue.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I got my code but no call and that's my first time using that place.[/QUOTE]

maybe they realized that it's stupid to make a zillion phone calls to reply to tons of orders. maybe it's a mom and pop place that didn't think they'd have to do so many orders at once.

Awww, I didn't get a call. They must not like me. Anyway, got my code and it worked. It's sitting in my download queue for when I get home. Thanks OP!

Hi folks,

First off, thank you for pointing out the deal, OP!

I ordered the game using PayPal, and it was my first order with them. I didn't receive a call, but my order was approved and I was given the code via their website, regardless. It was worth a shot! Thanks again!

Wierd how you get the code. I wonder who took a picture of all those codes. Anyway got mine and no phone call. Hopefully no money goes missing from my account. They also have alan wake for $10 if anyone wanted to know.

Since you guys aren't getting calls I bought one with PayPal. If I get a call I will just deal with it. 49 cents is just too fucking cheap to turn down.

I bit on this, thank you OP. I do wish there was some way to get the other de-listed games. I grew up playing Robotron and Paperboy and Tapper, but I didn't own an Xbox 360 until after all of those games got pulled from XBLA.

[quote name='chopper']I bit on this, thank you OP. I do wish there was some way to get the other de-listed games. I grew up playing Robotron and Paperboy and Tapper, but I didn't own an Xbox 360 until after all of those games got pulled from XBLA.[/QUOTE]

I know! I so would like to get Cyberball (even though it's a sucky non-tournament version with no online play and no head to head). I miss Cyberball so much!!!!!!!!!!! My friend and I occasionally play it over the net on the PC but it'd be nice to have more players.

I'm just praying that nothing goes wrong with this. I can imagine my friends torching my house.

My order of 6 went through. Got all 6 codes and no phone call. It's funny how they took a picture of the code though lol.

I just got a call to make sure I received my codes. The guy said they noticed a spike in the sales of these and even mentioned he heard it was posted on CAG. Sweet!

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Just ordered one... I think it's dumb that they have to call you... Hopefully I can get it within the hour...[/QUOTE]

I had all 6 of my codes within 5 minutes.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I know! I so would like to get Cyberball (even though it's a sucky non-tournament version with no online play and no head to head). I miss Cyberball so much!!!!!!!!!!! My friend and I occasionally play it over the net on the PC but it'd be nice to have more players.

I'm just praying that nothing goes wrong with this. I can imagine my friends torching my house.[/QUOTE]

when I moved into my house I purchased an arcade cabinet of cyberball.. one of my all time favs

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Just ordered one... I think it's dumb that they have to call you... Hopefully I can get it within the hour...[/QUOTE]
They approved mine without a phone call, and a bunch of other people as well, apparently. It's probably likely you'll be approved without it as well. Just refresh your order page every few minutes.

Man... Tried to grab one for myself and one for my friend. The first three times they never called and I never received a code, then within 30 minutes they canceled the order saying they tried to contact me. I made sure all my information was correct each time, and now its OOS. I guess it's for the best...

Still, thanks for the heads up!

Edit: One of my orders went through, but I got a call from them saying it was out of stock and that since it was a one-time thing, and that they got about 500 of them a while back but aren't going to be getting any more. Ah well, it's good to see that their support seems to be on top of things!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back