Joystiq: BS Announcement - IBM shipping processors

[quote name='Roufuss']Why would someone give Joystiq a huge exclusive?[/quote]

Might not be an exclusive. Might just be some news that can't be released to the public until 9/8/06.

[quote name='shipwreck']Might not be an exclusive. Might just be some news that can't be released to the public until 9/8/06.[/quote]

Oh, gotcha.

The way it was worded made it sound Joystiq exclusive.

Rumor: Wii is actually as powerful as the Xbox 360, will cost $250 but has no additional multimedia capabilities (like DVD/CD/mp3 playback). All movies and demos seen so far were running on Gamecube hardware only. Zelda TP on launch day in October followed by Metroid Prime 3 in November and Super Smash Brothers in December.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh, gotcha.

The way it was worded made it sound Joystiq exclusive.[/quote]

That's the way you want to do it.

They'll be major console news on CAG tonight at 12:05! Tell your friends.

[quote name='javeryh']Rumor: Wii is actually as powerful as the Xbox 360, will cost $250 but has no additional multimedia capabilities (like DVD/CD/mp3 playback). All movies and demos seen so far were running on Gamecube hardware only. Zelda TP on launch day in October followed by Metroid Prime 3 in November and Super Smash Brothers in December.[/quote]

The funny thing about your rumor is that I read that a European developer said something almost exactly like that. They said that all of the graphics seen so far have been from the GC and were shown that way on purpose.

I highly doubt that it is true, but who the hell knows at this point.

[quote name='javeryh']Rumor: Wii is actually as powerful as the Xbox 360, will cost $250 but has no additional multimedia capabilities (like DVD/CD/mp3 playback). All movies and demos seen so far were running on Gamecube hardware only. Zelda TP on launch day in October followed by Metroid Prime 3 in November and Super Smash Brothers in December.[/quote] Heh, actually DVD is rumored to not be included, as it's not listed on the official hardware page. Not a definite either way, of course. Ah well, I've been staying up almost till midnight most nights anyway for some reason, guess I'll push it an extra few minutes to see what the story is.

[quote name='javeryh']Rumor: Wii is actually as powerful as the Xbox 360, will cost $250 but has no additional multimedia capabilities (like DVD/CD/mp3 playback). All movies and demos seen so far were running on Gamecube hardware only. Zelda TP on launch day in October followed by Metroid Prime 3 in November and Super Smash Brothers in December.[/quote]

Wii isnt as powerful as any of the next gen. It looks as powerful as the Xbox with more shading and lighting filters. The polys look horrible.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']there big scoop is that IGN has a big scoop[/quote]

Yeah, that could be true. Matt from IGN posted the following comments in the newest Wii mailbag:

" We may even announce a new game this week. And hey, maybe we'll show you a new attachment. Am I dropping enough hints here for you? I won't write anymore as I'm sure everything will fall through now that I've teased it, anyway."

Those are some announcements, but they are not major, IMO.

[quote name='Number83']Devil May Cry 4 on the 360. Bank on it.[/quote]
Seems logical, but worthy of a teaser post like that? It just seems like it should be something bigger.

But there I go getting my hopes up again.

[quote name='evilmax17']Seems logical, but worthy of a teaser post like that? It just seems like it should be something bigger.

But there I go getting my hopes up again.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember "Rockstar has big news in store for all of us!!" and it was Rockstar's Table Tennis.

Or what about the MEGATON announcement? I remember that being something kind of trivial and stupid as well. Or Sega's big announcement turning out to be something about Matrix Online, I don't remember.

It's not exclusive to Joystiq, I know at least 1up has the info as well, and I'm assuming most of the major news sites and blogs will have it.

Because this seems to be under an NDA until midnight, it certainly seems like it will be something "good" and not more bad news (PS3 pushed until late '07, etc). Paul Gale from 1up said in Kotaku's comment section that "tonight will rock," which further adds to the theory that it's good news. With that in mind, I don't think he would have said it would "rock" unless it were Nintendo news, lest people mock him for daring to suggest something Microsoft or Sony is doing will rock.

FIVE PIECES OF IRRESPONSIBLE, RANDOM SPECULATION...in order of "likely" to "way out there nonsense that will not happen":

1. Some surprising feature/aspect of the Wiivolution announced for the first time.

2. Guitar Hero II for 360. We know it's coming EVENTUALLY, maybe now is the time? Devil May Cry or MGS4 are two others that are less likely but still a remote possibility.

3. Price of the Wii announced and/or early Wii release date. I'd think they would save this for their upcoming event, but who knows.

4. One of the three consoles announces backwards compatiblity with the Dreamcast. This long rumored/wished-for fanboy fantasy will never come true, but it always seems to be mentioned at least once. That said, placing this under an NDA wouldn't make much sense.

5. Microsoft has bought Nintendo. The Wii will still be all "Nintendo," but after that they will work together on all future projects, including the Microsoft handheld. Reggie's penis will be grafted onto J Allard's bald head, and he will proceed to beat Kaz Hirai with a Slim Jim until he is DEAD.

Ppl on the West Coast get to hear it at 9:00, will I get to he tomorrow morning at 6:00 right before I go to school. God damned West Coasters.

It's not exclusive to Joystiq, I know at least 1up has the info as well, and I'm assuming most of the major news sites and blogs will have it.

Because this seems to be under an NDA until midnight, it certainly seems like it will be something "good" and not more bad news (PS3 pushed until late '07, etc). Paul Gale from 1up said in Kotaku's comment section that "tonight will rock," which further adds to the theory that it's good news. With that in mind, I don't think he would have said it would "rock" unless it were Nintendo news, lest people mock him for daring to suggest something Microsoft or Sony is doing will rock.

FIVE PIECES OF IRRESPONSIBLE, RANDOM SPECULATION...in order of boring, likely information to way out there nonsense that will not happen but would kick fucking ass:

1. Some surprising feature/aspect of the Wiivolution announced for the first time.

2. Guitar Hero II for 360. We know it's coming EVENTUALLY, maybe now is the time? Devil May Cry or MGS4 are two others that are less likely but still a remote possibility.

3. Price of the Wii announced and/or early Wii release date. I'd think they would save this for their upcoming event, but who knows.

4. One of the three consoles announces backwards compatiblity with the Dreamcast. This long rumored/wished-for fanboy fantasy will never come true, but it always seems to be mentioned at least once. That said, placing this under an NDA wouldn't make much sense.

5. Microsoft has bought Nintendo. The Wii will still be all "Nintendo," but after that they will work together on all future projects, including the Microsoft handheld. Reggie's penis will be grafted onto J Allard's bald head, and he will proceed to beat Kaz Hirai with a Slim Jim until he is DEAD.

[quote name='Kuros']Special Genital Moisturizer attachment for the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Bitch, I go old skool home and hand made on that shizz.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned in the past 3-4 years of game rumor-mongering, it's that nine times out of ten, you are being told directly what to expect right there to your face.

Using the phrase "it's going to rock" almost assuredly points to something about Guitar Hero 2.

I'm going to place my bet on it heading to the 360, a full song list blowout, online play, etc etc.

I can't imagine it's Nintendo related simply because we have a week to go on that, and I'd wager the big N wants to hoard all that hype to itself.

But we'll see in about 9 hours.

Reggie's penis will be grafted onto J Allard's bald head, and he will proceed to beat Kaz Hirai with a Slim Jim until he is DEAD.

Someone please photoshop this now! :lol:

My hopes:

--major game announcement for the 360. or anything regarding the 360 for that matter.

--Wii price and release date.

the clues seems to point to a nintendo announcement, but the DMC4 countdown ends tonight

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Devil May Cry 4 on the 360.

I called it 1st last week, I call it today.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't doubt it, if its somehow MGS4 that would seem to be checkmate for Sony.

[quote name='Apossum']Someone please photoshop this now! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to find a cock big enough.

And even if you did, the filesize would number in the terabytes.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Devil May Cry 4 on the 360.

I called it 1st last week, I call it today.[/quote]

A guy from 1up.com responded to someone's comment about it being news about DMC4. He said it is not about DMC4.

As far as Strell's comments about it being GH2 for the 360, why not GH2 for the Wii as well? IGN said that they may be announcing a new game AND a new accessory for Wii this week, sounds plausible to me.

[quote name='Strell']You won't be able to find a cock big enough.

And even if you did, the filesize would number in the terabytes.[/QUOTE]

That might violate the restraining order Reggie took out on you :p

Kotaku:

"an upcoming console"

"a wee bit of analysis"

There goes my 360 speculation. Shall I just delete my earlier post, or preserve it so the Reggie's cock/Allard's head murder scenario is preserved for eternity?

[quote name='Strell']:([/QUOTE]

that's the face you'll be making when you go to Federal "pound me in the ass" Prison. Reggie....Serious Business

reggie01.jpg

Between the "it's going to rock" from the 1up guy and Kotaku's "upcoming console/wee bit" thing...

...Guitar Hero companion game with more/different instruments? Seems too weird to be true. I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes. I'm not Sherlock fucking ANYONE, for that matter. I'm just a caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me.

[quote name='Apossum']that's the face you'll be making when you go to Federal "pound me in the ass" Prison. Reggie....Serious Business

reggie01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Strell, do your magic.

Given the clues, I'd guess that the Wii has a new launch title, Pet Rock simulator.

[quote name='thegarageband']Hmm... I'm placing my bet on M$ new promo for the holiday season:

Buy a premium XBOX 360, get a FREE pet rock.[/quote]You mean FREE Premium pet rock.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Between the "it's going to rock" from the 1up guy and Kotaku's "upcoming console/wee bit" thing...

...Guitar Hero companion game with more/different instruments? Seems too weird to be true. I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes. I'm not Sherlock fucking ANYONE, for that matter. I'm just a caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me.[/QUOTE]

Tambourine Hero!

Err...topic marked. I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering in terms of news (isn't the hype always 10X better than the announcement anyway?), but I have to admit I'm intrigued.

There will be a special "Zamfir- Master of the Pan Flute" signature series flute that will work with an upcoming Red Octane Wii game and Zelda Twilight Princess.

104.jpg

[quote name='KaneRobot']Between the "it's going to rock" from the 1up guy and Kotaku's "upcoming console/wee bit" thing...

...Guitar Hero companion game with more/different instruments? Seems too weird to be true. I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes. I'm not Sherlock fucking ANYONE, for that matter. I'm just a caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me.[/quote]

You may be more right than you think--I believe a few months ago there was a rumor that the makers of Guitar Hero were working on a music game for next-gen consoles that made Guitar Hero "look like a children's toy," or something of that nature.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Strell, do your magic.

Given the clues, I'd guess that the Wii has a new launch title, Pet Rock simulator.[/QUOTE]

Strell can't hear you now. the feds have taken him away.

bread's done
Back