Jump Ultimate Stars Discussion/Friend Code Thread

I've never owned JSS so I'm not sure how the koma system worked in that one. In JUS, it's pretty easy to tell which komas are from which manga series. The system is set up so that you can choose which manga series you want to put in the koma panel and it'll display the komas that you unlocked so far in that particular series.

As for the link to the translation walkthrough, I use Genroh's walkthrough at gamefaqs: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/jump_ultimate_stars.txt

[quote name='Renald']I've never owned JSS so I'm not sure how the koma system worked in that one. In JUS, it's pretty easy to tell which komas are from which manga series. The system is set up so that you can choose which manga series you want to put in the koma panel and it'll display the komas that you unlocked so far in that particular series.

As for the link to the translation walkthrough, I use Genroh's walkthrough at gamefaqs: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/jump_ultimate_stars.txt[/quote]

In JSS, you basically get black and white koma peices with holes in them, and help koma.

You have to put a black and white piece with a hole in it on the page, then find which help koma fits in there to create a new koma.

However, without knowing Japanese it was nearly impossible.

[FONT=&quot]Jump ultimate Stars

i don't like people who play cheap so i reck them with there own chars [/FONT]

[quote name='sixersballernum3']In JSS, you basically get black and white koma peices with holes in them, and help koma.

You have to put a black and white piece with a hole in it on the page, then find which help koma fits in there to create a new koma.

However, without knowing Japanese it was nearly impossible.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds pretty hard if you don't know Japanese. :/
JUS koma system isn't as complicated as JSS koma imo.

In JUS, you create new komas by "evolving" the other komas into a battle koma or a support koma via the gem system (red, yellow, green, white, purple,ect). Once you have enough gems for a particular koma, you can evolve a koma to get a new koma.

You can also unlock new komas by playing through the main game.

[quote name='lilazn52592'][FONT=&quot]Jump ultimate Stars

i don't like people who play cheap so i reck them with there own chars [/FONT][/QUOTE]

I added you lilazn52592. Do you want to play a few matches since you're online?
EDIT: nvm I'm heading out, maybe next time :)

[quote name='Renald']Wow, that sounds pretty hard if you don't know Japanese. :/
JUS koma system isn't as complicated as JSS koma imo.

In JUS, you create new komas by "evolving" the other komas into a battle koma or a support koma via the gem system (red, yellow, green, white, purple,ect). Once you have enough gems for a particular koma, you can evolve a koma to get a new koma.

You can also unlock new komas by playing through the main game.[/quote]

Yeah, it is.

So, basically, you play through the game and get base koma, then evolve them with gems that you acquire during the game? There's no annoying matching like I described?

Awesome.

[quote name='furyk']Yes there is no annoying matching, just annoying grinding to get gems to unlock everything...[/quote]

I'll take that over hours of trying to match komas, hoping you'll get them right.

Especially the ones that needed 2-3 koma to complete. Those sucked.

Got the game from YesAsia last week, and I beat the main story mode today. Here's my Friend Code:
2835-6124-4534

Right now, I'm primarily using a Bo-BoBo deck.

I just beat story mode as well, I'll post my FC once I get online, not for a little while though, got too much of a backlog of games to slug through right now

Very cool game. I'm liking it more than JSS already due to the Koma system. I understand that you must play through story mode to unlock Koma, and presumably, to unlock *all* the koma you must beat *all* of story mode... but does this ring true for gems as well?

Must you 100% the game to get 100% of the gems, and be able to evolve everything 100%?

[quote name='lilazn52592']I don't think you get enough gems in story to unlock every char, many gems are available througth wifi[/quote]you are correct, get on wifi and vs some players, or if your japanese is decent you can play through the quiz mode to get more gems

[quote name='maigoyume']you are correct, get on wifi and vs some players, or if your japanese is decent you can play through the quiz mode to get more gems[/quote]

Or you can just guess ;)

I got 4/10 right just by picking random choices, although I only netted about 40 Purple Gems :)

[quote name='hootie']Or you can just guess ;)

I got 4/10 right just by picking random choices, although I only netted about 40 Purple Gems :)[/quote]same here :) its probably better to do the 50 question one though

[quote name='crazytalkx']Wondering if a DS game is worth $50 arghghg[/quote]

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Hell yes.

I reccomend this seller.

Ordered mine from them (through amazon). Great price (think it was 53 after shipping) and you don't have to wait for it arrive from Asia.

[quote name='hootie']Yeah, I'll try that out tonight.

Can you still get more gems even if your score is lower than your record?[/quote]yep :) thats why its all sorts of awesome

[quote name='hootie']I got it for $45 shipped over at TGN :)[/quote] I got mine for $40 CAD from my buddy when he came back from HK :cool:

I'm almost done the first 3 clusters of areas.

Loving this game more than JSS so far.

Hopefully gems are easy to come by, I have a lot of koma to evolve!

I just updated the first post with the new friend codes. The last time I tried playing I couldn't get my game to work online and I believe I had to change my friend code. I'm at school right now and I don't have my DS with me or I'd add my new code right now.

We need to have a tournament once everyone gets their game and a decent deck.

I have a few decent decks, with many 8 Koma fighters :). My favorite deck is still my 7 Koma Don Patch deck though, he is my favorite (and in my opinion, best) character in the game. My other fighter in the deck is currently 8 Koma Vegetto :D

Well, just finished all the stages in the first... area, I guess. The first galaxy after Earth.

There's only like 2 or 3 objectives I can't seem to get down, and only 1 of them unlocks a koma, as opposed to gems.

My deck consists of 6-koma Luffy, 6-koma Zolo, and 4-koma Sanji, I believe.

I can't wait for Bobobo's world to unlock those characters.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Well, just finished all the stages in the first... area, I guess. The first galaxy after Earth.

There's only like 2 or 3 objectives I can't seem to get down, and only 1 of them unlocks a koma, as opposed to gems.

My deck consists of 6-koma Luffy, 6-koma Zolo, and 4-koma Sanji, I believe.

I can't wait for Bobobo's world to unlock those characters.[/quote]get as many gems as possible, you will seriously need them

I'm sure I will. I'm trying to complete all the objectives I can. Although there's more ways to get gems than story mode, I believe, so that's nice.

Anyone have suggestions for some good attack support koma? I can't seem to find one that can pull of the task of "KO your opponent with support koma X times".

Thanks.

[quote name='hootie']Use any of the "Big 3"

I don't know all three, but I think one is 3 Koma Seiya, and another is 3 Koma Trunks[/quote]the last one is 3 koma sena (sp?) hes the guy from eyeshield 21, the 1st guy

List has been updated. I no longer have my DS, but I will have another by time the new Pokemon game comes out. I will update my code then.

This game is currently 39 dollars +shipping at PlayAsia. That's a damn good price. I suggest anyone that's been looking into this game to pounce.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']This game is currently 39 dollars +shipping at PlayAsia. That's a damn good price. I suggest anyone that's been looking into this game to pounce.[/quote]that is an awesome deal for a game like this, with so much replay value, btw my FC is 1031-7592-1858, if you want a match just PM me :D

I've been playing about a week now, even though I have to look up the some objectives, its a ton of fun. I hope to unlock Gear 3 Luffy soon enough. Friend code is 2792 7016 9554.

I was just wondering if the wifi is always slow for everyone. I was hoping to get some faster gameplay out of JUS. Please add me.

[quote name='mrbenson']I was just wondering if the wifi is always slow for everyone. I was hoping to get some faster gameplay out of JUS. Please add me.[/quote]it really depends, i've had some decently fast games and some insanely laggy ones

updated the first page with the new friend codes. I won't be able to play online until May. I really need to focus on school work right now.

I have a new DS but I haven't been able to take it online yet to get a FC.

We really need to get some type of CAG JUS tournament or team tournament going on ;)

bread's done
Back