June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']The masses will jump on the 100% trade in offer & these will strengthen their stock. Let the masses do their thing and we'll benefit but eventually they're gonna suck YOU in fully to spend the cash there's no way around it...they will win
Resistance is Futile
Open your wallet & give them your cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8[/QUOTE]
:lol:You obviously haven't been paying attention to my posting history on here, have you? I'm an obstinant devil customer who only usually buys a deal when it benefits me greatly. As it stands, I did use the $10 off $29.99(but much preferred the $10 off $19.99 coupons they had once or twice cuz that took about half off a pre-owned game;)) coupon on at least 1-2 titles in the past myself.

But I made damn sure that the games still had some value above and beyond my final price, so that at least if I got bored with them I could trade them back in.:D

Speaking of games I bought on sale, I guess I'm never gonna end up finishing Dead Island now that I've started playing Just Cause 2 so much again.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly, no luck finding dragon age 2 around my location, o'well , from the reviews online da 2 doesn't sound too good with issues on the ps3

I'm in for DA2, and Resistance 3, but I'll wait til the end of the month for R3 just in case it goes on sale. Any confirmed reports of seeing the June issue in store yet?

Just got back from my Best Buy, they didnt have the June issues out yet. Went ahead and bought the last DA2 for 360 while i was there. Will return/rebuy later lol.

As soon as I get my issue, I'll definately be off to get DA II.

Also in for SSX if it goes on sale. Heard pretty good things about it, but still not sure if $30 is my price point for it.

[quote name='Snowball21']I was at a BB in Indiana last night and they still had May issues out.[/QUOTE]

Where are you at in Indiana? I'm inbetween the Muncie and Noblesville BBs.

The issue is not in stores yet.

G@MER just responded to a question about it yesterday, I asked if they had shipped the June issues yet and they said "Not yet - SOON"

I'll be looking to snag me a 360 Dragon Age II once it comes out, would like it on the ps3 but from the bugs it doesn't look like a good idea.

[quote name='eXiON']Yup, promising month. To start it off, DA II for $5 sounds nice. In for SSX once if it hits $10.[/QUOTE]

I almost got DA2 for $10 at best buy last year. There has got to be an ultimate edition like the first DA.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']how do i get these coupons, does it cost anything to get them?[/QUOTE]

Buy the June @Gamer magazine for $5 in store, or subscribe to the Gamer Club Unlocked for $15/Year to receive it plus 9 other issues.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I'll be looking to snag me a 360 Dragon Age II once it comes out, would like it on the ps3 but from the bugs it doesn't look like a good idea.[/QUOTE]

Played through twice on ps3, no issues.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Played through twice on ps3, no issues.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what issues either. I think I had one freeze that I had to restart for?

Some people make it sound like Homefront. Now that was a bat crap crazy glitchfest.

[quote name='io']And yet here we get $5 on DA II (which I already have).[/QUOTE]I'm surprised so many people don't have this since the 1st month of @gamer coupons stacking had a $20 off coupon when the game was on sale for $40. The TIV was great & the game was very recent. $20 isn't $5 but it would be like scoring ME3 or Skyrim for $20 based on a similar release timeline(not game quality of course). Then add in the 50% off used game coupon & the influx of new(used) trades that were quickly flipped the $20 got even cheaper.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Do you guys think the soul calilbur coupon will work on the special edition? Cause its $60 now and for $40 I would pick it up[/QUOTE]will not work the coupons have only been on reg editions. YMMV on manager override but if they SKU check your screwed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:You obviously haven't been paying attention to my posting history on here, have you? I'm an obstinant devil customer who only usually buys a deal when it benefits me greatly. As it stands, I did use the $10 off $29.99(but much preferred the $10 off $19.99 coupons they had once or twice cuz that took about half off a pre-owned game;)) coupon on at least 1-2 titles in the past myself.

But I made damn sure that the games still had some value above and beyond my final price, so that at least if I got bored with them I could trade them back in.:D

Speaking of games I bought on sale, I guess I'm never gonna end up finishing Dead Island now that I've started playing Just Cause 2 so much again.:lol:[/QUOTE]Oh, I fully understand but deal, after deal, after deal they will eventually get you to spend even without stacks of credit. Remember, they now have even more ways to get deals to us... @gamer coupon, DOTD's RZ coupons, unadvertised specials & then there will be the fall DOTD's like last year. Before you know it it'll be 2 games a week dirt cheap or not, then your RZ points will add up & you'll pay more attention to how much you need to get another RZ cert. Price matches to get more points add in rinse/repeat the cycle continues....

Resistance is Futile

If SSX, Resistance 3, and SCV go on sale this month!! Will be freaking amazing! I really hope SSX goes on sale or gets a price drop. mhm!!

[quote name='Enuf']Oh, I fully understand but deal, after deal, after deal they will eventually get you to spend even without stacks of credit. Remember, they now have even more ways to get deals to us... @gamer coupon, DOTD's RZ coupons, unadvertised specials & then there will be the fall DOTD's like last year. Before you know it it'll be 2 games a week dirt cheap or not, then your RZ points will add up & you'll pay more attention to how much you need to get another RZ cert. Price matches to get more points add in rinse/repeat the cycle continues....

Resistance is Futile[/QUOTE]
Again....you fail to realize how stubborn I am. Unless it's a really decent deal on a recent game($30 off Max Payne 3 that's on sale for $40-50, etc), then I can wait and bide my time for deals I feel are worth it. Sad part is I have had some of these games I'm rebuying via coupons before(Dragon Age II, for example), but for $5 I'm willing to take a chance on the game again. Even if I give it to my buddies bro-in-law and sister to take home with them if I get bored with it, at least someone will get some value out of it.

Even sadder part is that I now have 3-4 RPG's(including Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Two Worlds II, Kingdoms Of Amalur and Skyrim) sitting on my shelf and I could very likely have still had Sacred 2 and Dragon Age II sitting here if I didn't trade them in a while ago.

So I don't even need to be buying games till the next gen, since I'll have plenty of hours of game time with just those four I listed above. That is, if I ever get done playing Just Cause 2, which I'm just putzing around in causing chaos and doing stunts.:razz:
[quote name='Enuf']well Homefront 2 is 'phenomenal', will be '5X the game' the original was
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/h...l_be_5x_the_game_the_original_was_bilson.html[/QUOTE]
So then Homefront 2 will be a 20 hour game if it's 5x the game the original was?;):razz:

[quote name='Enuf']well Homefront 2 is 'phenomenal', will be '5X the game' the original was
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/h...l_be_5x_the_game_the_original_was_bilson.html[/QUOTE]

5x isn't enough. When it worked it was okay, but when it didn't, oh boy.

Is it any trouble to get a price adjusment if you used a coupon? Say as soon as I get me coupon I buy R3 right away for $40-20, and it goes on sale for $30 a few weeks later. Will I have any issue getting the difference refunded? It shouldn't but there seems to be a lot of BB problems that shouldn't exist. Just wonder if its been a problem for anyone.

[quote name='6er']
Is it any trouble to get a price adjusment if you used a coupon? Say as soon as I get me coupon I buy R3 right away for $40-20, and it goes on sale for $30 a few weeks later. Will I have any issue getting the difference refunded? It shouldn't but there seems to be a lot of BB problems that shouldn't exist. Just wonder if its been a problem for anyone.[/QUOTE]

Its YMMV. A lot of times they won't re-apply the coupon since you no longer have it at the time of the price match (which seems to work as a return/rebuy in the system).

[quote name='6er']5x isn't enough. When it worked it was okay, but when it didn't, oh boy.

Is it any trouble to get a price adjusment if you used a coupon? Say as soon as I get me coupon I buy R3 right away for $40-20, and it goes on sale for $30 a few weeks later. Will I have any issue getting the difference refunded? It shouldn't but there seems to be a lot of BB problems that shouldn't exist. Just wonder if its been a problem for anyone.[/QUOTE]
You could purchase first without the coupon, keep it sealed, if it drops then do return rebuy trick, if not return it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Again....you fail to realize how stubborn I am. Unless it's a really decent deal on a recent game($30 off Max Payne 3 that's on sale for $40-50, etc), then I can wait and bide my time for deals I feel are worth it. Sad part is I have had some of these games I'm rebuying via coupons before(Dragon Age II, for example), but for $5 I'm willing to take a chance on the game again. Even if I give it to my buddies bro-in-law and sister to take home with them if I get bored with it, at least someone will get some value out of it.

Even sadder part is that I now have 3-4 RPG's(including Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Two Worlds II, Kingdoms Of Amalur and Skyrim) sitting on my shelf and I could very likely have still had Sacred 2 and Dragon Age II sitting here if I didn't trade them in a while ago.

So I don't even need to be buying games till the next gen, since I'll have plenty of hours of game time with just those four I listed above. That is, if I ever get done playing Just Cause 2, which I'm just putzing around in causing chaos and doing stunts.:razz:

So then Homefront 2 will be a 20 hour game if it's 5x the game the original was?;):razz:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I could get away with not making another purchase until the new systems come out as well, I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours in my backlog, and that isn't even counting my Steam list!

[quote name='Enuf']I'm surprised so many people don't have this since the 1st month of @gamer coupons stacking had a $20 off coupon when the game was on sale for $40. The TIV was great & the game was very recent. $20 isn't $5 but it would be like scoring ME3 or Skyrim for $20 based on a similar release timeline(not game quality of course). Then add in the 50% off used game coupon & the influx of new(used) trades that were quickly flipped the $20 got even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised, because DA2 isn't worth $20. It's a $10 game, tops, and when you factor in the price of DLC, I've passed on buying it at $10 twice already. For $5, I'm finally willing to buy it, but I'll still refuse to play it until the DLC goes 50% off. $27 worth of DLC on sale for $13.50, combined with the fact that I usually get at least 25% off on points cards, means that I'm paying no more than $10.12 for the DLC, which makes for a $15.11 complete edition. $15 is just about exactly the maximum that a complete DA2 is worth, so I'll wait for that DLC sale, no matter how long it takes. With 1000s of games in my backlog, I'm in no hurry to play any particular game, especially a mediocre one like DA2. And I don't buy used games, nor do I trade games in, so TIV is completely irrelevant.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Again....you fail to realize how stubborn I am. Unless it's a really decent deal on a recent game($30 off Max Payne 3 that's on sale for $40-50, etc), then I can wait and bide my time for deals I feel are worth it. Sad part is I have had some of these games I'm rebuying via coupons before(Dragon Age II, for example), but for $5 I'm willing to take a chance on the game again. Even if I give it to my buddies bro-in-law and sister to take home with them if I get bored with it, at least someone will get some value out of it.

Even sadder part is that I now have 3-4 RPG's(including Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Two Worlds II, Kingdoms Of Amalur and Skyrim) sitting on my shelf and I could very likely have still had Sacred 2 and Dragon Age II sitting here if I didn't trade them in a while ago. [/QUOTE]I know you're stubborn just messing wit ya LOL but with the shear # of $5-$15 games BB will keep chipping away at your credit/wallet. I just saw 2 worlds 2 @ BB with a $50 MSRP...LOL sometimes they just don't get it.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']I'm not surprised, because DA2 isn't worth $20. It's a $10 game, tops, and when you factor in the price of DLC, I've passed on buying it at $10 twice already. For $5, I'm finally willing to buy it, but I'll still refuse to play it until the DLC goes 50% off. $27 worth of DLC on sale for $13.50, combined with the fact that I usually get at least 25% off on points cards, means that I'm paying no more than $10.12 for the DLC, which makes for a $15.11 complete edition. $15 is just about exactly the maximum that a complete DA2 is worth, so I'll wait for that DLC sale, no matter how long it takes. With 1000s of games in my backlog, I'm in no hurry to play any particular game, especially a mediocre one like DA2. And I don't buy used games, nor do I trade games in, so TIV is completely irrelevant.[/QUOTE]I buy alot of games so I think big picture to get the most out of my purchases...even though you don't think DA2 was worth $20 you would think it unwise for someone to spend $20 on it, play it for 2-3 weeks then sell/trade it for $35-$45 to the masses who do think it's worth more than $10 and then wait for the GOTY to hit $20 and rebuy then? Even if you don't trade games in if you have a game that's been played & you're completely done with it & for whatever reason there's a chance for you to get $45 cash or credit you still won't get rid of it? Then what you do with your old games?

in for ssx if it's $10.

i've got a few games in the backlog but at that price, i don't mind adding another game to that list to take care of later.

[quote name='inkcil']So is the mag officially out in stores by now? When do people usually get them in the mail? Mid-month?[/QUOTE]

i was just in a Best Buy today and didn't notice the new magazines out yet. at the same time, i didn't ask about them either.

I was in my best buy last night and saw the new mag on the rack and was debating spending $5 for it instead of waiting for it in the mail:roll:

I bought SSX at 39.99 a week or two after it was released and was very happy with my purchase. Kudos to all of you who were able to hold out for an amazing deal!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I guess no one's gotten this in the mail yet. Looking forward to grabbing a $5 DA2 and trying it out.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for about a week. Didn't know people were asking.

Hmm, thinking of spending the $20 or so in gas and the $15 or so in registration fees to drive out to the nearest BB if I could get DA2 for $5 and SSX for $10.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Hmm, thinking of spending the $20 or so in gas and the $15 or so in registration fees to drive out to the nearest BB if I could get DA2 for $5 and SSX for $10.[/QUOTE]

You might want to do it in 2 trips if you can. DA2 will probably disappear early since it's $5 out the door, but games like SSX going on sale to hit the "$10 with coupon" point often doesn't happen until the end of the month. So you might miss out on DA2 if you wait.

[quote name='Enuf']
Even if you don't trade games in if you have a game that's been played & you're completely done with it & for whatever reason there's a chance for you to get $45 cash or credit you still won't get rid of it? Then what you do with your old games?[/QUOTE]

I keep almost all of my games as well. The majority of my games aren't even open.

Mags weren't in store yesterday. I called today and the guy I talked to said they wouldn't arrive till next week...so i dunno. Not in a big hurry since I already prepurchased the last 360 DA2 they had but maybe they intentionally delayed the shipment so they wouldn't spoil E3 announcements?

Or maybe the guy I talked to just doesn't know? lol Would not be the first time.

[quote name='MR_E']You might want to do it in 2 trips if you can. DA2 will probably disappear early since it's $5 out the door, but games like SSX going on sale to hit the "$10 with coupon" point often doesn't happen until the end of the month. So you might miss out on DA2 if you wait.[/QUOTE]

I loved DA:O, but I've waited this long on DAII, so if that might happen I'll just take my chances.

To make sure I don't miss out on a $5 Dragon Age II, I picked it up on my way home from work yesterday on PS3. I did notice in the fine print on the back that the Online Pass included EXPIRES 3/??/2012. So I wonder...does it TRULY expire then, or will it still work now? Some codes say they expire but never do. If it does expire, will we need to BUY an online pass to play? I assume that would be another $10. Just food for thought. Hopefully EA would issue a new code for those of us buying it brand new now, but no way to know for sure.

bread's done
Back