June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
Just subscribed last week so I went in and they hooked me up with the current issue. Waterloo, IA had lots of copies of DA 2, and pretty much everything else.

Impulse buy on Resistance 3, but what the hell for $10 right? This mag is a winner in my book. Just sucks DA 2 isn't worth anything for trade in, even with the 100% bonus.

got my issue, and updated the thread coupons are valid from today thru July 14th. Also thread will be wiki, because Enuf will be updating the thread throughout the month with links and stuff

Coupons weren't even ALIVE until today. Don't see what we were getting our hopes up about.

These will be good until July 14 so I'm hoping Soul Cal will drop to $30 and I can get in cheap Ivy boobies game easily.

SSX is a secondary concern to me. The demo made a strong pitch for a game that did not interest me

[quote name='RollingSkull']Coupons weren't even ALIVE until today. Don't see what we were getting our hopes up about.

These will be good until July 14 so I'm hoping Soul Cal will drop to $30 and I can get in cheap Ivy boobies game easily.

SSX is a secondary concern to me. The demo made a strong pitch for a game that did not interest me[/QUOTE]

so does that mean there will not be month of july coupons, and will jump straight to august?

great, i better get to bestbuy tomorrow, if i wait after this week, all the games on sale with the coupon will be gone, since people on sd is going to use photocopies of the coupon now

just went to check my mailbox, and i arrived, yeah going to bb tomorrow before the hoarders, and sders gets to it

cool im gonna try to gett resistance and dragon age 2 tommorrow. anyone know how long it usually takes to get your 1st magazine and welcome pack?

[quote name='YBX87']just went to check my mailbox, and i arrived, yeah going to bb tomorrow before the hoarders, and sders gets to it[/QUOTE]
It's a $20 new game that's $5 after coupon. It trades in for $2 a copy at BB(and not much more at Amazon), so that's a net loss of $3 plus tax a copy. You don't have to worry about anyone buying up the copies to flip or hoard. Believe me. As it stands, I'm probably gonna debate getting the game myself until the very last week. If it's gone by the time I get there to get one, then oh well.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's a $20 new game that's $5 after coupon. It trades in for $2 a copy at BB(and not much more at Amazon), so that's a net loss of $3 plus tax a copy. You don't have to worry about anyone buying up the copies to flip or hoard. Believe me. As it stands, I'm probably gonna debate getting the game myself until the very last week. If it's gone by the time I get there to get one, then oh well.:lol:[/QUOTE]

but what about gamestop trade in promotions thou

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's a $20 new game that's $5 after coupon. It trades in for $2 a copy at BB(and not much more at Amazon), so that's a net loss of $3 plus tax a copy. You don't have to worry about anyone buying up the copies to flip or hoard. Believe me. As it stands, I'm probably gonna debate getting the game myself until the very last week. If it's gone by the time I get there to get one, then oh well.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but what about the mom and pop stores that still think it's a $40+ title, or the pawn shops that pay a flat $5~ per title?

[quote name='YBX87']but what about gamestop trade in promotions thou[/QUOTE]
Even with the 7/$35 level promo at GS, which I don't think is still going, you're only doubling what you paid for the game at best. It's worth $4.50 for both PS3/360 there according to the Gamestop TIV thread and the PS3 value is from 5/26, so it may have even dropped since then.[quote name='Byakurai']Yes, but what about the mom and pop stores that still think it's a $40+ title, or the pawn shops that pay a flat $5~ per title?[/QUOTE]
The 'mom and pop' stores around here are worse than frickin' Gamestop with their values. Same thing with the pawn shops around here. They lowball you like crazy.

[quote name='YBX87']but what about gamestop trade in promotions thou[/QUOTE]

Since this topic has been mentioned in here... I see your concern. As, people can buy the 3 cheap games from BB for $18 + tax, take them to GS and get $26 after $10/3 and use on games to take to BB for $50 or so.

By the way, my Best Buy pulled all their copies of Dragon Age II (Xbox & PS3) from the shelves, so the coupon that came out today is worthless. Pretty annoying.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']By the way, my Best Buy pulled all their copies of Dragon Age II (Xbox & PS3) from the shelves, so the coupon that came out today is worthless. Pretty annoying.[/QUOTE]

There's a somewhat easy workaround to that. Purchase online and do a store pickup. Then when you get in to pick it up do a return and then re-purchase with the coupon. It's an inconvenience to you and them, but it only would take you 2-3 minutes more.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']By the way, my Best Buy pulled all their copies of Dragon Age II (Xbox & PS3) from the shelves, so the coupon that came out today is worthless. Pretty annoying.[/QUOTE]

why would they do that doesn't make sense

Absolutely no idea. I am guessing they are going to Outlet center? It has happened before, but usually a few days after the magazine came out. I think they did it with Homefront, and I'm sure others.

I saw many copies a few weeks ago, but last week they weren't there anymore. And by many, I mean at least more than 10 at each store I frequent...

Believe me, there were plentiful amounts of copies. I wasn't clear in my original post, but didn't know I would be questioned. Dragon Age II isn't going to fly off the shelves, and there is never a game in my area affected by Gamers magazine coupons, let alone any sale. Completely wiped clean.

As for the post saying to ship it to store, website doesn't show the PS3 version at all, and Xbox version (which I don't want) on website says not available for shipping and closest store showing "in stock" is over a hour away. Employee said they got the order to take them down, but didn't know why and I didn't ask when. Oh well...

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']Believe me, there were plentiful amounts of copies. I wasn't clear in my original post, but didn't know I would be questioned. Dragon Age II isn't going to fly off the shelves, and there is never a game in my area affected by Gamers magazine coupons, let alone any sale. Completely wiped clean.

As for the post saying to ship it to store, website doesn't show the PS3 version at all, and Xbox version (which I don't want) on website says not available for shipping and closest store showing "in stock" is over a hour away. Employee said they got the order to take them down, but didn't know why and I didn't ask when. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

odd, I bought my copy months ago when it was on sale for 10. Haven't seen any more in the store since then. Same with bulletstorm and rage after the coupons.

[quote name='yesidoknow']odd, I bought my copy months ago when it was on sale for 10. Haven't seen any more in the store since then. Same with bulletstorm and rage after the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I recently saw Rage, and possibly Bulletstorm. I'm trying to finish that game so I can trade it in with the current promotion granted the value holds.

might wanna mention in first post that the tritton headset coupon is for the AX PRO's only. it doesnt apply to AX 720's as i figured that out today!

When I want to my BB, they had like 10+ copies of DA2 for Xbox, so they better not be gone/put away by the time my mag comes in.

D=

I signed up for gamer unlocked last month. Does anyone think I will get my new issue of the magazine this month. If not how can I get the coupons this month.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']I signed up for gamer unlocked last month. Does anyone think I will get my new issue of the magazine this month. If not how can I get the coupons this month.[/QUOTE]
I signed up for the digital edition of the magazine around March 30th and didn't get my first set of coupons until Early May (and those were sent via mail). I haven't even gotten June's either by mail or email so I dunno if you will get this ones, but the Best Buys around me are all really nice and all they do is look you up to confirm you're an Unlocked member and they will let you use whichever coupons. So just try to go in store and ask nicely would be your best bet if you don't think you will get yours this month.

Or just buy a magazine in store.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']Absolutely no idea. I am guessing they are going to Outlet center? It has happened before, but usually a few days after the magazine came out. I think they did it with Homefront, and I'm sure others.[/QUOTE]

this makes 0 sense as the point of the game being 5 dollars with a coupon is to fire sale it and get off the shelves.

[quote name='Gabrius']I'm hoping that someone here can answer something for me.

I was told at my local BB that they don't pricematch websites (I knew this)... except for amazon.com

-yeah, I didn't believe it either until I walked out with SFxTekken LE for $40 a few minutes later.

He said it was the company's policy and had been for a long time. I think he's mistaken (in an awesome way) - can anyone provide further info for me?

Oh, and, yeah - definitely in for $10 SSX... also gonna have to return the $9.99 used DA2 I scooped up in order to save $5 on a new copy.

Damn, I love Best Buy ^_^[/QUOTE]

Didn't read the full thread to see if this was answered... No we do not price match online, sometimes even amazon we won't prove match. Our price match is local competitors that someone could drive to instead of us. With shipping for most and having to wait, online prices can be decieving (except of course if you are a prime member).

[quote name='bestkeeper14']Didn't read the full thread to see if this was answered... No we do not price match online, sometimes even amazon we won't prove match. Our price match is local competitors that someone could drive to instead of us. With shipping for most and having to wait, online prices can be decieving (except of course if you are a prime member).[/QUOTE]

Has Best Buy ever pulled copies of a game off the shelves to avoid a 5-10 dollar game by using one of he monthly coupons?

Is that commonplace?

[quote name='Solder']Has Best Buy ever pulled copies of a game off the shelves to avoid a 5-10 dollar game by using one of he monthly coupons?

Is that commonplace?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's common, but one of my local stores has done this - they pulled Mass Effect 2 when it was cheap with coupon. The irony was that they had gotten in a large shipment to accommodate the @gamer coupon + the release of ME3 (40-50+ copies for :360: and :ps3: each). Day two of the coupon they moved all of the copies to the back. At least this is what the gaming supervisor tells me - I just thought it was weird that they basically had a full cardboard bin of them and the shelves stocked and the next day they were all gone, so I asked.

[quote name='bestkeeper14']Didn't read the full thread to see if this was answered... No we do not price match online, sometimes even amazon we won't prove match. Our price match is local competitors that someone could drive to instead of us. With shipping for most and having to wait, online prices can be decieving (except of course if you are a prime member).[/QUOTE]

How long have you been reconnoitering CAG, Best Buy dude?

Welcome to the thread and we value Best Buy's new enthusiasm honoring their @Gamer coupons without making excuses about not being combinable with sale prices.

I've only been working at BB for roughly 2 months (I needed a 2nd job, whatever), but I've seen people PM to Amazon all the time (in pretty much every dept in the store). So yea, it's YMMV. All I know is that they won't PM marketplace prices.

I went to BB today to go ahead and subscribe to the magazine and I was talking to the guy about using the coupon on DA2 which I left at CS because I bought the last 360 version they had last week. Before he knew this, he told me they were completely out of Dragon Age 2, i found it funny because i saw at least 10 copies for PS3 when I got the 360 version >< Me thinks they pulled them because my area is relatively CAG free, just saying lol

Also picked up Resistance 3 for $9.99 with the Resistance coupon. Game is $29.99 now apparently.

Edit: Fingers crossed for SSX and SCV sales this month ;D

Here is hoping for a $10-15 copy of SSX. I bought DA2 yesterday after doing a small 10 game trade. I did not have the mag in hand yet (it is somewhere in transit/mail) and the plan is to go in for a price adjustment with receipt and coupon in hand.

good morning folks:

1) take your june BB @gamer mag
2) turn to page 8
3) look at top right of page
4) read "walking the red carpet"

i lol'ed

[quote name='Murderstorm']Just bought the soul calibur v collectors edition for $40 the coupon worked on it[/QUOTE]

Ha I knew it would work ! Now do I wait for a price drop/sale of the collectors edition or just wait for that to happen to the vanilla version ? If another retailer puts the collectors edition on sale my friends at bestbuy would do the price match and overide combo for me so this is best case sinario obviously :)

[quote name='Solder']Has Best Buy ever pulled copies of a game off the shelves to avoid a 5-10 dollar game by using one of he monthly coupons?

Is that commonplace?[/QUOTE]

I know some people have said this but considering the amount of $5 copies that everyone was reporting getting here of ME2/Rage/Bulletstorm, I would guess that it's not a corporate initiative to screw customers.

Games this cheap fly off the shelves.

Got :360: DA2 and :ps3: Resistance 3 without a problem. After checking the Target next door I saw that the Deadliest Warrior game is on sale for $20 this week, so you might be able to get the game for free if you can get price matching and the coupon to work.

I showed the cashier the entire coupon page I cut out of my magazine and the guy didn't bother to cut them up or keep them so I'll be able to use the coupons again. Might be a good strategy to keep the coupons, make the cashiers work to get take away your coupon :lol:

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Got :360: DA2 and :ps3: Resistance 3 without a problem. After checking the Target next door I saw that the Deadliest Warrior game is on sale for $20 this week, so you might be able to get the game for free if you can get price matching and the coupon to work.

I showed the cashier the entire coupon page I cut out of my magazine and the guy didn't bother to cut them up or keep them so I'll be able to use the coupons again. Might be a good strategy to keep the coupons, make the cashiers work to get take away your coupon :lol:[/QUOTE]

Deadliest warrior for 20 @ Target ? Sweet ! I'll just match it and pile it with the other games I'm getting tommorow. Free game ftw lmao

[quote name='strait edge follower']Deadliest warrior for 20 @ Target ? Sweet ! I'll just match it and pile it with the other games I'm getting tommorow. Free game ftw lmao[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that works out for ya.

(Here's a hint - it won't ;))

Unless of course you get a complete idiot that wants to get fired. :D

Did a small trade today that netted me $92 for shit games that I would never play. Gamer guy asked me if I had gotten my mag yet. I said yes. He said "We have tons of DAII - it's only $5." I picked one up. Never played an RPG, so I figure this will be something to try out when I'm not playing Rocksmith.

bread's done
Back