June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is Dragon Age 2 "real time" combat or is it similar to the other older Bioware games that are more stop/command/execute/wait your turn, etc...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So, is Dragon Age 2 "real time" combat or is it similar to the other older Bioware games that are more stop/command/execute/wait your turn, etc...[/QUOTE]

Real time god of war type slashing. It's really fun. I loved dragon age 2.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So, is Dragon Age 2 "real time" combat or is it similar to the other older Bioware games that are more stop/command/execute/wait your turn, etc...[/QUOTE]
According to a few people I've talked to, it's supposed to be more hack n slash type gameplay(which I like) as opposed to the turn based crap. I loved action-y dungeon crawlers like the Dark Alliance series last gen, but absolutely CANNOT STAND the Final Fantasy type of games.:whistle2:&

I have a $5 reward zone coupon, so for "free" or evidently the cost of a pack of gum since I'll have to get the price to $5, I might give it a try.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to a few people I've talked to, it's supposed to be more hack n slash type gameplay(which I like) as opposed to the turn based crap. I loved action-y dungeon crawlers like the Dark Alliance series last gen, but absolutely CANNOT STAND the Final Fantasy type of games.:whistle2:&[/QUOTE]

Heh, I still have Dark Alliance 2 and Champions Return to Arms on my shelf from the PS2 era. Tough to play non HD, non widescreen games anymore, but they do bring back fond memories. :)

Grabbed DA2 yesterday. Was not a member of the coupon club, but cashier gladly offered me this months magazine free when I signed up.

So 20 bucks for DA2 and 13 issues of the coupons. I'll take it.

Still hoping for a sale on SC V and SSX this month. Thanks OP.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Damn should I wait for SCV to drop $20 is tenpting also collectors edition available but i will not spend $40 on it[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for a sale as I have nothing to loose. If anything if there is somehow no sale for the game just use some trade in credit or a rz coupon to knock down the price of the game. 20$ isn't a bad price for it at this piont in time

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Heh, I still have Dark Alliance 2 and Champions Return to Arms on my shelf from the PS2 era. Tough to play non HD, non widescreen games anymore, but they do bring back fond memories. :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I tried playing San Andreas about 4-5 months ago on the PS2 slim I picked up from Target for $50 last year or so. I played it for about an hour and got annoyed with how it looked and shut the game off.:whistle2:&:cry::whistle2:#
[quote name='Solder']Grabbed DA2 yesterday. Was not a member of the coupon club, but cashier gladly offered me this months magazine free when I signed up.

So 20 bucks for DA2 and 13 issues of the coupons. I'll take it.

Still hoping for a sale on SC V and SSX this month. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Technically I believe it's 10 issues for the years subscription, as there are two months where I believe the coupons overlap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I tried playing San Andreas about 4-5 months ago on the PS2 slim I picked up from Target for $50 last year or so. I played it for about an hour and got annoyed with how it looked and shut the game off.:cry::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Which is why I am a supporter of these HD collections and HD remakes. I can't tell you how happy I was to be able to play Serious Sam 1st and 2nd Encounter on the 360 in HD last year.

[quote name='Boeing 747']Defiantly been wanting R3 for a while, but haven't got my Mag yet.. if it doesn't come tomorrow I might just ask to use the store copy.[/QUOTE]
So I realize that this was likely auto-corrected, but I love this post.

I have been defiantly wanting Resistance 3 for some time. Everywhere I go, people have tried to stop me from getting the game. They say things like "R3 is terrible" and "Wouldn't you like a nice Final Fantasy instead," but to each of them I proudly say "No." No I don't want some other game. No I don't think I'd be better off keeping my money. I want Resistance 3, and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Not even a late magazine will keep me from getting in on this deal.

:D

[quote name='roger watersmelon']So I realize that this was likely auto-corrected, but I love this post.

I have been defiantly wanting Resistance 3 for some time. Everywhere I go, people have tried to stop me from getting the game. They say things like "R3 is terrible" and "Wouldn't you like a nice Final Fantasy instead," but to each of them I proudly say "No." No I don't want some other game. No I don't think I'd be better off keeping my money. I want Resistance 3, and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Not even a late magazine will keep me from getting in on this deal.

:D[/QUOTE]

:applause: don't give into peer pressure!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Which is why I am a supporter of these HD collections and HD remakes. I can't tell you how happy I was to be able to play Serious Sam 1st and 2nd Encounter on the 360 in HD last year.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm shocked that Rockstar hasn't seriously looked into giving the PS2/Xbox era GTA games the HD remake treatment. Although I have to wonder if the games being redone would end up like Married....With Children, where they couldn't get the rights to use the Frank Sinatra version of Love & Marriage and the generic instrumental version they used on the DVD releases was just :whistle2:&:puke:

A GTA game without the music for the various radio stations from the original games(or at least some way to do your own custom soundtrack ala the Xbox versions back in the day) would be absolutely craptastic.:whistle2:#

On topic, could my fellow CAG's please go to the following page on the BB forums and give kudos for printing the @Gamer coupons on special security paper to deter fraudulent copying/scanning/printing of them. Hopefully if that idea gets enough kudos they'll adopt it and our deals for being subscribers will be safe.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...h-March-issue-and-how-to-stop-it/idi-p/496549

Thanks in advance for the kudos on stopping the fraud with the coupons, as the more copied coupons BB gets, the more likely they may be to end or lessen the deals.

FINE. I was all happy to just skip this month's deals but NO...you just have to keep talking about DA2 and R3. YOU WIN. Heading to BB later to spend some of my seemingly endless trade credit on the pair. I hope your happy :razz:

Hey anyone live in the LA/Alhambra area that knows DA II is in stock at BB for the PS3. I cannot find this game, I have the coupon and everything ready to go.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Technically I believe it's 10 issues for the years subscription, as there are two months where I believe the coupons overlap.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well no use crying over spilt milk now. Still fine with 11 issues and DA2 for 20 bucks.

If I end up using 3-4 of the coupons it'll have been worth it.

I actually don't mind Deadliest Warrior.

Definitely some fun to be had. It is a good recreational fighter, and I don't think it is meant to be taken very seriously. Brings me back to the days of Bushido Blade which was an awesome game in it's time.

And not to mention it is $10 new after coupon.

[quote name='Solder']Ah, well no use crying over spilt milk now. Still fine with 11 issues and DA2 for 20 bucks.

If I end up using 3-4 of the coupons it'll have been worth it.[/QUOTE]

The magazine itself is worth it. It's quickly become my No. 2 favorite video game magazine behind Game Informer.

[quote name='odd mr t']FINE. I was all happy to just skip this month's deals but NO...you just have to keep talking about DA2 and R3. YOU WIN. Heading to BB later to spend some of my seemingly endless trade credit on the pair. I hope your happy :razz:[/QUOTE]you can still flip them back for minimal loss.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']On topic, could my fellow CAG's please go to the following page on the BB forums and give kudos for printing the @Gamer coupons on special security paper to deter fraudulent copying/scanning/printing of them. Hopefully if that idea gets enough kudos they'll adopt it and our deals for being subscribers will be safe.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...h-March-issue-and-how-to-stop-it/idi-p/496549

Thanks in advance for the kudos on stopping the fraud with the coupons, as the more copied coupons BB gets, the more likely they may be to end or lessen the deals.[/QUOTE]done

Yeah just sold my DAII for 13.95 on ebay. Definitely a game I dont want to keep. It was funny how crazy it was before it released with the Signature Edition and such.

On topic, could my fellow CAG's please go to the following page on the BB forums and give kudos for printing the @Gamer coupons on special security paper to deter fraudulent copying/scanning/printing of them. Hopefully if that idea gets enough kudos they'll adopt it and our deals for being subscribers will be safe.

Thanks in advance for the kudos on stopping the fraud with the coupons, as the more copied coupons BB gets, the more likely they may be to end or lessen the deals.[/QUOTE]

done

Well. I still haven't received my coupons in the mail for the June issue. Went ahead and filed a missing issue claim and got my subscription extended by a month.

I also found out I am able to switch my subscription from digital to print! Take that deceptive Best Buy employee who signed me up for digital!

[/QUOTE]

done. stinking slickdeal bastards.:boxing:

[quote name='NEP']Well. I still haven't received my coupons in the mail for the June issue. Went ahead and filed a missing issue claim and got my subscription extended by a month.

I also found out I am able to switch my subscription from digital to print! Take that deceptive Best Buy employee who signed me up for digital![/QUOTE]

i thought digital mags switched to print out coupons?

[quote name='confoosious']i thought digital mags switched to print out coupons?[/QUOTE]

Nope, @Gamer mails the coupons, along with any other non-digital magazine perks, to digital subscribers.

[quote name='odd mr t']Nope, @Gamer mails the coupons, along with any other non-digital magazine perks, to digital subscribers.[/QUOTE]

not according to their FAQ but then again we know they aren't always on top of their shit.

I snagged a copy of Dragon Age II while I was in store this afternoon for $5 after coupon. My fellow CAG's should also ask their gaming reps to check the back and see if they got in any Skyrim CE's, as my local store got in two for PS3 that the rep said they didn't have a month ago.

Both were new/minty he said, so he grabbed one for me and I gladly paid to get that sweet looking artbook n dragon statue for about $20 something after trading in my vanilla copy for $35 n change.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I snagged a copy of Dragon Age II while I was in store this afternoon for $5 after coupon. My fellow CAG's should also ask their gaming reps to check the back and see if they got in any Skyrim CE's, as my local store got in two for PS3 that the rep said they didn't have a month ago.

Both were new/minty he said, so he grabbed one for me and I gladly paid to get that sweet looking artbook n dragon statue for about $20 something after trading in my vanilla copy for $35 n change.;)[/QUOTE]

So lucky that you can still trade :(

[quote name='stoned99']So lucky that you can still trade :([/QUOTE]
Oh I know. This was after getting the banned notice screen about a month or so ago. That's why I said in the main BB trade thread I'm done doing the huge mega trades of whatever. I'll stick to my own collection n not go overboard anymore.:cry:

Thanks in advance for the kudos on stopping the fraud with the coupons, as the more copied coupons BB gets, the more likely they may be to end or lessen the deals.[/QUOTE]Ummm, I'm not seeing a kudos button:wall:I did make a simple agreeing comment though

[quote name='odd mr t']Nope, @Gamer mails the coupons, along with any other non-digital magazine perks, to digital subscribers.[/QUOTE]

Mine came digitally. It was linked in the email saying that this month's issue was online.

No they don't. I subscribe to the digital mag and I got my coupons emailed to me along with this month's magazine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Oh I know. This was after getting the banned notice screen about a month or so ago. That's why I said in the main BB trade thread I'm done doing the huge mega trades of whatever. I'll stick to my own collection n not go overboard anymore.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Wait, you got the ban screen and now without doing anything to fix it you can trade in again??? All the f'ing hours I put in trying to find out why they banned me...and knowing I did nothing to get banned...and I got absolutely nowhere. I called every number that was given to me, even had guys in store call the same numbers for me and they got nowhere. Maybe its time I try to trade in again lol.

All I've ever done is trade in my collection, yet I'm banned and they made you a Silver Member? :roll:

I see where the Gears of War Tritton headset is on sale for 89.99 from 179.99... Wonder if the coupon would work if you happened to find one of these in store? Be pretty nice for $49.99...

[quote name='NEP']Well. I still haven't received my coupons in the mail for the June issue. Went ahead and filed a missing issue claim and got my subscription extended by a month.

I also found out I am able to switch my subscription from digital to print! Take that deceptive Best Buy employee who signed me up for digital![/QUOTE]did they say how long the delay would be to actually recieve them. One person posted they were told another 4-8 weeks.

[quote name='shadowkast']Ummm, I'm not seeing a kudos button:wall:I did make a simple agreeing comment though[/QUOTE]it doesn't say kudos look at the upper left hand corner near where the title of the post is you'll see a up arrow & a "+" sign underneath the number of votes just click on the arrow.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX

Thanks in advance for the kudos on stopping the fraud with the coupons, as the more copied coupons BB gets, the more likely they may be to end or lessen the deals.[/QUOTE]

You know what grinds my fuckINGGGGGG gears(Peter Griffin voice):bomb:!????!??!??!!? The fact that so many of the stupid fuckINGGGGG managers and/or employees DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!!! Just look at how many people are using printer paper, having the coupons scanned from the magazine, being given coupons back!

I hate when I call a store(stores in general) and worn them about something and the manager has a 'whatever' attitude.

The fact that a thread has to be started on their site says.... THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!!!!! Kudos my ass! Best Buy better wise up before they meet Amazon Part 2!

[quote name='Enuf']did they say how long the delay would be to actually recieve them. One person posted they were told another 4-8 weeks.

it doesn't say kudos look at the upper left hand corner near where the title of the post is you'll see a up arrow & a "+" sign underneath the number of votes just click on the arrow.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX[/QUOTE]

It says it will come into effect for the next issue. Nothing about 4 to 8 weeks.

[quote name='Disneyboy']No they don't. I subscribe to the digital mag and I got my coupons emailed to me along with this month's magazine.[/QUOTE]

My @gamer coupons have always come in the mail.

Uploaded a picture of what they send me in the mail, alongside the actual coupons.

http://i.imgur.com/q8ebp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NEP']It says it will come into effect for the next issue. Nothing about 4 to 8 weeks.[/QUOTE]well that's good hopefully the person on the forums page doesn't have to wait that long either but that's what they were told.

[quote name='strait edge follower']When will next weeks bestbuy ad leak ? Im so hoping that ssx or/and soul calibar 5 go on sale. Even deadliest warrior going on sale for 24.99 would be nice too :)[/QUOTE]

Probably tomorrow or Thursday...I'm thinking Thursday though.

It will def be by end of Friday though.

I'm not feeling the SSX or SC5 deals coming this week. Seems like it would be more of a end of the month type of deal.

I also found out I am able to switch my subscription from digital to print! Take that deceptive Best Buy employee who signed me up for digital![/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me! :headache: I signed up while picking up FFXIII-2 in March and I was never asked which version I would prefer. I only found out there was a digital version when I got my first digital issue in an email. I didn't receive my coupons this month either, so I went to Best Buy today and explained the situation to the employee I always talk to (not the one who signed me up).

He said he didn't know of a way to change the subscription version. He then proceeded to give me both this month's and last month's issues free and told me to see him every month and he'd give me the current month's issue due to the mix-up. So even though I was upset at first, I'm glad that the problem has been resolved.

How do coupons work if I buy the digital iPad subscription?

EDIT: ah, I see, mailers. Do a lot of people have problems with not getting their coupons?

What a load of crap. I intended buying DA 2, but it is completely out of stock in my area. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 2 a couple months ago. What is the point of having coupons for games that are not in stock, and won't be restocked.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']What a load of crap. I intended buying DA 2, but it is completely out of stock in my area. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 2 a couple months ago. What is the point of having coupons for games that are not in stock, and won't be restocked.[/QUOTE]

So you went on Sunday and they were completely sold out?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']What a load of crap. I intended buying DA 2, but it is completely out of stock in my area. Same thing happened with Mass Effect 2 a couple months ago. What is the point of having coupons for games that are not in stock, and won't be restocked.[/QUOTE]

Well, ironically, that is the point of these coupons; to clear stock

bread's done
Back