June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only thing I miss from the free GC is the oopsie coupons that were giving us free games every so often.;) The games that ended up free after coupons were ones I had some passing interest in(Fairytale Fights) but just couldn't justify paying over $5 for.;)[/QUOTE]free is great but I still prefer $10 B:AC, $5 games galore & yr long quality DOTD's vs 2-3 exploits. My backlog gaining 20 games for less $150 is better than the exploits IMO I can work the system to make up for the loss. Plus, having a stronger GC will equal even more cheapy games too.

I tried it out, and got my 10% off MLB 11 plus the $20 coupon.

However, i did encounter an issue with the $10 off any used game 29.99 and up. I got MLB The Show 12 for 34.99. It should have been 21.49( 10% off Unlocked and $10 coupon) However it didn't stack. It took off the 10 but not the $3.50. I got it overridden and got it for 21.49, but is that normal? Have others had problems with the $10 off pre owned 29.99^ coupons not stacking with their Unlocked discount? And what's weird is that the other deal i mentioned stacked with no issue. I got the 3 bucks off for unlocked and the 20 for the coupon.

I haven't used that coupon but I have trouble all the time with my unlocked bonus, mostly with trade-ins, but that they can't find me or the extra 10% isn't showing up and I get the extra added manually.

[quote name='Enuf']free is great but I still prefer $10 B:AC, $5 games galore & yr long quality DOTD's vs 2-3 exploits. My backlog gaining 20 games for less $150 is better than the exploits IMO I can work the system to make up for the loss. Plus, having a stronger GC will equal even more cheapy games too.[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I do as well. I'd rather get games I might actually play for $5-10 versus stuff that was only really functional as trade fodder or a doorstop.:lol:

Finally picked up my Dragon age 2 for the 360. Probably the only coupon I will use this month unless there is an unforeseen sale at the end.

yeah sudoku detective and all those. it felt so dirty walking up to the counter with 3 of each and walking out without even pretending like i was gonna pay. it was all just tiv fodder. i didnt even play fairytale fights even tho im a trophy whore just cuz i went straight across the street and got rid of them. i much prefer the deals we get now tho. AAA quality games for cheap and great dotd's compared to a few glitches. but they were wild times, lol.

I hate how they have these coupons for games like dragon age 2 and then they go and take the new ps3 version off there website. Still havn't got my first mag in the mail and the only coupon i was going to use can't be used around here unless i have them make a special order. Can't believe i had to give my thumbprint when i traded in 2 games the other day, that was a first. They better make a coupon for the metal gear hd collection before they pull that game from there website too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Believe it or not, I do as well. I'd rather get games I might actually play for $5-10 versus stuff that was only really functional as trade fodder or a doorstop.:lol:[/QUOTE]

F that. I traded all those Nerf games and all the Wii blasters and those FTFs and SBDs... That was so much better than a couple of good titles... :)

[quote name='Mr. 420']I hate how they have these coupons for games like dragon age 2 and then they go and take the new ps3 version off there website. Still havn't got my first mag in the mail and the only coupon i was going to use can't be used around here unless i have them make a special order. Can't believe i had to give my thumbprint when i traded in 2 games the other day, that was a first. They better make a coupon for the metal gear hd collection before they pull that game from there website too.[/QUOTE]

thumb prints is determined by state law. my home state requires no such thing. my current state does even at gamestop

When I went to trade in some games I picked up DA2 and R3. I was disappointed when I found a copy of ME2 for PS3 though. I wanted to pick it up for $5 in march I think with the coupon but an employee and me could not find a copy.

[quote name='legendarydogs']When I went to trade in some games I picked up DA2 and R3. I was disappointed when I found a copy of ME2 for PS3 though. I wanted to pick it up for $5 in march I think with the coupon but an employee and me could not find a copy.[/QUOTE]

Had the same exact experience. I tried forever to find a copy on to see one yesterday in a damn $19.99 bin.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah sudoku detective and all those. it felt so dirty walking up to the counter with 3 of each and walking out without even pretending like i was gonna pay. it was all just tiv fodder. i didnt even play fairytale fights even tho im a trophy whore just cuz i went straight across the street and got rid of them. i much prefer the deals we get now tho. AAA quality games for cheap and great dotd's compared to a few glitches. but they were wild times, lol.[/QUOTE]
I actually kept 2 PS3 versions of FTF from my haul from BB. One for myself to play whenever and one for my buddies nieces to play through.:lol: They got a kick outta how twisted the characters were in the game.:)
[quote name='crazedracerguy']F that. I traded all those Nerf games and all the Wii blasters and those FTFs and SBDs... That was so much better than a couple of good titles... :)[/QUOTE]
That was what started the fast track for me to being banned from GS I think. I also traded in at least one copy per platform of FTF to the one HWV just before a $5 sale. Funnier still is that someone then bought those copies for $30+ from HWV when they put them out during the closing sale I think.:lol:

[quote name='Mr. 420']I hate how they have these coupons for games like dragon age 2 and then they go and take the new ps3 version off there website. Still havn't got my first mag in the mail and the only coupon i was going to use can't be used around here unless i have them make a special order. Can't believe i had to give my thumbprint when i traded in 2 games the other day, that was a first. They better make a coupon for the metal gear hd collection before they pull that game from there website too.[/QUOTE]
There's been a stock locator posted a couple of times. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but my closest store had in 2-3 copies before I bought mine for PS3 the other day.

Here it is again for those who missed it;):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

As for those unable to find copies of Mass Effect 2 in March, I found 2-3 of them, but only after going to that many stores and checking firsthand.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I hate how they have these coupons for games like dragon age 2 and then they go and take the new ps3 version off there website. Still havn't got my first mag in the mail and the only coupon i was going to use can't be used around here unless i have them make a special order.[/QUOTE]The reason we're seeing titles removed from the site is simple BB isn't going to re-order them at all & the copies in-store are usually in the process of being clearanced out. They don't wanna give false hope on getting a new shipment of those games especially for games that they're using the coupons for to clear out.

I think the SKU's are on the coupons so their way of thinking is we can search using the SKU's & find what's left of the stock in-stores. To bad they don't have a system in place to ship from stores outta the area to people willing to pay for it at another store.

[quote name='mrclutch']Finally picked up my Dragon age 2 for the 360. Probably the only coupon I will use this month unless there is an unforeseen sale at the end.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If they'd drop the used price on Saints Row 3 I'd probably use my coupon on that.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Same here. If they'd drop the used price on Saints Row 3 I'd probably use my coupon on that.[/QUOTE]
You could've picked up the game NEW for $35 a couple of weeks ago when they had it on sale for $34.99. It's well worth the money, though I do kinda miss the shit spraying mini game/side mission from Saint's Row 2.

Only problem is by buying it new now you no longer get the free Saint's Row 2 that came from redeeming the online pass in new copies as that deal expired in February or so I think.

Not to sound like I'm shilling again for BB, but could those who haven't already given kudos to my idea on the BB forums to start printing up the @Gamer coupons on security paper please do so now.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ch-issue-and-how-to-stop-it/idi-p/496549#M835

Thanks to all who have done so already.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Not to sound like I'm shilling again for BB, .[/QUOTE]

Nope, your way past that now. :p

Still haven't gotten my envelope of coupons (I get the digital magazine). Just curious if anyone has any luck with getting an employee to just scan a coupon from the magazine without buying it? Seems like they might be understanding of those whose subscription gets messed up.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']Still haven't gotten my envelope of coupons (I get the digital magazine). Just curious if anyone has any luck with getting an employee to just scan a coupon from the magazine without buying it? Seems like they might be understanding of those whose subscription gets messed up.[/QUOTE]

This month they came via email... so check. Also I have gotten them to do that many times.

So I went to a different BBY today and they were selling back copies of the magazine in addition to this month's copy. It was with official stickers and everything. They wanted $5 also. Would someone really want an old copy as a collector? Some of the covers are cool but without the coupons I would never spend money on them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I went to a different BBY today and they were selling back copies of the magazine in addition to this month's copy. It was with official stickers and everything. They wanted $5 also. Would someone really want an old copy as a collector? Some of the covers are cool but without the coupons I would never spend money on them.[/QUOTE]

Last months had Kid Icarus cards, so I can certainly see someone wanting something like that.

[quote name='admiralvic']Last months had Kid Icarus cards, so I can certainly see someone wanting something like that.[/QUOTE]

I have it and will never use it Id adobe one wants it
Edit: drunk+swype+cag= .... you get it

[quote name='admiralvic']This month they came via email... so check. Also I have gotten them to do that many times.[/QUOTE]

Ha, well I feel kinda dumb now. Sure enough they're in my email. Thanks for the info! Kinda weird that they're doing them that way now. Seems like people could easily print off multiples . I'm guessing this has already been discussed though and I'm probably just late to the party.

I love the coupons (especially when they stack with sales), but it does annoy me that I have to go twenty five minutes away to Best Buy and out of Resistance 3, Dragon Age 2, and the Deadliest Warrior game, the only one they actually had was Resistance 3. Sure, I still got one game at an awesome price, but if they would just link these things to your online Reward Zone account, this whole thing would be much easier.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Brought deadliest warrior with the coupon and flipped it for a gamestop 3/10 deal. That's the only good thing you can do with this turd anyway lol[/QUOTE]Same here, though I flipped it for a GS 7/$35 deal along with Inversion, CoD4, Kinect Sports, another DAII (bought another magazine), and two of my games. ;) I still have another Deadliest Warrior coupon, so maybe I can use that for one more GS trade before the 3/5/7 -> $10/$20/$35 deal ends.

I had planned on flipping a used Borderlands, but for some reason, they gave me a new-condition Borderlands GotY instead (not bad for $9.99)! :whistle2:# I think I can find a better use for that than just trading it in to GS...

yep picked up and got rid of deadliest warriors 7/35 also.
i enjoyed it for a few minutes, alot like oldschool ps1 squaresoft game bushido blade where it might end in just one swipe of a sword.
my wife enjoyed the 6 episodes of deadliest warriors that we have never seen. good stuff for free i guess.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']Ha, well I feel kinda dumb now. Sure enough they're in my email. Thanks for the info! Kinda weird that they're doing them that way now. Seems like people could easily print off multiples . I'm guessing this has already been discussed though and I'm probably just late to the party.[/QUOTE]

haha same here i just looked closely at that email and saw it. i feel dumb.

[quote name='Stimes']I'm thinking of getting Deadliest Warrior, any opinions on what system I should get it for?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for 360 and it booted really weird. You'd boot this disk from the dashboard and it'd load then send you to your Games section where you'd have to pick it out of your list of games. Don't know how it did it on PS3, but it has to be better than that.

Personally though, I wouldn't get it at all. I got it and regretted the purchase. I was able to get my money back from GameStop and turn that into more BBY credit, but I really wouldn't suggest it to anyone at all.

[quote name='advanced']I picked it up for 360 and it booted really weird. You'd boot this disk from the dashboard and it'd load then send you to your Games section where you'd have to pick it out of your list of games. Don't know how it did it on PS3, but it has to be better than that.

Personally though, I wouldn't get it at all. I got it and regretted the purchase. I was able to get my money back from GameStop and turn that into more BBY credit, but I really wouldn't suggest it to anyone at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ill either get it for ps3 or not at all

[quote name='advanced']I picked it up for 360 and it booted really weird. You'd boot this disk from the dashboard and it'd load then send you to your Games section where you'd have to pick it out of your list of games. Don't know how it did it on PS3, but it has to be better than that.

Personally though, I wouldn't get it at all. I got it and regretted the purchase. I was able to get my money back from GameStop and turn that into more BBY credit, but I really wouldn't suggest it to anyone at all.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda how the old Xbox Live Arcade compelation discs worked (Arcade Unplugged?). You would put the game in and could access the live games from the arcade menu. Perhaps the original Hasbro Family Game night as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You could've picked up the game NEW for $35 a couple of weeks ago when they had it on sale for $34.99. It's well worth the money, though I do kinda miss the shit spraying mini game/side mission from Saint's Row 2.

Only problem is by buying it new now you no longer get the free Saint's Row 2 that came from redeeming the online pass in new copies as that deal expired in February or so I think.

Not to sound like I'm shilling again for BB, but could those who haven't already given kudos to my idea on the BB forums to start printing up the @Gamer coupons on security paper please do so now.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ch-issue-and-how-to-stop-it/idi-p/496549#M835

Thanks to all who have done so already.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, SR2 is free with PS+ for the PS3 right now.

[quote name='sassylaurie']That's kinda how the old Xbox Live Arcade compelation discs worked (Arcade Unplugged?). You would put the game in and could access the live games from the arcade menu. Perhaps the original Hasbro Family Game night as well.[/QUOTE]

I just thought it was odd is all. I've never owned any of the compilation disks, so it was new to me. I didn't like this style of booting though, especially when mixed with the new dashboard style.

I went to BB today and asked if I could get a mag by looking me up in the computer and I got one no problem. Didn't have to show ID. Only thing worthy was 2 copies of :360: Dragon Age 2, so got one of those for $5.xx.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Don't forget, SR2 is free with PS+ for the PS3 right now.[/QUOTE]
It was free for me nonetheless since I redeemed my SR3 online pass before Feb 2012 or whenever that bonus game offer expired.;)

So I finally signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked.

Funny story, my brother needed a new copy of Dragon Age II since his old Xbox ate his other copy, so I told him about the BB deal. He gave me money, so I went and picked him up a copy. The employee ripped out the coupon and then stapled it to my receipt and gave it back to me. Lolwtf? Something tells me he was new.

So I went today to pick up DAII, R3, and DW and went to the regular checkout to avoid the "gaming specialist" and just my luck he was working the front and called my number...lol... he always acts like I'm stealing from him when I buy games with coupons. Like it pains him to scan the coupons. And he always tries to charge me the full amount first, then I have to literally say to him "I want to use these coupons in my hand" even though I am trying to hand him the coupons. He then finally scans them.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So I went today to pick up DAII, R3, and DW and went to the regular checkout to avoid the "gaming specialist" and just my luck he was working the front and called my number...lol... he always acts like I'm stealing from him when I buy games with coupons. Like it pains him to scan the coupons. And he always tries to charge me the full amount first, then I have to literally say to him "I want to use these coupons in my hand" even though I am trying to hand him the coupons. He then finally scans them.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, the guys at mine are pretty cool. Usually strike up convos about what games were playing or whatnot, even helped me out with a coupon I didn't have yet cause I'm in my 1st month of unlocked.

[quote name='fastitocalon']That sucks, the guys at mine are pretty cool. Usually strike up convos about what games were playing or whatnot, even helped me out with a coupon I didn't have yet cause I'm in my 1st month of unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't take it personally since I figure he's a jerk to everyone I just don't get it. The gaming guy at the one further away is completely cool and even encouraged me to sign up, told me about all the games, and grabbed them off the shelf for me when I went to that one.

This one is closer to home though. I just am baffled he's the gaming specialist as he shows no interest in the games and is just generally clueless about @Gamer. When I went with my brother for him to sign up the guy literally scanned the magazine and all the games and tried to charge him full price even though we were trying to talk to him about what great a deal the magazine was because of the games. Then he scanned the wrong coupons and told us they weren't valid on sale prices and how corporate had sent them an email scolding them for applying coupons on sale prices. After pointing out the words on the back he finally scanned the correct coupons and rang everything through. I assume he's clueless and his manager must ride him hard about selling anything below MSRP.

bread's done
Back