Jurassic Park Trilogy SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)

I have a $30 Rewards coupon I may have to use on this. Was thinking about getting the trilogy, and this just makes it Jodie Sweetin.

Having a few G1 cases with their own spot on my shelf, it doesn't matter to me what size anymore since I don't just have one which sticks out.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Meth-head to be more precise.

M[/QUOTE]

Oh man, as soon as I posted that I knew someone was going to say that. Crackhead was just a more recognizable term so I went with it. Figured she did crack too :D

People might want to take a look at the image and squint a bit at the blue Best Buy strip at the top.

If I'm reading it right, it looks like this is BD + DVD + DC listed at the top of the image.

That might make it work picking up, assuming it's BD + DVD + DC as it appears.

yeah holy crap on the price! I was going to say you could just pick this up for like $15, but I guess it most be OOP with those prices..I think thats what I got it for a year or two ago..

no way will I talk myself into this, Steelbook or not. plus, what are we thinking, all 3 films on one disc? certainly they won't try to cram 3 into a SB..

[quote name='token2k6']yeah holy crap on the price! I was going to say you could just pick this up for like $15, but I guess it most be OOP with those prices..I think thats what I got it for a year or two ago..

no way will I talk myself into this, Steelbook or not. plus, what are we thinking, all 3 films on one disc? certainly they won't try to cram 3 into a SB..[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure each movie is on one disc.

Thanks OP. I wish they had released each movie individually, each with its own steel book... i'm tempted but not at this price

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I would definitely buy this if it was just the first movie; not the other abominations.[/QUOTE]

You'd really spend $70 on a single movie but not on all three?

[quote name='joshnorm']Where is a link for the Media Market import? Do they send it to the US?[/QUOTE]
German Forum. No link yet. In-store only.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']German Forum. No link yet. In-store only.[/QUOTE]

Should have guessed, the US always gets the but end of the good steelbooks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Same here. Price is 40 euros or $55ish.[/QUOTE]

Before or after shipping? If it's that much cheaper and easy to import, I will just do that.

[quote name='sgand']Before or after shipping? If it's that much cheaper and easy to import, I will just do that.[/QUOTE]
before shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']People might want to take a look at the image and squint a bit at the blue Best Buy strip at the top.

If I'm reading it right, it looks like this is BD + DVD + DC listed at the top of the image.

That might make it work picking up, assuming it's BD + DVD + DC as it appears.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that. I will definitely buy it from best buy if that gets confirmed. Not a bad price for three version plus a steelbook.

[quote name='mrlokievil']I just noticed that. I will definitely buy it from best buy if that gets confirmed. Not a bad price for three version plus a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

It is not a great price but come next Tues. if it is on sale for $59.99 and not $69.99 then I would gladly buy it. For $10 more and if it in fact comes with the DVD's then cool, that is if it does go on on sale for $59.99.

[quote name='mrlokievil']I just noticed that. I will definitely buy it from best buy if that gets confirmed. Not a bad price for three version plus a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

well I also read that they're flipper discs...

Best Buy keeps releasing steelbooks in G1 size instead of Blu-Ray size, so it's not far fetched to think they'll screw up the pressing (in the eyes of a collector, anyway) and make these flipper discs.

Best Buy's preference on releasing G1 steelbook has nothing to do with the discs being flipper discs.

If I remember right, the Jurassic Park movies are Universal-backed, and they're the only ones AFAIK that release discs as flipper discs.

They've done Red and the Bourne Trilogy individual movies as flipper discs, though those are the only ones I can think of off-hand.

[quote name='shrike4242']Best Buy's preference on releasing G1 steelbook has nothing to do with the discs being flipper discs.

If I remember right, the Jurassic Park movies are Universal-backed, and they're the only ones AFAIK that release discs as flipper discs.

They've done Red and the Bourne Trilogy individual movies as flipper discs, though those are the only ones I can think of off-hand.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying, they're marketing steelbooks to Blu collectors in DVD sizes. That's a stupid decision. It's not far off for them to call up Universal and make a request like "Hey, we want to commission an exclusive steelbook, do you think you can make flipper discs to reduce our costs?" That way, they can still charge a premium price and turn a bigger profit.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm just saying, they're marketing steelbooks to Blu collectors in DVD sizes. That's a stupid decision. It's not far off for them to call up Universal and make a request like "Hey, we want to commission an exclusive steelbook, do you think you can make flipper discs to reduce our costs?" That way, they can still charge a premium price and turn a bigger profit.[/QUOTE]Having BB's steelbooks be DVD-sized, yes, that's likely to turn off collectors that don't want some random cases in the middle of their collection sticking up higher than other cases.

Would you have thought it might sell any differently if they're not flipper discs? I can't see them making a 6+ disc steelbook like they did for the LOTR pre-order bonus, so it's not crazy to assume they'd go with a "standard"-sized steelbook that should handle three discs without issue

This is where it's wondered on Blu-Ray.com if they're flipper discs or not:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...ctober-25-2011-review-up-100.html#post5340152

[quote name='Darknuke']man I want this steelbook but that's so expensive... Might wait a until a week after release and see if it drops at all.[/QUOTE]
They might be gone by then!! I think they would steelbooks sell fast

[quote name='shrike4242']Would you have thought it might sell any differently if they're not flipper discs?[/url][/QUOTE]

Among collectors, yes. Average Joe Derp isn't going to care if it's a flipper disc. They're making a steelbook to attract collectors, not Joe Derp.

The phrase "flipper disc" is almost a "dead in the water" term among collectors. Many will avoid them like the plague. I remember a big fuss being made about Skyline because it was a flipper disc. The quality of the movie is relative, but the issue remains that people (myself included) avoided picking it up at BB because it was a flipper disc. Same with Source Code. They made it a flipper disc to reduce costs but threw in a lenticular slip to attract the collectors. It worked, somewhat. BB's found a winning method as of late with releasing steelbooks/tins separate from the individual release for no additional cost.

I'm not saying that it's likely they'll be flipper discs, I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']They might be gone by then!! I think they would steelbooks sell fast[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling steelbooks that expensive will be around at least a week after release. I wouldn't be heartbroken if I didn't get one because they did sell out tho.

wow, great debate guys, I won't take a side, but I will say that I segregated all my G1 SB cases away from the main BDs on my shelves. solves the problem with them sticking up higher, now I don't care..

perhaps this is a solution for some of you that hate these G1 cases..

^ good point. i have mixed G1 steelbook cases for xbox 360, wii, pd3, dvd and blu-ray. i put all my G1 cases is separate shelf away from G2. they look good by uniforming spine and height. it doesn't really matter to me if is blu-ray or not.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Same here. Price is 40 euros or $55ish.[/QUOTE]

thanks for this i was wondering how much i was going to have to shell out. :applause:

[quote name='seether254']thanks for this i was wondering how much i was going to have to shell out. :applause:[/QUOTE]
perhaps trading/swapping with similar steelbook might work between 2 traders. i would go that trading route first than purchasing it through. I've to follow my old book.

bread's done
Back