Jurassic Park Trilogy SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hallelujah! Just scored mine for $39.99 PM to Frys. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]
But it was $35? Either way, I'm jelly since mine was $7 more with no Frys here.

[quote name='Jodou']But it was $35? Either way, I'm jelly since mine was $7 more with no Frys here.[/QUOTE]

Great I will be PM-ing this with Targets ad this week (most likely Thursday)

[quote name='Jodou']But it was $35? Either way, I'm jelly since mine was $7 more with no Frys here.[/QUOTE]
I think its regional. My Sunday AD says "Low Price" so they had to call in for price verification and stock availability.

[quote name='joshnorm']Great I will be PM-ing this with Targets ad this week (most likely Thursday)[/QUOTE]
Oh, about that: forgot to mention but Target's printed ad doesn't list JP anywhere in it. I had to have my BB confirm the online price, which is apparently a new PM policy option.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hallelujah! Just scored mine for $39.99 PM to Frys. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]Good job on scamming Best Buy. :applause:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hallelujah! Just scored mine for $39.99 PM to Frys. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]

frys has the steelbook for $40?

[quote name='shrike4242']Good job on scamming Best Buy. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? o_O

[quote name='Jodou']Oh, about that: forgot to mention but Target's printed ad doesn't list JP anywhere in it. I had to have my BB confirm the online price, which is apparently a new PM policy option.[/QUOTE]

I am checking out the virtual ad online (which isn't that the same as the printed ad) and its in there for $46.99

http://weeklyad.target.com/minneapolis-mn-55403/categories?page=5&sort=title

[quote name='shrike4242']Good job on scamming Best Buy. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Somebody is mad they couldn't get a PM! :p
[quote name='joshnorm']I am checking out the virtual ad online (which isn't that the same as the printed ad) and its in there for $46.99

http://weeklyad.target.com/minneapolis-mn-55403/categories?page=5&sort=title
[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm trying to tell you: it's online but not in the physical printed ad. I looked up and down it three times and it's not where it should be, but it's entirely possible it's a regional thing.

[quote name='Jodou']Somebody is mad they couldn't get a PM! :p

That's what I'm trying to tell you: it's online but not in the physical printed ad. I looked up and down it three times and it's not where it should be, but it's entirely possible it's a regional thing.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, well thanks for the heads up I will have my iPhone handy and you just saved me a trip to Target to get an ad.

[quote name='Darknuke']Am I missing something? o_O[/QUOTE]Only that....

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Steelbook is a BB exclusive, so it would fall into the unethical category I suppose to PM the regular version from Frys.[/QUOTE]That, usually along the lines of taking advantage of someone who doesn't understand the differences in some items in an ad.

Not the first time he's done, certainly not the last time, so it's a moot point for me to call him out on it, since he doesn't care.

[quote name='Jodou']Somebody is mad they couldn't get a PM! :p[/QUOTE]No Frys, so no PM option. Regardless, it's not the same product, so unless you get a complete idiot of a CSR, you'll be denied by the "BB Exclusive" slapped all over the product.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']LOL I wasn't mad everything went smooth. You guys don't even have Frys. Thats why Frys has the best price @ the West Coast.[/QUOTE]They didn't get your money, so I'm sure they could care less if you PM'd their ad at BB or not.

I'm not saying it absolves the unethical nature of this PM but BB should really specify on the receipt that it's a BB exclusive Steelbook or something as it just looks like the standard on there. I can't say if that's the same for all their BB exclusive steelbooks but I know for sure it was for their Disney/Pixars ones, which I admit I did get BB to PM to Walmart's price a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG is home to bragging about exploiting various loopholes.

Whatever makes people feel good about themselves, I guess.

[quote name='ssjmichael']but BB should really specify on the receipt that it's a BB exclusive Steelbook or something as it just looks like the standard on there.[/QUOTE]

wow, I see what you did there..too bad I'm not as smart as you or I maybe would have picked it up at lunch, and PM'd with receipt and ad only later..that and if I currently had $3x.xx or whatever to drop on decade old movies :lol:

I was able to get a PM from Fry's 36.99 without having BB call them for proof. Makes me wish I should've told a lower price haha...

Wasn't able to PM Target and I don't have a Fry's but I was able to PM Amazon so I'll take it for $48.99.

I went by my local Best Buy today. They still had 6 copies of JP with the steelbook case. I debated on picking it up and then put it back. I just couldn't make myself purchase it knowing they are making another movie in the series. I wish they were individual steelbooks.

My store typically has steelbooks for sometime. I walked around and still found cars 2 steelbooks on the shelf too.

Another series? I think trilogy is enough. If they put into fourth series then there is no where to put that 7th & 8th disc on G1 steelbook since it only holds 6 disc. You better buy it now before they're gone for good.

i know they're making a 4th movie, but i bet that it doesn't come out for at least 2 years

considering how long it took to get the first 3 on blu ray, i'm pretty sure it'll be a while before i have to decide to double-dip or not if they re-release another series set

well I still saw this on the shelf at 2 BBs, still resisted, especially when you can easily press on the center of the case and make that little 'bloop-blop'-ing noise with it. I bet that sh*t is packed in there tight!

[quote name='token2k6']well I still saw this on the shelf at 2 BBs, still resisted, especially when you can easily press on the center of the case and make that little 'bloop-blop'-ing noise with it. I bet that sh*t is packed in there tight![/QUOTE]
Haha, you must've had some really messed up ones if they were beeping at you. That's pretty much what I was talking about before with the embossing making the cover not flush.

[quote name='Jodou']Haha, you must've had some really messed up ones if they were beeping at you. That's pretty much what I was talking about before with the embossing making the cover not flush.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, not so much beeping, its hard to type, but just the pressing of it in and it popping back out. Yeah, now I know what you were talking about with the embossing, looks alright, but probably could get pretty messed up when sliding it in and out on the shelf in b/t other films..

[quote name='Fanatix']I went by my local Best Buy today. They still had 6 copies of JP with the steelbook case. I debated on picking it up and then put it back. I just couldn't make myself purchase it knowing they are making another movie in the series. I wish they were individual steelbooks.

My store typically has steelbooks for sometime. I walked around and still found cars 2 steelbooks on the shelf too.[/QUOTE]

I don't really get this complaint. You're refusing to buy this because they're planning a 4th movie and thus it won't be "complete", but at the same time you'd prefer they all came in individual steelbooks. Soo...?

I mean if they came in individual steelbooks then you'd buy all 3 of them anyway, and when the fourth came out in say 2014 you;d get that one too. So you'd have 4 steelbooks on your shelf VS 2 steelbooks here. Is having three steelbooks wrapped into one case bothering you that much?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't really get this complaint. You're refusing to buy this because they're planning a 4th movie and thus it won't be "complete", but at the same time you'd prefer they all came in individual steelbooks. Soo...?

I mean if they came in individual steelbooks then you'd buy all 3 of them anyway, and when the fourth came out in say 2014 you;d get that one too. So you'd have 4 steelbooks on your shelf VS 2 steelbooks here. Is having three steelbooks wrapped into one case bothering you that much?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't mean it is a complaint. But I am that anal with my collection and I would rather have the 4 steelbooks on my shelf vs 2 steelbooks.

I had the same issue with the Harry Potter series. There was an awesome deal on Years 1-5 set yet I had the sixth on my shelf. I could've save a lot of money buying that deal but I opted out because it wouldn't look right next to year 6 and eventually year 7.

But I'm still really tempted to pick up the JP Steelbook. I'm currently on the edge right now.

Interesting that my local store has it, for the past year everything steelbook related has been sold out day 1, still bummed i didn't get my fast five steelbook :(

not a huge steelbook "whore" but this does look nice, i wouldn't pay $60 however, especially since i only really liked JP1, JP2 is watchable but JP3? i would rather have the option to save $10 and not get it LOL

From the way it looks online the stores near me both still have this. Might pick it up today after work.

Oh BTW, not sure if this was mentioned but inside a CD-key for Jurassic Park: The Game Episode One on PC. Might sweeten the deal for anyone on the fence.

I was almost tempted to get this but that extra 10 dollars for it really bummed me out. I doubt I can try to sneak a price match for this one as they will claim the exclusive steelbook that Target does not have.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I was almost tempted to get this but that extra 10 dollars for it really bummed me out. I doubt I can try to sneak a price match for this one as they will claim the exclusive steelbook that Target does not have.[/QUOTE]

How can they when it looks like the regular on the receipt? You would do this after the fact, not at the point of sale. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be that difficult to get a PM

[quote name='ssjmichael']How can they when it looks like the regular on the receipt? You would do this after the fact, not at the point of sale. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be that difficult to get a PM[/QUOTE]

all they have to do is type it in at target.com and your screwed

http://www.target.com/p/Jurassic-Park-Ultimate-Trilogy-3-Discs-Blu-ray-Widescreen/-/A-13683811

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Jurassi...&skuId=3649137&st=jurassic park blu&lp=1&cp=1

if they were both Grey, then maybe...but the steelbook is black.....

[quote name='ITDEFX']all they have to do is type it in at target.com and your screwed

http://www.target.com/p/Jurassic-Park-Ultimate-Trilogy-3-Discs-Blu-ray-Widescreen/-/A-13683811

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Jurassi...&skuId=3649137&st=jurassic park blu&lp=1&cp=1

if they were both Grey, then maybe...but the steelbook is black.....[/QUOTE]

But when you go back afterwards for a price match they don't see that yours is black and theirs is grey, they see yours was $59.99 and Target's was cheaper. Sure, if they did some digging they could figure out they are different, but they probably won't.

[quote name='neoz']That's why you got to get to know your BB employee's. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh I do....but it's the manager who can ruin your plans...anything over 5 dollars and they need to do an override....sometimes they just look at what it is and don't give a rats ass, other times they make any excuse to shoot you down.

[quote name='stubadub']But when you go back afterwards for a price match they don't see that yours is black and theirs is grey, they see yours was $59.99 and Target's was cheaper. Sure, if they did some digging they could figure out they are different, but they probably won't.[/QUOTE]

I see your point...damn I should have checked this thread earlier...oh well no biggie.

[quote name='bearkiss']I did the price match for the steelbook with the target ad and they didnt blink[/QUOTE]
Ditto, they even had to look it up on Target's website before approving it because my ad didn't have it listed.

Crappy quality for a SB. Just received mine today, it feels super thin, and the middle where the logo is at, it kinda pops, like it's not glued to the plastic....very odd.

Damn I should have price matched target today. The BB manager price matched the Walmart price for the Crow ($10) without blinking an eye. I bet I could have bought the Jurassic Park Steelbook for $46.99. Dammit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Crappy quality for a SB. Just received mine today, it feels super thin, and the middle where the logo is at, it kinda pops, like it's not glued to the plastic....very odd.[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY what I felt when I had one in my hand yesterday.

bread's done
Back