Just a minor FYI about Best Buy pre-order cases/codes

PseudoFinrod

CAGiversary!
This isn't a deal, just a little FYI. If I'm in the wrong forum, I apologize--and if this is exceedingly common knowledge, then I apologize twice.
I went into Best Buy today to buy Fable 3, and asked them if they happened to have any more of the pre-order cases. I found out that the store policy is to destroy those cases on a game's release date--they put them in a crusher and everything. All those poor codes gone to waste *sniff*
In other words, if you really want some pre-order code that Best Buy is offering, it might be good to actually pre-order :p Looks like I'll never wield the Channeler...

Actually, the code is not in the box. They sent Best Buy separate cards with the DLC code for the preorders. I bought it today and got my code just fine.

I've worked for BB for several years, and the DLC codes are very rarely in the pre-order boxes. Sony's PS3 pre-orders sometimes have the code in them, but that's about it. Since the touchscreen pre-order system is starting to roll out in all stores, we most likely will see the tangible boxes less and less.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Actually, the code is not in the box. They sent Best Buy separate cards with the DLC code for the preorders. I bought it today and got my code just fine.

I've worked for BB for several years, and the DLC codes are very rarely in the pre-order boxes. Sony's PS3 pre-orders sometimes have the code in them, but that's about it. Since the touchscreen pre-order system is starting to roll out in all stores, we most likely will see the tangible boxes less and less.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Where was your code? Inside the package?

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']Interesting. Where was your code? Inside the package?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Actually, the code is not in the box. They sent Best Buy separate cards with the DLC code for the preorders.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

I'm guessing a lot of Best Buy Fable III pre-order customers went home without their Channeler yesterday.

My Best Buy Customer Service rep bailed on me when I asked him for one(yea, I assume he went to look, but he didn't say a word and the next thing I know, he disappeared, I found it quite comical). It dawned on me and I suddenly remembered reading that one retailer somewhere didn't give codes for Limited Editions and thought crap, I'm an idiot, what if that was Best Buy.

I ended up walking to the game section after standing like an idiot by Customer Service for 10 minutes because I wanted to see whether the codes were packaged with regular editions when I encountered a rep who was stocking the game section and he figured out what I was talking about and dug the codes up for me.

The Fable III villager codes are in those Best Buy Fable III pre-order boxes. I know because I checked after creating my villager and was asked for the unique code to have them put into my game, it was in small print on the bottom of the card. I glazed over it when I first got the pre-order box and saw the "bring this card back on the day of release" message that was printed on there.

Thank you all for the information. I went back to Best Buy brandishing my receipt, and Customer Service didn't know what I was talking about. However, a helpful cashier found some in plain sight at the register--a whole bunch of them, to boot. It would appear thar this is yet another case of a miscommunication between the top and the bottom.

bread's done
Back